BOG Sweet and Sour Cindy preservation co-op run completed

Yeah that’s right. Both of you!
There must be something in the water. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I agree. I would have preferred a few more females but 3 good sized plants will more than accomplish the goal. Wish we had a testing place here like in the USA. Perhaps we do and I don’t know of it. Would be great to be able to sex the seedlings. I could have dropped more had I known. Still, going to be good although collecting pollen from 9 males is going to take some work, lol. Wonder if I will beat my 1/4 lb record from the Sour Bubble :thinking:

17 Likes

I was curious so I googled it.

2 Likes

Thanks @chronix. Neither list their prices but I will check them out in the future and see if it’s worth the cost. If they are reasonable it would be really cool.

4 Likes

I know it’s bro science, but ya every tried this or recording any findings?

5 Likes

There’s a thread here @LzBoy , but as you said: bro science.

5 Likes

Yeah, just wondering if Doug had a look at em before germination.
I tried to do this with my WMBK. Finger crossed I’ll have a good report.

1 Like

9 males I got $20 on yes!

4 Likes

Question about the pollen. Do you save it per plant, or mix it all together at the end?

2 Likes

wow being away for the weekend! amazing what the plants can do in a coulple of days!

looking great as always Doug!

2 Likes

I don’t think Doug will have the luxury of keeping 9 males separate from cross contamination… I know I won’t with the Yogi run but if Doug knows a way I wanna know it too!

:rofl: :+1:

8 Likes

I’ve never messed with pollen, so I was just curious lol. I figured there would probably be some mixing around :joy:

3 Likes

Oh there’s no choice with that unless you separate the plants before they drop.

I need to rewire my circulation fans so I can turn then all off from the outside of my tent while leaving on my exhaust fans.

This should make it that I have constant negative pressure pulling air into the tent and directly outside so any pollen that does get airborne goes outside via the venting and not out the opened tent door.

@DougDawson do you do this? or just run with whatever happens?

2 Likes

I think that’s what I was asking, but words are hard sometimes :joy:

3 Likes

these are good odds for seed making.
27 individual combinations and loads of pollen to share and store. an even split would give 36 so you’re not too far off.

3 Likes

What are the odds! Must be in the air or something this year! Oh well , Doug I wanna see a pic of elf on the shelf skiing down a mountain of pollen with a fatty in his mouth for Christmas…. :wink:

Oh the memes I can make :thinking:

3 Likes

Gives a whole new meaning to “yellow snow”.

2 Likes

Haha no doubt @Smooth

There is no way for me to separate the pollen without building 9 new rooms onto my house, lol.

5 Likes

You got this! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes