BOO (Bag Of Oranges) reproduction

Going to take some cuts in the next few days hopefully , clean up the lowers and any useless half dead leaves left over from the “struggles” and thrips give them one more IPM spray, water, dusting and then break out the STS that was graciously donated by my good friend @blowdout2269 its gonna start to get fun in here real soon !

30 Likes

Its going to be a a very Useful year, from the look of your girls.
Things are progressing beautifully :heart_eyes:
Much respect, for you putting in the time and work in , to do this Repro run.

Keep " Walking the Walk", my friend.
I gotta believe great things are coming your way.

12 Likes

Thank you brother! Appreciate you very much! And it’s definitely gonna be a Useful year in 2024!

Pics and update coming tomorrow, it’s almost spray time! @Trial-N-Error much respect :facepunch:t2:

17 Likes

I’m happy to hear you are gonna be making fem seeds. That’s awesome

7 Likes

Few pics of the ladies before I moved them to their new home….

47 Likes

And a whole bunch of individual plant shots while I was moving them over, have been dealing with thrips in the other tent that escaped quarantine and I’m hoping this last spray got em as I’m all out of one and done officially for the time being…. Some gorgeous plants in here. 3-4 I’m very partial too. Waiting to ensure the little bastards are gone before I take cuts and start spraying. Thought they were gone already but found a few while moving the ladies I promptly sprayed. I removed all the lower leaf matter as well while spraying and scoping and spreading them out. :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

55 Likes

Finally!..some pics, lol. :yum:

You can beat them thrips bud. Though annoying, quite easily mitigated. But you know this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Got the nematodes working overtime but the little pricks on the leaves are the tough ones to crush with so many plants. That JPS stuff crushed the other stuff I was using before but I only had 1 gallon and a bit so I literally used every last bit until just air came out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I didn’t get to really crush everything this time so I’m just hopin and prayin :pray:t3:

9 Likes

Do you use Mosquito Bits or Diatomaceous Earth also?

3 Likes

Yes diatomaceous earth, not the dunks cuz I use nematodes for the coco. Melted my little blower thing I had given to me so I need to get a new one cuz using stupid sieves does not work nearly as well

6 Likes

Am I reading correctly the BOO is going to be fem?! Haven’t been reading closely enough I guess. So rare to see that here. Love it.

3 Likes

Would’ve been tough to make regs from all fem seeds.

4 Likes

Yezzir @Redrum92 and you are right it is, but that’s how they were originally released so it’s gotta go down that way😉

9 Likes

Haha my thought as well when reading that! :smile:

4 Likes

Somewhat on topic here, but I’ve just had a thought about reversals, fem seeds and regs etc.

When a plant is selfed, and produces feminised seeds, roughly 1/300-400 will express as a male. While still being genetically female, it’ll have male parts.
Does anyone know if that plant was to be flowered out, would it produce reg pollen like a male, or fem pollen?

Once I get a question in my head, I just need to find the answer or it’ll bug me forever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :rofl:

:v:

9 Likes

Yes, if you find a true male in a pack of fems, and it isn’t sterile, it’ll produce regular (m/f) offspring

11 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures
Interesting, and Thank you! I can sleep now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s how we make this a reg line then!

:v:

7 Likes

Nice update!

1 Like

Beautiful.
I am also having a problem with Thrips.
Its the first time, I’ve had to deal with any pests. I had some Murphys oil soap, that I’ve been misting the plants with., but I don’t think thats enough. Money’s been tight but thats about to change. What would you recommend to Eradicate the little Bastards? I tried researching, but I just get directed to bug sprays on sale. Gets frustrating.

4 Likes
5 Likes