Bodhi seed's Pura Vida Preservation Run (CLOSED)

So many things to try…I missed out on the taste test first time, so glad to get another chance. Thank you for the time and effort nube!

6 Likes

Awesome project put my name on the list.

Btw a few of you guys need to check your trust levels as a ton of former “regulars” were demoted including myself. Kind of funny being forced to read stuff you aren’t interested in in order to stay a “regular”. The fact that helping pay server fees and signing on regularly for multiple years doesn’t make you a regular baffles me.

15 Likes

So excited to see the rest of this grow. Thanks again nube, you are a inspiration to many of us. Your time, knowledge and graciousness are all a huge asset to all of us in the cannabis community. We appreciate you and your contributions. Seeing you post in here again is great. Looking forward to more !

3 Likes

Great project! Have you grown HPK or any crosses with it?

3 Likes

Right. When you get a lot of new traffic and perhaps most of it peddling wares some who contribute with their wallets may not get the brownie points that -

• of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25%
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25%

would not motivate a ‘member’ to open up the wallet.

7 Likes

Please send mrs & mr. @bodhi some good vibes folks. They deserve all the credit, not me. @MojoRizing deserves it too. I’m just a guy who has been blessed and I’m trying to share. That’s the thing about blessings - when you share them with others, you multiply the good vibes. If you hoard them or try to capitalize them, you remove the good vibes.

Instead of trying to make money off rare strains regardless of how you obtained them, instead of manipulating people or situations to get what you want, instead of leveraging them to your advantage or to make you look important, instead of currying favor with breeders and other “important” industry people, instead of flaunting your seed collection and wealth accumulation, I figure take what you’re blessed with and and give back. Pay It Forward. Just like @Torontoke imagined a long time ago. I’m grateful to him for sharing his vision because it makes sense to me. Too many people think of what they can get from a situation, from others, from resources. I’d rather think of what I can do to give, in every scenario, everywhere, all the time. Greed and selfish thoughts are ruining the world.

Money does weird shit to people. I try not to think about weed in terms of value, better or worse, nicer or not as nice compared to anyone else. We’re not in competition - we’re all in this together because we enjoy the plant. For different reasons, for sure, but some reasons are shared. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like what I like, and you like what you like.

The original Overgrow was about coming together to share resources and info and genetics and overgrow the planet. Together. I’m not against people making money off weed necessarily, especially if they need the money or they’re extra generous, but I am against unrepentant greed and predatory practices. And all the so-called “medical” marijuana BS in the industry where they poison the weed with their greed. All the stuff I spoke about in my original Giving Back To The Community thread.

So instead of praising or thanking me, let’s thank and praise all those people I mentioned. They’re good peeps. They’re the ones who deserve the credit. Let’s praise and thank each other. :slight_smile: I’m a nobody, I have no connections, nor do I aspire to any, and I’m not special. There are lots of people with similar attitudes and styles here and everywhere, and we need more of them. We need more people actively working to counteract the greed and selfish world we live in. I believe in being the change you want to see, practicing what you preach, and honestly considering the impact of your words and actions on people both before and after you do them.

Let’s show kindness and generosity to everyone else, both in our daily lives and online. Please be kind, be generous, be patient, be forgiving, and be compassionate. Those are the things that will lead to a better world for everyone.

:peace_symbol:

43 Likes

Thanks to all of the guardians of this wonderful plant. B and the Mrs. All of those preserving landrace and classic heirlooms. Those making and preserving unique hybrids, and all and everyone who does this for the sake of doing and not for the pursuit of riches or status!

10 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. No chickens will be counted before they’re hatched. 5 weeks +/- to go.

To all, I’m happy to do this. I love growing and I only consume about a gram a week in any form, so it is no big deal for me to make seeds. I have jars on jars that I’ll never be able to smoke through, but the plants are so beautiful I’ll keep growing them and giving away the weed to anyone in need.

A bit about my methods - I want to give the plants all the credit and thanks and gratitude they deserve. I try to do as little as possible in the garden while still keeping up with the basic maintenance tasks. Instead of focusing on the details and maxing out every variable and making them do what I want, I’d rather give them organic soil and water and light and let them do what they want. Instead of managing their growth and bending them to my will, I want to foster their spirit and let whatever happens happen. Sometimes it goes great, sometimes not so great. Some of the results I love, some I’m not so fond of, but each plant gets its due.

Speaking of, by day 59v they were in desperate need of a transplant. Here’s what they looked like before transplant. Oh yeah, I finally numbered them when I took clones at day 50 so I could keep track.

