Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3)

Apparently Tom Hill supports DJs claim too. I’ve seen him get pretty brash with his opinions in IG comments on Nspectas page recently.

Nonetheless, I’m not chopping anything yet. I’m just watching what they do with the hopes to collect pollen, and test a few of the breeding theories we always hear on podcasts.

18 Likes

That’s a tough one. I killed my Sour Bubbles that did that but I have heard DJ Shorts claims that it’s a desirable trait. I just don’t know enough to say so I err on the side of caution.

11 Likes

Ive found this to be true in my breeding projects, too.
As long as its not full herm by week 4 or 5, youre good.
Ive found more herms in non-herm x non-herm than i have in non-herm x semi-herm.

10 Likes

I had a male that was 100% stable through cold, draught, and root stress but threw hairs as soon as I revegged him. I’m seeing a 70/30 female:male ratio in his offspring…

16 Likes

I still have some Sour Bubble seeds from those males. Buggers dumped some pollen before throwing pistils. I plan to hunt through them one day, got them set aside.

9 Likes

I think with DJ and possibly TH they may have the Thailand genetics in mind as well. Don’t know how accessible DJ is these days but you could always ask TH, though he has posted some thoughts here recently as well.

from this thread : Looking for chocolate thai

13 Likes

Sample vape of NL#2 x G13HP chopped 93 days 12/12 from seed. Smaller size with this method maybe but awesome looking dense buds with trykes of many shades of amber and cloudy, some clear with dark brown centers and some clear clear.
They smell like black pepper and gun powder smoke. Powerful on first draw and noticeably “high”. Very relaxing at the same time. Sour tasting and extremely sour smell in the room. Will smoke some to see how it is combusted.

23 Likes

Dang it! I tossed a F13 x Blockhead male that did that :sob::man_facepalming: He was a heavy pollen producer too

7 Likes

Funny you say that, after a run I reveg the males and only stress-test the ones that didnt throw pistils. Made a bunch of one-off hybrids/filals with the most stable ones, but havent grow any out yet.

I suppose one of these days I should do the same sort of thing with the semi-herm males, and compare-contrast the groups :thinking: But ughhh man I’ve been so weary to do so

13 Likes

I haven’t grown any bodhi strains just yet but I’ve tossed males that threw pistils not knowing if they were true males or herm prone…

Crap well you learn every day !

6 Likes

Holy shit @Hillbill ! I had no idea you were on OG. When researching Jalalagod I kept reading & rereading your posts about it on RIU. Daydreaming pretty heavy on it. You might still be the only other person I know that grew some out.

18 Likes

I gotta ask… should we believe the tom hill username here on overgrow is the real tom hill?

Has he posted anything to back up this claim?

(we have had impersonators show up using well known names from the cannabis industry before.)

13 Likes

That’s a great question I’m sure a lot of us would like to know the answer to, I was hoping it was him for real but I wasn’t sure at all. @zephyr

2 Likes

Yeah I normally toss anything that herms, period. But I don’t normally reveg things either. After this dude passed the other stress tests I decided to use him for the cross. Only afterwards did I decide to reveg him as I lost my clone of him, and then bam, hairs so he got tossed. I had to pop those beans though and I haven’t seen any herms or intersex tendencies, only an increased amount of females to males than any of my other crosses.

14 Likes

I have spoken to him quite a few different times and quite a few different places. I never like to say anything with 100% certainty, but yeah, that’s the real @TomHill haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

21 Likes

Ive posted this years ago, but theres a lot of evidence I found in my garden, from others’breeding, and in white page papers that potency is positivity related to hermaphrodism.

The most psychedelic sativas herm pretty easy, sometimes too easy. Some African lines in fact rarely produce a stable male.
Lines that people have take to F7 or beyond selecting sexual stability often end up with a dull high.

18 Likes

Learning everyday :blush:

4 Likes

Did you try that DLA9 yet? Saw your post on RIU

7 Likes

do you transplant when you run 12 12 from seed?

3 Likes

New year, new plants. Lemon Wookie V2 is 6 for 6!

I sowed directly into “soil” (ProMix + perlite) on 12/31. They are barely breaking the surface in the two cups in the back…

26 Likes