Bodhi Soar, Uplift and Purple NL2; GPS Stardawg f2; Rare Dankness Midas and Ghost of Lee Roy

As long as there is still some moisture in the stem your good to go, sounds like you actually jarred it at the perfect time. Missed the part in the thread about the bovedas

4 Likes

Here’s the Uplift #2.

Looks:

The drying mishap didn’t seem to affect this weed at all. It’s extremely gooey and it turned out so good that it just re-affirms my opinion that Bodhi is the best (or at least the most thoughtful and careful) breeder on the planet. Every male he uses just seems to work. Every cross he makes (with the exception of the Purple NL2 haha) works.

Smell: Overwhelmingly “berry-ish” with noticeable “clean soil” elements, too. In case you don’t remember, the Uplift #2 was the one that was not quite as OG-leaning as the #3, but also not nearly as hybrid-y as the #1 and the #4. The way it smells is definitely berry, though, and makes me think that the theory that Hell’s Angel OG is a Blackberry/OG cross is absolutely true. I don’t eat blackberries very often, so I don’t think I’d smell this and go,“Yep! That’s blackberries!” but it’s pretty obvious if you know the genetics of this cross. It’s a tart, dark fruity smell, for sure. I had actually kind of forgotten, or at least stopped thinking about, the fact that there’s Hell’s Angel OG in this cross, but every time I open this jar, I’m reminded of the story of the Hell’s Angel OG being a Blackberry/OG hybrid. It’s that berry-ish.

Flavor: Kind of a reverse of the smell. More earth and less berry. Maybe like 60:40 earth to berry, although I definitely get a sort of sour/tart berry flavor on the back end. Like blackberries, to be honest. These nugs have only been in jars for like 15 days, too, and I started checking them out after only eleven days, so I’m sure the flavors will change as time goes by. It tastes really good, though.

The smoke is a little harsh. I’ve only been smoking the Uplifts #2 and #3 so far, haven’t tried the #1 and #4 yet. But compared to the Uplift #3 (I’ll post a review of that one soon), which is incredibly smooth smoke, the Uplift #2 is pretty harsh. It makes me cough, anyway. The #3 does not make me cough.

High: I’m fairly certain that the #2 is the phenotype that compelled Bodhi to name this cross “Uplift.” The first hour is almost magical haha. I feel kind of stupid putting it like that, but it really is very, very good. It’s incredibly motivating, thought-provoking, “get up and get shit done”-type of weed.100% in the head and zero body. For the first hour, anyway. There’s no raciness whatsoever. Usually with weed like this, that sets my mind ablaze and makes me go,“Oh, shit, I need to do this right now. And this, too. And this and this and this!” there’s a sort of heart-pounding aspect that I don’t like at all. But there really is zero “body” to this. I actually realized after smoking this one multiple times that most of the time, when people say “body high,” they mean that sort of narcotic, couch-lock shit. But I think “body high” could also apply to that “heart-pounding” side-effect shit that I really don’t like. The Uplift #2 is not like that at all. It’s extremely comfortable.

The first time I smoked this one, a few days ago, I kept thinking,”This is an ‘impatient’ high…” It’s kind of like, I can’t get things done quick enough. And I can’t do enough shit at once. But that implies that it’s speedy, which it isn’t. It’s not a “speedy” high at all. It’s speedy, but it’s not “speedy.” I know that doesn’t make any sense, but it’s the best way I can put it. It’s comfortably motivating, I guess is the best way I can put it.

I should also mention that it doesn’t matter what time of day I smoke it, it’s still gonna get me to do a bunch of shit. I did three bong rips of it last night and the night before, too, right before I got in the shower and started getting ready for bed, just to see what it’d be like if I smoked some when I was tired. I was not tired after smoking this haha. Seriously, I smoked some and then turned on the shower and started brushing my teeth and then realized,“Oh, wait, I should do this. And that, too. And also that.” I don’t even remember what it was I needed to do, but I went and did it and then got into something else and finally realized,“Dude, the shower’s been running for fifteen minutes. Get in there!”

