BOG's 15/7 for HIGHER FEMALE RATIO in Regular Seeds

Still up for debate IMO. Many higher creatures sex is determined by environment after conception. I wouldn’t say bro-science…Bog was concerned with breeding plant environment to influence the # of female seeds. There is no bro science behind keeping plants healthy=better reproduction rates. Manipulating things to favour female seed production is just next step growin.

This comes up often and if there was a magic bullet we would all be talking about it except for @EugeneDebs420 because he’s a contrarian.

2 Likes

75% female progeny comes from breeding with hairy dudes.

“What you found hermies in my shit?!”
“It never happens”
“You probably went abruptly to 12/12, yeh, that’s no good”

:grin:
Aw BOG :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thats where the study was coming from but it wasn’t prooving similar enough results at the time to confirm it’s absolutly true.

My understanding is also the study may not have been done long enough for the study to proove at the time of the initial info release.

1 Like

I’m a hairy dude and this is 100% true

1 Like

Looking at my family tree, I can confirm this to be 100% true :+1::sweat_smile:

Lemme see if I can find the exchange between GMT and Tom Hill about this… both of whom live on a healthy diet composed exclusively of white papers and weed :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:wink: I swear it was bog who introduced the concept of a alternate light cycle. I remember reading alot on this circa 2010. Back in the good 'ol days when subcool was around to chat…I got a real kick out of chatting with him the few times we did over on RIU (I think that was the site). Good times! :grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

I get higher female percentage by playing anything with Sly and Robbie, and chanting….
Hare Krishna Krishna Hare, Hare Rama Rama Hare, etcetera….

Just kidding!!! I seem to get 60/40 female/male with no special tricks…I don’t believe in the seed shape BS!!!

“when I contradict myself I am telling the truth”

4 Likes

X to autosome vs active Y

The only way I could see light schedule or environment affecting sex is if those degraded Y are expressed differently under certain circumstances :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

OR

By starting with populations prone to degenerating Y and imposing a new parameter to prove it can affect sex ratios, light schedule for exemple, doesn’t validate anything… ratios would of been the same anyway…

Bog claimed many times that multiple of his lines were 70% female…

:wink:

1 Like