BOG Sweet and Sour Cindy preservation co-op run completed

LOL, I could ask my wife but I don’t want her in there with that cloud. Let me see what I can do for you.

2 Likes

If it’s difficult don’t worry about it! I just thought it would make for a cool picture

2 Likes

They all look fine… experience is it.

Another more question Doug, have you ever got the pollen that is in the leafs become umm… as if it has some mold or changing in color to dark?
I have high rH and some leaf is covered with a thick layer of pollen (I collect directly from the flowers all days, electric toothbrush style), and I see that. I was cutting that leafs and improved a little the ventilation, but it is very humid here right not.
My biggest fear is that it ends in mold and fuck the seeds…

3 Likes

I have not seen pollen get moldy. What I have seen is collected pollen, that was in a bowl to thick to properly dry, turns more of an orange color and forms into a solid mass. How high is your humidity?

4 Likes

This days was about >95%… now is a windy and sunny day… and I have all open to drop down… about 85%

Yes that happens with the one I take from flowers and leave to dry in silica.

But the leafs that was totally covered have a ummm… not good looking. I will try to get a picture if there is some still…

Edit: this is:

And another:

Well, anyway today arrived the dehumidifier… So I hope that it drops a little the rH…

13 Likes

correct conclusions!
pollen is really the first to be taken by mold, as well as fallen flowers.

5 Likes

Looking absolutely 100 in here mate :ok_hand: Hope you don’t get allergies from pollen :wink:

3 Likes

Ouch, I would be watching all the buds closely man. I would be really worried about moldy buds with that RH. That would also wreck that pollen, you are a few % off of it raining in there. Hopefully you got a powerful enough dehumidifier.

7 Likes

Yes the pollen is giving an extra spot for the moisture to retain and mold spores to start, you can spray them with h2o2 and water it’ll help to at least keep it at bay. 85-95% is crazy the plants won’t even be able to transpire

3 Likes

The last winter had no problems with mold and the rH was the same. But things can change.
For now all seem pretty good. The mold was only where tons of pollen were dropped. I was cutting that leafs to prevent.
All the females flowered previously with this enviroment, so at least I can say that they are mold resistant :rofl:
In the summer, with temps around 40⁰C and rH never dropped below 55%… Galicia is different

1 Like

Damn dude, you sure there’s no mold at those RH levels?

3 Likes

I had fans on all day and night I suppose the continous air movement helps…

1 Like

Definitely need fans going 24/7 and definitely remove all the affected leaves at least

2 Likes

Yes, I am removing them. I think that the pollen got little molded on the leafs for the transpiration.
I only see that where the bunch of pollen dropped , the females that are not just below the male are perfect, and the tent at the right, with almost the same humidity is perfect.
I open all days almost all day, and it helps that are some windy days.

Anyway, I am watching closely to take measures just in case.

Sorry for hijacking Doug.

15 Likes

This and venting outdoors.

Recycled air = death in my experience but once I vented outdoors = no more problems!

This is because I can’t set-up without venting outdoors in my house without problems and am very jelly of those that can run without needing to vent outdoors :rofl: .

7 Likes

Ditto. This is huge and people don’t take it seriously at first.

2 Likes

Example this is Jew Gold 1974 done in RDWC with little effort put in to dealing with any problems because there were none due to the set-up and outdoor venting:

It’s heavy as it’s hydro but no signs of any issues.

Last time I did RDWC without venting it was a fuck load of PM and heartache.

:v:

19 Likes

They are in a vented roof. There is always air exchange. And all days open the roof windows and the tents almost all day.
Today arrived the dehumidifier, so tomorrow will see.

I will feel very angry if this fucked the seeds so near to the end…

2 Likes

No worries, I am surprised the walls are not dripping wet with that high humidity. I like to flower below 50% so it freaks me out to read those numbers, lol.

Not exactly the case for me. My basement tent vents into the basement but no bid deal, RH is 24% in my basement now and it’s a large room. In my grow room I vent my 2x4 into the room but vent my 5x5 out the window so it works out ok.

6 Likes

I had so many issues but also had higher RH

1 Like