BOG First OG Journal

30 Likes

Started WW, Blueberry, NL autos first, dec1? Started BOG Sweet Cindy and Lifesaver right behind them, popping up dec5?

Culled some. As I seen fit. Also planted 2 LSD Auto freebies.

13 Likes

18 Likes

@Badger @corey I have nothing new to add to the living soil mixes. Here is my compost pile. I’m merely following everyone before me. Years and years of reading. I’ve bookmarked tons of post from several people on here.

25 Likes

I add rabbit gold in my living soil. It’s great stuff. There are haters though.

6 Likes

Nice photo strains also!

3 Likes

We bought them for the “kids” a day or two before Christmas. We like to smoke doobies down in the barn when kids are around and we need a break. Fun to watch.

Yes will be great for the pile.

The two females were knocked up first night. Gotta separate them soon.

4 Likes

You see the smaller GWS is flowering? Started all plants on 24/0, set up timer to 18/6 to get some stretch and give them a rest. BUT light never came on and I didn’t catch it for 2 days lol. Fuck it. So once light timer was straightened out auto soon after started showing signs of flowering. And the GWS did too several days later.

These are under LED I don’t think GWS will stop flowering. So I hit it and LSD auto with STS on Jan 2.

5 Likes

Is that great white shark? Maybe not. I had a bad incident with clones last summer and trying to re veg. They got mites in the middle of the whole thing, and ended up dying in the end. It was a great welcome back to growing. :grin:

Lifesaver, yummy…

5 Likes

Yes, got 3 freebies and germed 2.

4 Likes

Hey man! Next time you add water to that compost pile consider using a compost tea to boost bacteria growth. Looking good!

3 Likes

Also add a few buckets of wood ash for potassium and a couple small bags of lime. You can get a pH reader on amazon for 5 bucks

4 Likes

Def will, def didn’t get it hot enough before the cold. I and some compost starter granules, blood and bone meal, and chicken shit currently. I needed a better guess as to how how many cubic feet it is.

I have I linked bookmarked to an all about teas page I need to read through. I wanted about 3 of these piles but may settle for 2 lol

4 Likes

I probably added 4-6 handfuls of lime.
The peat was kind of a bitch to water in. I have heard the peat will turn more acidic over time without buffering it. Thank Corey

4 Likes

You could add the blood meal and chicken poop to the compost tea and dissolve it before mixing it in

4 Likes

No prob man. I wouldn’t add more then a 1/3 peat. I would say one part peat two part compost. Don’t forget your wood ash. Oak wood ash is 3 times more potent then regular run of the mill stuff. You might want to add more lime. Definitely get a pH tester

4 Likes

I get another pile going in next 2 weeks and keep a better record of mixing it. Have you used any organic silica, in sect frauds, or Katanga meal in your outdoor grow?

4 Likes

I have a blue lab. The pile really just got it’s first turn Jan 1. I’ll give it a better of time and test some run off.

Really glad I have a early start to this years outdoor. I’ve never started inside and moved to outside. Always wanted too. Should be a blast and a lot of hard work.

I won’t be carrying any 5 gallon buckets this year. I’ll be as close to water as possible. I scoping out guerilla grow spots while driving. Been doing that since high school, whether I was growing that year or not, fun to imagine the plot scenarios.

5 Likes

Security is huge. I never added silica, but prolly wouldnt hurt to add some with your compost teas every couple of f weeks. Let me dig through my notes and I’ll et back in a few hours bud

3 Likes

I’ve never used karanja meal or insect frass. I use crab meal instead of insect frass, simply because it’s from coots mix, the first recipe I started using. I’m probably gonna grab some bio live. It looks like a great, balanced ammendment.

I started making some cal mag a couple days ago. Chickens are great for organic growing.

7 Likes