Kingmambo’s COVID Potpourri

This is my first grow log. I will try to emulate all these great grow logs by all you wonderful people.

This grow is a bit seat o’ the pants. We have a planned move to the Mitten soon and much of my stuff is in storage. Not like I’m gonna pause growing though! With our move delayed by the pandemic I decided to mix things up and grow some different things together.

So here’s what we have: 11 plants total.

• Blue Dream (4)
  • Blue Cookies (3)
  • Purple Kush (1)
  • Panama Red x Pineapple Thai (2)
  • (Afghan Kush x Black Pearl) x Pineapple Thai (1)

The first three are from CaliBest420 (Mark) on Strainly. The bottom two are courtesy of our own @Instg8ter.

Note that two of the plants are smaller. These were started at the same time but required five additional days to pop after lactobacillus treatment. Also note some leaves have been cut following a feline attack.

Medium - soil
Nutrients - Roots Organics
Light - 1000w LED
Start (into soil) - 10/11/20
Currently - Day V9

Two Panamas

Blue Dreams

![image|375x500]
(upload://igxMVrR7A13P1pQUMo26QgcYZRk.jpeg)

Blue Cookies

![image|375x500]

(upload://2UD9QXqkbxcnWf1NzBYnhPSwaNI.jpeg)

Purple Kush

(AKxBP)xPT

Thanks for checking it out!

31 Likes

Most will be transplanted into 3 or 5 gallon grow bags in the next couple days.

7 Likes

Looking good brother, looking forward to seeing how the Pineapple Thai effected the females. Growing it from seed now and it most vigorous of all my Thais, and starting to look heavy Sativa…
:metal::sunglasses:

5 Likes

All the ones with PT shot up vertically very quickly and spindly but soon bulked up to being strong. The Panama Red are without question the most vigorous. :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

Grabbing a seat to watch this.

4 Likes

Excellent choices, and excellent looking plants man.
:guitar:

2 Likes

It’s going to be a juggling act with different timing for veg and flower but that’s kinda the fun part for me.

That’s what I say now. Wait until one of them is in the 12th week of flower. I may change my tune.

2 Likes

Oh Yeah! This looks like fun!
I’ll pull up a chair for this show. :+1: :sunglasses:

I see kitty likes the ‘Blues’ (Blue Dream and Blue Cookies) :laughing:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Kitty came home with my son from university. Kitty no respect the ganja. Kitty one mistake away from big trouble. Kitty needs to go back to university. Big yellow dog no like kitty.

4 Likes

Sounds familiar, my son has two ‘not far from feral’ rescues that leave a trail of chaos in their wakes when they visit… :laughing:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Awesome mix going. Interesting to see how lanky the blue cookies are. I also have some seeds from Mark, blue cookies and purple kush included. Haven’t grown any yet, so I’ll be tagging along to watch!
Oh, besides the repellents sold at pet stores, you can water down some hot sauce and spray your plant leaves so the kitty won’t like it.

3 Likes

I’ll be following this one along.

Looks like a nice start you got there. Interesting selection too.
Kitty needs to keep it’s paws away from where they don’t belong :rofl:
I just got me a 2nd dog. (There’s a topic on it here somewhere)

I love mixing different plants every few grows too. Great to see how they act differently. Teaches you a lot imo. Plus it’s fun in the tasting-couch when having a variety to choose from

3 Likes

That variety is my biggest goal for the next year. My wife and I have strains we both like so it only makes sense to build up a good reserve of those strains.

I think (hope?) I’m done with the kitty issue though it appears my threats of caticide have fallen on deaf ears. When I’m in the grow room she comes in and sits like a little cat statue; staring at me constantly. The other day I’m pretty sure I heard her murmuring “RED RUM” over and over.

A few are stretchy but the rest of them are like little bushes with very little internodal space. In particular, the two Panama Red x Pineapple Thai from @Instg8ter will need to be height managed.

I’m also very keen to see the differences in how they grow side by side.

5 Likes

I just this morning noticed one of the Blue Dreams is Tri-leaved, with three leaves/branches at each node. Each level up is rotated 60 degrees.

None of the other three Blue Dreams has this. The plant looks very healthy and happy.

I remember seeing this a long time ago but not since.

10 Likes

Today was up-pot day. Well, it was for six of them. Confident I had waaayyyy more soil than I needed, I soon realized I was wrong. @Queenmambo is out getting the stuff to cook up more.

The ones that did get larger homes all looked great; with good roots and healthy vegetation. Once they settle, I’m confident they will grow quickly.

I never realized growing numerous strains would be this much fun. It’s very cool to watch the different strains leapfrog each other.

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

20 Likes

Day V20

Up-potted the other half today, with the exception of two laggards. All of them are looking vigorous and healthy.

I gave them a foliar spray of Dr Zymes last night. Saw a couple gnats before so I’ll need to keep an eye on them

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure I will rue my decision to run a mix. Likely will need to do some juggling for the flip.

These two plants are courtesy of @Instg8ter They are both Panama Red x Pineapple Thai. They were both very aggressive vertically from seedlings. They also had length between nodes. Interestingly, the nodes have tightened up a lot. I topped them at the 6th node last week. Both are acting like they got shock treatment. Very bushy growth since topping and growing quickly. They look lollipopped but it just that early stretch.

16 Likes

Blue Dreams

12 Likes

Blue Cookies

10 Likes

Very Nice, I’m seeing the Thai x effect on those early thick leaves and it’s showing the Panama Growth (7’ indoors). I’m liking it…I e been digging on some Blue Lights From @Tappy lately, densest buds I’ve seen in a long while and that great sour blueberry and gas taste.
:metal::sunglasses:

7 Likes