So it’s kind of a scatter-brained high, for the first hour or hour-and-a-half. Focus is definitely lacking. The second half of the high is more relaxing, although it isn’t a heavy comedown or anything. And again, “scatter-brained high” implies something sort of negative to me, which is not my intention. It’s scatter-brained, but I’m okay with that haha. It’s like, things I’d ordinarily find annoying, like a lack of focus etc, don’t bother me. It’s fun. Maybe that’s the best way to put it.

Anyway, this is really, really good weed. A+++ weed. Some of you may have seen that dude, I can’t remember his name, in that Bodhi thread he asked me what I thought of the Uplift. He also mentioned that he didn’t think it was anything special. I’m gonna have to whole-heartedly disagree. I love this one. I really do think it’s special. If I can find a seed bank that takes cards and that has this in stock, I’m gonna order another pack of it, just so I have it haha!! The #2 and #3, while different, are both keepers in my book. Too bad I didn’t keep them haha!! I’m looking forward to trying the #1 and the #4, too. Good shit.

12 Likes

Forgot to mention, this one yielded decent, not great. The Uplifts #1-#3 yielded mid-60’s, while the #4 blew them away and yielded almost 90 grams. But I think that has to do more with me than with the plants. I’m gonna do something a little different for the current grow, when I transplant them into their flowering containers, and see if I can’t up my yields a little bit.

8 Likes

Great write up as always! This part made me laugh, cause I love herb like that. It’s almost like it turns on my ADHD or something, but not in a scatterbrained type of way, more of just a motivational and inspirational kind of way, one that makes me excited to do projects I forgot about or have novel ideas that I need to make happen right in the instant. Definitely had the shower run cold cuz I got side tracked, haha!

Are you starting a new thread for your Mexican Death Sativas? I saw a dude on RIU doing an open pollination with them, if you haven’t scoped it yet, it’s under the Bodhi thread over there.

8 Likes

Yes. This. Haha! That’s what it’s like. Where I’m just like,”Oh, man, I need to do this right NOW.” Even if I was just about to get into the shower haha. “Shower can wait. Let the water run. Right now I have to put the dishes away. Then I have to deal with the seedlings. And then write some notes about the way this weed smokes. And then I should floss. And I have a melody in my head that I need to work out on the piano and the guitar. The shower’s running!! Get in there!” haha. Kinda like that. But mellow? Haha…

Yeah, I’m gonna start one, but not for a little bit. I wanna get the plants sexed before I start posting, just because I didn’t like the way this one turned out, with “Soar” in the title, even though none of those Soars got flowered out. There’s also been some issues. Or AN issue. I planted five each of the Black Triangle, Chem Fuego, Mexican Death Sativa and three of nube’s Pura Vida f2’s on May 1. All five of the Death Sativas sprouted, but two of the Black Triangles didn’t sprout and one each of the CF and PV. So I planted replacement seeds for all of those six days ago. The Pura Vida and one of the Black Triangles sprouted, but the sixth Chem Fuego seed and the BT didn’t sprout.

So now I’m thinking maybe it’s fate or something haha. Fuck the Black Triangle and the fifth Chem Fuego. If they don’t wanna grow, they don’t wanna grow. Anyway, I’m gonna plant two of Doc D’s The White x Dragon Energy to fill the last two spots, either later today or maybe tomorrow. They’ll be two weeks behind, but whatever. I’m super-curious about that The White cross of Doc’s, so…

Thanks for the heads-up on that RIU thread. I’ll check it out. I’m definitely excited about those Death Sativas.

10 Likes

Here’s a few pics of the Uplift #4, flash and no-flash:

Smell: Really good. It’s musty for sure, which kind of implies something “bad,” but it isn’t bad. It’s like a musty/lemon cleaner/rye bread smell. It’s delicious-smelling. I don’t think I would’ve even picked up on the “rye bread” or realized what it was that I was smelling except I bought a loaf of rye a couple days ago and have been making sandwiches for lunch every day for the past few days haha. But yeah, it smells really good.

