Bokashi Composting & Organic Soil - I have questions

There are more ppl then brandon rust to watch on future cannabis. He is just the bokashi guy.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy for sharing will take a peek for sure!

1 Like

It’s a 2+ hr conversion. Brandon rust is extremely smart I think the company he owns is bokashi earth works. Pretty sure that the name of it

1 Like

Not a problem here ! Lol this kind of material really holds my attention well thanks for the link!

1 Like

Lots of videos on future cannabis project about living soil, compost, and the soil web in general.

3 Likes

I highly recommend FCP for invaluable info from leaders in the game like Jeff Lowenfels, Kevin Jodrey, Breeder Steve, Mean Gean, Coots, Brandon Rust etc etc
And I agree reading TWM is a must :v:t4:

3 Likes

Subbed up now enjoying the content!

1 Like

There is plenty to keep you entertained for months!!!

1 Like

Nice I’m always looking for new content can’t wait to dig into it!

1 Like

Anyone got some tips for setting up a bokashi bin? I really like that you can get phosphorus without mining phosphate rock.

1 Like

Basically take two 5 Gallon buckets and drill a bunch of holes in the bottom of one of them. Not too large, maybe like the diameter of a drinking straw. Take the bucket with holes in it and nest it into the other 5 gal bucket. Buy yourself a “Gamma Seal” lid, you can find them at some grow shops or you’ll pay a bit more for one online. Affix the gamma seal lid to the bucket with the holes. It should be sitting on top and inside of the second bucket. You need to layer the food waste and bokashi bran like a lasagna until the bucket is full. Press the food down firmly. You can really fill it with a lot of scraps. You can either fill it over time making sure you seal the gamma lid each time so no air gets in and continually sprinkle bokashi bran on each layer of food you toss in OR you can collect a large bag of food scraps and preserve it in the freezer until you’re ready to fill the bucket up all at once. If you do the latter, just make sure you layer the food scraps with bokashi bran in increments.

Leave it sealed for at least a month. Do not open the gamma seal. Pry apart the buckets every few days and drain the water that gets collected in the second bucket. This an annoying task because it stinks and the buckets are really hard to get apart but you’ll figure it out.

After 4 weeks you need to bury it in the ground or in some soil in a pot or somewhere you want to plant and leave it for another month or so depending on the temperature. The warmer the better.

If you want me to send you the PDF of the book I can just HMU!

1 Like

I would appreciate that a lot thanks!