Bodhi seed's Pura Vida Preservation Run (CLOSED)

Aahhhh. I see. Of course. You are in the hinder region without prohibition. They’ll put me in jail for 1 plant. Lol

Blessings…
:cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

Hope everybody had a good weekend. :partying_face: You’re welcome to hang out but I have no clue what y’all talking about. :heart: lol

Back on topic, I gave the Pura Vida a week in their new digs before flipping them to 12/12. I ended up with 5 males and 4 females.

Here’s what they looked like on day 2F (after flip). Females first, numbers 1 - 2 - 4 - 7 from left to right…

And the males, numbers 3 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 9 from left to right.

Smells are funky, skunky, and sour all around.

Here are pics of each plant to show the structure up close.

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

You can see the week ended up helping quite a bit. These are vigorous little buggers.

:peace_symbol:

39 Likes

Some nice little bushes you have there. I like the looks of f7 so far.

4 Likes

I am just starting out so please excuse the newb question. On female #2 what causes the yellowing of the leaf tips?

5 Likes

Hi @Joker it’s a valid question, nube or not. :slight_smile:

As you’ll recall from my earlier posts, I mentioned that plant being finnicky and, also, that I let the pots dry out too much. That and being rootbound is what I guess caused it. I’m not too worried about it.

With organic soil, I’ve found that it needs to stay moist or you’ll get issues like this. Such issues are temporary as long as you subsequently keep the soil moist. The affected leaves tend to keep those looks until they die or are plucked.

Fear not. As you’ll see in further updates, that plant has grown out of it. :gift_heart:

17 Likes

@nube Plants are looking great! Super stoked about this run!

Have you used the Root Pouch pots before? We just bought a bunch of 30 gallon ones. Curious what you thought of their construction? :v:

6 Likes

Hey @PlantShepherd I’ve been using the root pouches for about 5 years now. They work great and they’re the only good cloth pots I can find cheap deals on. I’m totally satisfied by them and they hold up well to multiple years and many harvest. The ones used for this grow have already been through 3 grows and still look brand new. I just shake them out after harvest, and then stuff them in a sealed trash bag until I need to use them again. I think you’re going to have good success with them.

The generic ones on Amazon/ebay are usually cheap foreign-made junk that are about the thickness of a reuseable grocery bag. And those aren’t that much cheaper than the root pouches. Whereas the high end ones like smartpots and shit like that are usually double the price but don’t seem to be any better for my needs. I’ve only used a few smart pots a few years ago tho, so perhaps they’re better/cheaper now?

14 Likes

This thread has so many benefits :grin:
Just trolling around following the Q&A’s, nice pix, and a grand finale gift with beans of our own to try n emulate what we have been following.

Whew I’m out of breath.
Just traded fresh bud for fresh bud from a circle member. And it’s fukn powerful af !!! Bubba kush, but it’s orange in color, usually see some purple hues…I wasn’t expecting the hit to the face

14 Likes

Circle? It took me a couple of years to discover that we had a lounge. Now we have a circle?
Blessings…

7 Likes

I haven’t even heard of a lounge here. I’ve never been one of the cool kids, tho. :expressionless:

15 Likes

Yeah. I’m very much a “homebody”. I don’t venture far from the Shitkicker Shed. I ordered a 10 pack of root pouches this morning. Getting away from the plastic Nursery Pots. Could help with the heat. I hope you have a great day @nube.
Blessings…

8 Likes

Sorry if I mis-led, it’s a local thing. A circle of close friends or fellow growers. We share cuts n flowers, usually one of us has a particular strain just getting started and haven’t been spread out yet and we sample it and then pass her about :wink:

10 Likes

@oleskool830 Although I prefer the roots in cloth bags, plastic pots definitely have their uses.

I’ve been using plastic pots and plastic bags strategically when I need to go out of town for more than a week during a grow and don’t want them to dry out. Cloth pots don’t work so well in that application unless they’re used as the top of Sub-Irrigated Planters (SIPs). I don’t trust anyone to come over to my house and water my plants, and I don’t want to setup automatic watering because of the high probability of leaks, which would be a disaster in a rental.