Flavor: nonexistent. It’s fucking bizarre, because it smells so good. And the exhaled smoke also smells really, really good. Very sweet/skunky/pine-y/marshmallow-y. If I was standing down-wind from somebody smoking this, I’d definitely notice it and be intrigued and probably ask them what it is that they were smoking. But yeah, it doesn’t taste like anything at all. I get just the slightest bit of “sweet” a couple minutes after smoking it, but that’s it. Ordinarily, I’d think there was something wrong with my taste buds or something, but I gave some of the #4 (and everything else from this harvest) to a friend of mine who’s opinion I trust completely and he mentioned the same lack of flavor. Unprompted, too. He texted me yesterday to let me know he was trying the #4 and mentioned the absence of any kind of flavor. And I was like,“Okay, good, so it’s not just me.”

High: Very good. Excellent, really. Very cerebral. All four of the Uplifts have an extremely cerebral effect. My mind gets going in all sorts of directions and I can’t stop thinking about things I wanna do, write, start, finish etc etc. The #4 definitely has a more noticeable “body” element to it, more than the #2 and #3 (I’ve only blazed the #1 once so far, so I won’t comment on that one yet). I feel it in my legs and shoulders, especially. I sleep really well when I smoke it before bed, too. But it’s not a knockout, couch lock-type of high. It’s relaxing, there are noticeable physical elements to the high of the #4, but it isn’t debilitating or anything.

For some reason, I’ve been watching “Repo Man” the past few nights when I get in bed. I mean, it’s one of my all-time favorite movies, so I say,“For some reason…” but the reason is, I love that movie. Anyway, I’ve also been smoking the #4 before I get in bed and turn on that movie and I just have so many thoughts haha. The first time I saw that movie, I was twelve years old and I only just now realized how much that flick informed my world-view. Probably not the best thing for a twelve year old kid to be watching every weekend for months (me and my mom would go to the video store every Friday night and I rented it repeatedly; she never questioned it or thought it was weird that I would want to rent it over and over again; she was the one who rented it for us for the first time, actually, which just goes to show what a kick-ass mom she was), but yeah, watching it the past few nights after blazing the Uplift #4 has been sort of a revelation haha!

It’s excellent weed, no doubt about it. It’s just got that sort of soaring, thought-provoking, “profound” kind of high to it that I love. Very creative and just a kind of “everything I think of is a good idea”-type of high haha! I’m still really surprised that that guy on the Bodhi thread mentioned that he didn’t think the Uplift he grew was anything special. I think it’s very special and is easily in the running for one of my favorite Bodhi crosses ever. That friend of mine who I mentioned earlier, the guy I always give nugs to to hear his opinion, has been raving about all of the Uplifts, too. And he’s a “multiple times a day” smoker (or “vaper” actually; he likes those balloons and shit haha). So it’s not just me. It’s great weed for sure.

21 Likes

@zephyr Youre a “movie guy.” What do you think of “Repo Man”? I fucking love that movie. The Uplift #4 has just totally elevated my appreciation of it haha. And I loved it already…

7 Likes

So, just a quick little update on the Uplift #2: that friend on mine who I mentioned, the dude who I always give nugs to to cross-reference opinions, fucking LOVES it. He actually came by today and I gave him more of it, which is not something he usually ever does. The only other time he’s asked me for more of anything was the Big Sur Nigerian x NL2 of Bodhi’s that I tested a few years back (and that was, admittedly, very good). And the only reason he did that was because his dad really liked it and it helped him with his sort of “old person” aches and pains. So I gave him like two jars of that. Always happy to help an old guy out haha. We’ll all be there one day, if we’re lucky…

Anyway, yeah, the Uplift seems to be a big winner. I’ve been texting back and forth with my friend, kind of like,”Holy shit, is it just me, or is this weed really fucking good?” We both agree it’s some of the best shit I’ve ever grown. I need to grab another pack or two of it while it’s still around…

I’ll review the other two Uplifts and everything else at some point. It’s just really hard to get into anything else. I’ll be blazing the #2 or the #3 or the #4 or whatever and be like,”I SHOULD try some of the other stuff, but I don’t wanna quit smoking this one…” haha!

11 Likes

yeah mean gene has a mean meme game but i have yet to jump into a 300 dollar pack lol but if his plants are as good as the memes perhaps its worth it lol

7 Likes

I got both packs of the Skycuddler on sale from Speakeasy. I think one of them I got on Black Friday and then decided to get a backup pack on 4/20. Fifty percent off. Which is still a lot of money for a pack of seeds.

