Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP)

That’s a sexy fade! :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Absolutely beautiful :star_struck:

6 Likes

Looking great @Stickyjones! Mine have a very similar look. The buds kind of look a bit fluffy, or dready more like, but give them a squeeze and they are solid as a rock. Mine are shaping up to be great producers. Staring to weigh and sag the branches even at this stage.

Here they are at day 44F for #1 and #2, and 31F for #3. I left for about a week vacation and the automatic water system did great. They really bulked up and threw a lot of color between then and now.

GROUP SHOT:

24 Likes

Damn, those are looking great! Their structure reminds me of kodama. Cant wait to see how they smoke.

7 Likes

Thanks! How are the smells on yours? How much longer you think you’ll go?

I am beyond stoked for these. The smells are evolving and I find it hard to describe, but a very sweet tropical fruit candy smell is best I can come up with. Absolutely mouth watering. And they seemed to be finishing much quicker than I expected.

I felt the need for a comparison shot to show size and perhaps color correction. You can probably see that these are going to be great yeilders. The calyxes get real fat and plump unseeded, and the seeded bracts blow up comically large. I did F2 spots on each plant just for safe keeping because I didn’t take any clones.

This is the big girl in the back. Her sisters have equally fat nugs, just not nearly as massive as big sis here. The #3 girl was vegged 2 full weeks longer and is still half the size.

25 Likes

Now I’m craving a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Too bad its 10AM

10 Likes

Im getting the same type of smells, tropical fruit and sweet candy. Im thinking another week or two and shell be good. I always plan for 10 weeks cause i like growing a variety and thats a pretty good middle ground. Yours are looking like theyll yield better than mine, i been dabbling in water only soil and fed her pretty lite.

10 Likes

This girl is packing on the weight and the smells are out of this world. Its like a funk smell then super lemony then tropical fruit and then sour dankness , its incredible how it has evolved.

23 Likes

Man those are beautiful flowers and that description is right up my alley.

5 Likes

This is the time of my grows when I have to fight the urge to post constant pics. They’re just so pretty. The buds are getting extremely dense. No give at all when you squeeze them. I’m a bit worried about mold because only at week 7 and I assume at least a couple more to go. Otherwise very healthy and smelling like fruity pebbles and tropical fruits. My snipping hand is getting anxious. I’ll probably cut an early test nug soon.

28 Likes

Great looking girls, beautiful leaf fade on pics 1 and 2.

4 Likes

What @Sincy said! Really beautiful in that picture with the white coating of frost and the fade on the leaves. Sounds like a very intriguing smell. Excited to hear how she ends up smoking for you :slight_smile:

Nice job

9 Likes

Those are looking great. Seems like a pretty sweet cross. Cant wait to see how it smokes.

5 Likes

Whoops! These branches broke off between my scissors! Guess I’ll just dry them and see how they smoke.

Day 52F, looks like maybe a 9/10 week finisher. Quicker than I expected.

23 Likes

Here’s a quick group shot update at day 54F and finishing fast! The F2 seeds I made are already ripe. Buds are starting to dread, or foxtail, especially noticeable on the shorter #2. You can see #3 in the back is starting to bulk and will very much resemble her younger sister #2. Big girl #1 is changing colors and shedding fan leaves like crazy now. Some leaves below are not even that yellow and she’s tossing them off anyway. Smells are steady with tropical fruits, coconut, sweets. Almost overpowering now when I open the tent.

21 Likes

8 weeks today! I’ll give them to week 9 and start chopping some of the mature top buds. The early tester buds are smoking great (almost gone already). I’m not going to bother reviewing early harvested quick dried buds though, heh.

I tried to show the buds dreading in these pics. The smaller pheno #2 has it most clearly. It also has buds that are easily 2X denser than the big pheno #1. I’ve never grown a Bodhi hashplant cross that had such big buds, and I’ve grown at least 6 or 7 crosses of it now. All the 3 girls have such dense buds. There is no give when you take a squeeze.

Lower branches are flopping all over the place and I’m just wrapping wires ad hoc to get me through the finish line.

#2:

#1:

22 Likes

Looks like a great run is coming to a close. :fireworks: Those definitely are not dominated by the HP daddy, and I love the foxy tails. I’m sure they’re going to turn out firm and knobby, not floppy and withering like some sativa foxtails.

Oddly, they look a lot like the four phenos of Black Triangle a friend grew and I reviewed over at the Bodhi Plant and seed guide thread.

Although it’s not a proper review, I’m curious to read whatever you care to tell us about flavor and effects from the early sample. It’ll be neat to hear how the bud changes over time based on its harvest timeframe and cure.

12 Likes

Yes, they’ll definitely be firm and knobby tails. I’m almost imagining being able to take one of these “calyx strips” and just lay one right down in a paper and roll er up, haha!

So the smoke surprisingly tasted a lot like they smelled, tropical fruits/coconut (within the veil of smoke). A little bit of fuel in the taste as well which I wasn’t really getting in the smell. I could even smoke them to ashes where I’d normally chuck the blackened nug because it’s too harsh. These had a surprisingly soft finish. The shorter #2 bud was much more potent and caused me a bit a raciness. Hopefully that will be tamed with age. The taller #1 smoked about the same just a bit more mellow of a high, less pronounced taste in the smoke as well. The effects of both plants lasted a good while and left me feeling upbeat and productive. No heavy feeling during or afterwards.

And that Black Triangle review is very interesting. I ran BT and didn’t have any with those pronounced tails. But yes, those buds do very much resemble these.

11 Likes

Coming up on 9 weeks tomorrow.

Much to my surprise the big plant #1 is finishing before the smaller #2. I’m going to start harvesting #1 in pieces starting soon. I’ll make sure to take some full plant pics before I do. I’ll give #2 another week (10 total) and see what’s up then.

That #1 is something special. I’ve never grown such a large, vigorous, sativa-ish plant that finished so quickly. I was thinking I could take this cut and veg it about a month longer and just flower the 1 plant in the entire 4x4 under a scrog. With proper nutrition it could really be beastly.

And I thought I’d give a little update on plant #3 in the back. She’s 2 weeks behind and chugging along nicely.

#1 lower nug

26 Likes

Great grow @schmarmpit!!
Your girls are great and their colors are marvelous
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

5 Likes