And here are individual shots of each plant:

Don’t read too much into their differing heights and shapes just yet - a lot of it is meaningless at this point. Here they are that same day after transplant and IPM. Those are 7gal cloth “root pouches” that are about half full. I didn’t want to waste too much dirt on the males that were only going to flower for a max of 3 weeks anyway.

@Gaz29 thanks for the info. :heart: I’ll reach out to @Mom and hopefully get the logistics figured out. If it doesn’t work out as a coop effort, I’ll just send all the shit out myself. That’s what I did last time with the DS F2. It only costs a couple stamps and an envelope and a little time. I use super inexpensive but extra safe packaging. No big deal. I’m not interested in money.

@GreenCaciqueHawaii cool man, we flew into Kona a couple years ago and had great times at Mauna Kea beach when they had rare 10ft waves. Bodyboarding heaven! Went snorkling down at Capt. Cook too. He sure got what he deserved.

@Stickyjones been holding up OK. Got perma laid off at the beginning of the pandemic, and no jobs available anywhere, but I’m thankful for my health. Family got stuck overseas while visiting long lost EU family lines when the travel ban came down, but they eventually made it back and thankfully didn’t get sick. Instead of focusing about what’s bad in the world, I want to focus on the good we can do here and everywhere in our daily lives. :slight_smile: Generosity and compassion will overcome greed and fear. They always do. <3

@TheShowMeHomie bodhi wrote that description, but the grow & smoke reports I’ve read about it are quite a bit different than his description. I’ll speak about the scents in due time, but for now they’re more in line with what others have experienced. Who knows how they’ll turn out. They always change a ton for me during flowering, harvesting, drying, and curing. As do effects and potency.

@Chiefer88 thanks for the kind words and Amen! :blush: nope, I haven’t ran anything HPK yet but I’m definitely looking forward to a “pure kush” hybrid that doesn’t lean towards the bubba side.

This is a good time for a PSA. Just like we all learned in gradeschool, don’t judge a book by its cover. Not in life, not with people, and not in your garden. Unless all you’re going for are looks and smell, nobody can reliably pick winner plants before they’re harvested and cured and smoked many times by many people. That’s all some people care about and that’s OK. For me, a winner is anything that feels great. As long as a plant doesn’t have Dr. Grinspoon yields and structure, I pretty much only care about potency and effects. Smell and taste and vigor and all those other things are nice to have, but much much much less important to me.

:peace_symbol:

46 Likes

@nube is back! I’m as excited as a puppy with 2 peters! Welcome back homie! I’m all in on this shit man. Too hot in the Shed. I’m gonna hang here for a lil minute! Go bro let’s grow! RESPECT

:cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Right on my friend…

8 Likes

You sir are a wordsmith! Your philosophy is right on point. Both your grow philosophy as well as your life philosophy. One of my curiosities and sources of inspiration is Buddhism. Not trying to promote anything I assure you but your thoughts are in keeping with a lot of Buddhism practices. Take care my friend. Glad your back.

Blessings…

17 Likes

Thanks for preserving this one! I was considering hunting down a clone, but this is even better!

20 Likes

Those are some great inspiring words, the awesome giving spirit of a lot of people around here is really nice to see and i totally believe its contageous. Im sorry to hear you got canned but am stoked to hear youve retained your good spirits✌

7 Likes

There are some nice lookers in there. Nice pots. I filled my 10 gallon ones 1/2 full at first too.

3 Likes

otoh you can probably monitor about 3 threads and cover 25% of the new posts. 25% of the new threads… that takes dedication. Have to give up gaming and automate the grow to have enough spare time

11 Likes

It takes about an hour a day I don’t actively try to maintain it I just read what interests me I do understand your frustration I put my grow log in the private lounge so that randoms wouldn’t see it unfortunately half the people I want to see it don’t now

12 Likes

I believe I average as much time as you…just got a bit more selective about the number of threads I read. And if you don’t subscribe to about 3 threads you are going to miss those post numbers.

listening to
things that go hmmmmm
baltimore (and @Baltimore just sayin’ u r famous and I can’t keep up with the traffic enough for dialogue …all love brother u r the kite we are the tail and we will just float along on that oleskool cloud of bull…errr methane coming up out of texas)

12 Likes

Why don’t you want the “randoms” to see it?
Blessings…

7 Likes

Plant count plain and simple sometimes my math and the states don’t equate

19 Likes

:laughing: there’s a lot of bull flying, thats for sure. I’m just trying to humble myself stay level and get this infection gone.

I love this site. I do a ton of lurking. I do most of it on the phone so most of my posts are incoherent for one reason or another. The institutions really did a number on me.

One day at a time these days. I keep a long thread. Maybe archiving it and deleting it will open a new chapter. Love this site. Y’all be safe. :+1:t2::blush:

19 Likes