Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Here’s a couple phenos of my Purple Afghan Hashplant since it seems to be a popular thing to post. Will prob flip to flower in the next couple days.

38 Likes

Super healthy!!

Nice earth boxes :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Really wanna try one of those earth boxes

7 Likes

These ladies have only been in there for a week. I’m astonished how healthy they look. I haven’t had anything this good looking in veg in a couple years. I’m excited to see them in flower.

Ive seen the left one flowered by a buddy of mine but the one on the right is a different pheno that hasn’t been run yet.

10 Likes

Do it. Seems super easy and is going great so far.

5 Likes

Are you covering it with plastic so the humidity in the tent rises less at lights out?

3 Likes

Nope. There’s a cover to keep the moisture in. Like a mini rainforest. Water evaporates, condenses on the cover and then rains back down. I don’t top water with this setup. I just dump 2.5 gal of fresh water down that tube and the plants drink from the “underground aquifer”

13 Likes

Have you tried using a microbial inoculate like em1, labs, photosynthesis+, etc in your reservoir? Bacteria dominate bottom, fungal dominated top(bokashi, Grokashi), party in the middle.

4 Likes

I haven’t. This is my first run with sips so I’m gonna keep it simple this time. I’ve got BAS 3.0 in the top and also top dressed with some craft blend, rootwise, gnarly barley, some worm castings, and some bokashi.

8 Likes

This is where it all began for me: GREEN'S PROBIOTIC METHOD | Rollitup
This is the easiest method I have come across, with the best results. Topdress Barley, crab, ewc, and bu’s blend compost three(ish)times and keep the res topped off and your done. Hydro growth with an organic soil flavor.

6 Likes

I know that guy. I tried those sips but did not get anything close to coco growth. I had a few runs and had healthy plants. Smoke was the same organic vs synthetic for me. No difference in smoke, taste, or high. My 2 cents

4 Likes

That’s a lot of reading. But I’m sure great info! I use some fermented peach extract too that smells like kombucha. Seems to be good a probiotic. But who knows.

3 Likes

hell yeah dude. i’m also trying out buildasoil but i have 60gal beds, oly compost living soil and i use craft blend and buildaflower for fertilizer that’s it, so far so good. even better than their videos haha

12 Likes

Right on! This earthbox is in my small 1.5x2.5 foot tent.

In my 4x4 I’ve got a 3x3 grassroots bed with the Take and Bake kit. Straw mulch, 12seed cover crop, just hit it up with some gnarly barley and craft blend top dresses, with some fermented Peach juice in my water to water it all in. And best of all, no PHing, no up/down.

I’m having so much fun just playing in the dirt and watching things change. It’s making me feel like a kid playing in the woods again. And my veg plants are the healthiest they have ever been.

10 Likes

totally. dirt is fun

3 Likes

Very nice. I am doing some beds as well. 3x3 with take and bake and a 2x4 with my own blend I threw together.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great setup,
I’ve just started my current grown in living soil, first time trying organics. I took the plunge after watching the first series of BaS on YouTube.

Being in UK, I had to source some different ingredients, but it’s all good. Only things I can’t really find here at the moment are fish hydrolysate and STS for making some fem pollen.

I know what you mean about growing just being fun with living soil, I literally spend ages with my plants sometimes, just watching the bugs in the mulch layer or staring at the fungal growth lol.

I added a top dress yesterday of malted barley, powdered egg shells, Kelp meal, insect frass and worm castings. Its just fun mixing up all of these amendments!

16 Likes

@SonsOfAvery Here’s a UK source of fish hydrolysate:

4 Likes

ClusterFunk F1 Smoke Report

Growth: 7/10
Not a slow veg but not too fast neither. She loves being topped and lowers grow up evenly enough. She barely did a 2x stretch. Her fat heavy buds will need support, so a screen was required. She did get a tiny bit of rot and was the only plant in the tent to do so, literally a couple lower stem buds. Took her at day 65 when mold was spotted.

Smell: 9/10
Gnarly rotten food in a garbage can. Extremely funky, tiny bit skunky, smells like someone left a steak and onion dinner untouched and in a hot car for 5 days with a little sweet berry-ish kind of note. Nasty. I love it lol

Taste : 7/10
Inhaling the Unlit rolled joint tastes very chemmy with some of the funkiness. Reminds me of GMO but obviously GMo gets its taste from Chem. When it’s lit, it’s all semi sweet chemmy and deep heavy Kush. Perfume lingering taste on the exhale is ok but not my favorite.

Effects : 9/10
Instantly my body temp shot up about 50 degrees, or at least that’s how I felt. After 3 hits, I feel like I need to sit down. Not dizziness but heaviness. I put the joint out halfway (always a good sign) and feel the heaviness drifting away and down my shoulders and back, All the while the heat is still there. My brother says the dumbest thing to his wife and it sends me into a laughing fit that actually made me shed a tear. This hasnt happened in a long time, on Weed lol.
Now all I can do is focus on is the fact that I’m standing and working on this report but my entire back feels relief. Did not get me tired and is excellent video game weed. Some of the best I’ve had in a while.

Overall: 9/10
I feel like this cultivar would make excellent hash. A single gram left an insane amount of kief on my desk. It’s a heady couchlocky weed that smells so gnarly it might not be the best for people trying to budget Carbon filters lol
One of my only negatives is the high doesn’t seem to last more than an hour or so. I have plans to keep her and plant the remaining 6 seeds soon. :green_heart:

44 Likes

Four Soars, veg day 54 today:

#1:

#2:

#3 (two pics):

And the #4:

The #3 is the only female. You can see that she’s way-less branchy than the other three. She’s also the shortest. I’m growing a couple Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy, too, and they’re both super-branchy, which is leading me to believe that the #3 Soar is probably leaning more towards the OMG side of the cross.

And here’re a couple Imperial Majesties, both female (I think), also on day 54 of veg:

#1:

And the #2:

The #1’s so much shorter than the #2 because when I topped them, I accidentally chopped off one branch from the node below where I was topping, so I just cut the other one off to even it out.

Anyway, the females got transplanted into seven-gallon pots today, two more weeks and then they’ll get flipped. Mostly I just wanted to get some pictures of those Soars out there; there’s annoyingly little info about those seeds online. Or I can’t really find any info about them, anyway. Sucks that I only got the one female, especially since I’ve planted eight of those seeds over the course of two grows and only found this one lady. I still have some more, though, probably get better luck the next time I run some. Of course, I said that last time, too… haha!

32 Likes