8 Likes

yeah with having that pure kush on both sides its bound to put out some powerhouse indicas

5 Likes

Have you ever checked out higherthought.guru? He’s definitely my favorite weed reviewer. Anyway, he’s grown a few of mean gene’s crosses and always raves about them. I’m super-stoked to get some in the dirt. Kind of sucks that I can only do three grows a year and won’t be able to start them until September 1…

6 Likes

Hell yeah, “Repo Man” is one of my favorite movies. I even have the criterion edition haha. I need to watch this again.

and because I saw another post from you today-

Shit, man, I miss liner notes…

check out my booklet

I actually wrote a college paper on repo man (and other movies involving cars) about how cars are used as a characterization device that can tell us everything we need to know about a character with no expositional dialog.

the music in Repo Man is also excellent. The Plugz kick ass, they played all the instrumentals and the songs in spanish. I really like their album “better luck.”

8 Likes

That uplift sounds like an awesome strain. Great job with the description, that sounds just like the OG’s I used to get in the bay area until around 2012. Right down to getting completely engrossed and lost in a good movie.

That’s the kind of bud I have been missing, I might have to order a pack of those.

7 Likes

That’s pretty fucking bad-ass. Wha’d you do, add illustrations as well? “Screw that. I ain’t gonna be no repo man…” haha. I think the idea of cars as a characterization device is definitely a good one. Although, again, it makes me think of another “Repo Man” quote: “The more you drive, the less intelligent you are.” haha!

I just got the Criterion edition of “Sid and Nancy,” another Alex Cox movie and another childhood favorite. My girl had never seen it, so we watched it the other night. Afterwards, she said,”I feel dirty.” haha!

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s really good weed for sure. It actually kind of reminds me of the Skywalker OG I used to get from a buddy’s dispensary in Echo Park like twelve years ago. “Uplift” is definitely an appropriate name for it. I’ve been blazing the #4 lately, gonna write the review of that one (thumbs up) and the Purple NL2 (thumbs down) tomorrow.

Edit: sorry, I meant the Uplift #1.

8 Likes

I resemble that remark! You’re a righteous brother indeed.

Blessings…:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Okay, so here’s the Purple NL2 report.

Looks:

The nugs are actually pretty sponge-y and much less dense than I thought they’d be. They’re not airy, but kind of? I mean, they’re not even close to being as airy and light as the Midas from this grow or the Moonshine Haze from last grow, but I wouldn’t say they’re dense at all. Or even close to dense.

Smell: During the grow, this one really smelled identical to a grape soda, right down to the effervescent, “bubbly” sensation you get in your nose when you take a sip of a freshly-poured soda. As it’s cured, it’s become much more of a softer kinda grape bubblegum smell. Not quite as intense as an actual piece of gum, but it’s close. There’s also some kind of “exotic” smell that I get from it, like faraway lands or something. Not incense and not spice, just “exotic.” Little bit of typical “purple weed,” too, that floral sorta smell that isn’t lavender, but flowery nonetheless. It smells good.

Flavor: kind of like a chalky Sweet Tart. Like a really old Sweet Tart that you found in the bottom of your mom’s purse or something. But not as sweet and not as tart haha. I even get a sort of chalky sensation in my mouth, like I just ate the Sweet Tart that I found in the bottom of a purse. There’s also a noticeable earthy thing going on (although that’s likely from my soil mix, as it always imparts an earthy flavor to everything I grow). It tastes pretty good, but not nearly as good as the way it smells.

High: I tried this one for the first time a while back, I dunno how long after I jarred her up. Maybe a month? Anyway, it seemed pretty weak. Took me four bong rips to really feel anything at all, which is twice my usual “bong rip dose.” Even after four rips, it didn’t really get me high per se. I felt it, it was pleasant, but it seemed like a strain that, no matter how much you smoked, it just wasn’t ever gonna get you really baked.

Fast-forward a couple weeks and the strength has changed for sure, as has the high. I smoked this one a couple nights in a row last week after not having smoked any for a few weeks and each time it only took me two bong rips to get pretty baked. Still not as baked as two bong rips of anything else from this grow, but definitely higher than even four rips were getting me a couple weeks prior.