I had great success with plastic planter bags in December when we went out of town for 15 days and I needed to keep my TK x Iraqi bodhi testers alive. I transplanted the day before leaving, watered in extra heavy. Then the next morning right before we left I watered again until the overflow totes they sat in were full. Then I folded down the tops as best as possible to slow evaporation, and prayed they’d be good.

This is what they looked like when we left:

When we came back 15 days later, I was shocked to find they had not only survived, they had flourished!

They could have even gone a couple days longer! So plastic pots can be useful from time to time, but I definitely prefer to use cloth pots when I don’t have to go out of town for long periods.

36 Likes

My man! I am so jealous! I yearn for that situation. Sharing grows, seeds and sesssion smoking. In person! Nobody’s knocked on my door for months.
Give my regards to your grow buddies…
Blessings…

19 Likes

I’ve only used plastic nursery pots. @Meesh was putting substantial pressure on me a while back to change to cloth. As always, when @Meesh speaks…oleskool pays attention! :grin: The root pouches got my attention so I’ll give ‘em a spin around the block. Not getting rid of my nursery pots tho!

Blessings…

12 Likes

Wow! We’re they in soil? You should get out more! Lol

6 Likes

Sweet, thank you! I was hoping you liked them. I agree on all accounts. Some of our oldest pots are smartpots. They hold up, but they’re pricey. We’ve gone through quite a few thin cheapies also. Root pouches seem really well made. Like you said, the price is right, and the material is thick. My only complaint thus far is I wish they had used a little heavier stitching, but no torn handles yet!

Positive vibes! :v:

10 Likes

Looking good brother! Following.

5 Likes

That’s really cool. I wish I had something like that here on the front range with casual relaxed peeps, but most people I’ve met are such snobs here that I find them hard to be around. Acting like they invented weed, bragging about all the elite cuts they’ve run and their huge seed collections and lab reports, name dropping like they’re best friends with Jesus. lol I wish I would have recorded some of those conversations with people so you could hear how full of shit they are. :snake: :snake: :snake: And I don’t smoke much and don’t dab and don’t do it for the flavor, so they’re pretty dismissive, as if you have to be a 1/4oz a day smoker to have any insight into gardening. No big loss for me, that’s not my tribe.

lol :grey_question: I don’t understand. Spell it out for me buddy. Those plants are in the same soil mix I use for everything. :slight_smile:

@PlantShepherd yeah, I agree about the stiching. I try to not move pots around much without picking them up by the trays underneath or the tubs I put them in for overflow. I’ve read that disturbing the rootzone is bad and that it’s easier to mess up with cloth pots. I’d guess the bigger the pots, the bigger the risk. So I don’t abuse the root pouches too much. :heavy_plus_sign: vibes, my friend :slight_smile:

So here we are with a quick update on the Pura Vida. This is a week after the last pics, at day 9F.

I don’t recall which were which in the pics, but they mixed up since the last full tent shots.

They look pretty healthy to me, and they’re starting to separate into two camps. Short and broader leaf, and taller and narrower leaf. Your guess as to which is more representative of the Hollywood (LA) Pure Kush mom and which is more like the Appalachia dad.

Also, I took more clones as a backup shortly after pics were taken at day 2F, so that’s why you see fewer tops. I’ve found it tough to clone via any method when you have no cooling and temps in the house are above 90F.

It’s crazy that just 30 years ago, Boulder avg high temps during the summer months were only 80-85F, with average lows between 55-60F, which makes the lack of cooling in most older homes like this rental pretty understandable. Now the highs are 90-95F on average all summer, with lows in the 70-75F. A lot of people say global warming isn’t real, but that’s hard to believe when both local and worldwide data says otherwise.

Because the house is 60+ years old, and because we have no windows suitable for installing a window unit (crank style windows with screens held in by external brackets, or side-open windows with no window sills), we’re stuck with hot nights and hotter days unless the landlord installs a swamp cooler on the roof. Surprisingly, other than the clones, the plants don’t seem to mind too much. :see_no_evil:

36 Likes

Looking great in there! You’ll have a bushel of seed by the end of it.

I believe what @oleskool830 was trying to convey was that your plants looked so damned good upon return from your vacation that you should leave more often!

19 Likes