Having said that, the high is really, really unpleasant. I don’t like it at all. To illustrate: the first time I smoked this last week, I had been looking at Dodgers tickets online earlier in the day, wanted to get a few for my girl and me and my friend Natalie. Totally stoked about going to a game. I couldn’t decide which game I wanted to go to, though, and decided I’d get tickets later. Anyway, later that evening, I did a couple bong rips of this and got in the shower and started thinking, like,“I dunno. Can I even HANDLE going to a Dodgers game? It’s been so long since I’ve been in a crowd, maybe I’m gonna freak out. I don’t think I should get tickets…” like that. For like 45 minutes or an hour. And I mean, gimme a fucking break! Of COURSE I wanna go to a Dodgers game. I’ve been waiting like a year-and-a-half to go to a fucking Dodgers game.

Subsequent samples of this weed have been the same way. I get really kind of… I don’t wanna say paranoid, but maybe. Kind of “unsure” of myself, for lack of a better word. It doesn’t make me feel good at all. I’m aware of my heart beating, which isn’t unusual when I smoke weed, but most of the time, the weed puts my head in a place where I’m like,“Dude, your heart’s just beating, it’s fine.” The Purple NL2, though, makes me worry that I’m on the verge of a panic attack and I almost have to sit there and convince myself,“You’re not having a panic attack, it’s just the weed…” I don’t like it at all.

Having said that, I’ve given this to a few people and they like it. In fact, my friend Erica said it’s her favorite from this grow. So there’s that. And after the first 45 minutes or so, it does get more relaxing and everything is fine. But I reeeealllyyyy don’t like the come-up of this one. At all. I actually doubt that I’ll smoke any more of the multiple jars I have left. Probably just end up giving it all away.

Yields were decent, though haha. 74 grams, which puts her in third, after the Midas and the Uplift #4. She was kind of a bitch to trim, too. You can tell just by the amount of leaf on the nugs in those pics haha.

Anyway, yeah, not real pleased with the Purple NL2, for sure.

12 Likes

And here’s the Uplift #1.

Looks:

Lots of smaller OG-type nugs for sure. But they look good. I had a hard time getting pictures of these this morning for some reason (you should see the no-flash pics, they’re a disaster haha), but the flowers are frosty for sure. Just like the other three Uplifts.

Smell: musty and paint thinner. Really, that’s all I’m getting from this one. Smells good, just not a super-complex smell.

Flavor: nonexistent. Again. I started getting like,“Dude, why the fuck does this weed not taste like anything?!?” Then I remembered the drying mishap, when it got super-humid in the drying area and I had to take the plants out and almost “quick dry” them. I have to believe that’s the reason. Because the Uplift #3 (which I’ll review soon) tastes fucking amazing. That was the one that got chopped a couple days earlier than the rest of the Uplifts and got a proper dry. So, yeah, I fucked up for sure haha. Really wish they would have gotten dried right.

High: So good. One fat bong rip of the #1 is perfect for a wake and bake. Like the other Uplifts, it really gets my mind going in a positive and motivated (albeit slightly scatterbrained) kind of way. Makes me want to do things with a smile on my face, for sure.

Two bong rips is still motivating and gets the creative juices flowing, but there’s definitely a noticeable body element to it, too, kind of like the #4. But it’s still functional. I don’t know that I’d do two bong rips for a wake and bake, but I’m a weed lightweight. I’m sure most people could do two and it’d affect them the way one does me.

Three bong rips and I’m losing the desire to do much. My mind is still active and positive and I don’t wanna say I get lazy. Because I don’t. It’s just more of a “I’d rather just chill in the backyard and read” kind of high. Still good. And there’s not really a heavy comedown or anything, unless I smoke this before I start getting ready for bed. After about an hour-and-a-half, I’ll start dozing off, but that probably has more to do with the fact that it’s the end of the day and I’m lying in bed haha. I haven’t noticed myself getting sleepy after smoking this one at any other time of the day.

Anyway, yeah, this one’s a winner. Great weed, like the other three Uplifts. I know I keep saying this, but I need to grab another pack of these ASAP.

13 Likes

Try a 16% thc green strains Afghans that treat PTSD stress, those other genetics seem cerebral and if you dont go into it clear and pre planned itll blow your high. No doubt no fear just ride it out.

I barely smoke only for angure and focus on tasks treatments.