Boxes of Chocolates

can sort by trust level too or flag even

2 Likes

Given some of the parents, it’s possible. But it’s really just a reference to Forrest Gump.

Think of it more like a chef preparing the same ingredient in six different ways. All of the fathers in the mix are purebred Kashmir, so you get to see a sampling of the dominant traits, across a spectrum of different situations. By keeping track of the common traits among the seeds in this mix pack, and comparing it to the traits of the pure line, you can get some idea of what’s dominant and what’s recessive.

Then, by passing out the genes to a large number of people I can get vastly more information about how the line reacts in different hybrids and environments, than I could ever find alone. Sort of an extension of the Kashmir Crowdsource Testing thread.

12 Likes

interesting. I have fathered across 3 strains with the ssdd males f3 on this last round. Had not thought of it in this way but pretty much the same thing but I don’t get all the help. On the signup I’ll sit this one out then.

If you did decide to make a box that had chocolate phenos in it maybe that might be worth what he is asking…and maybe that is what this fellow is claiming? wtf $420 the price is even a joke. He’s just throwing it out there to see what fool he can part from his money.

Nice strains in the list otoh I only am missing the azad and db x hippy slayer of having them all already and that sounds awful racy for my old arse :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms im unclear, will these just be a pack of random seeds together or are they separated out based on their parentage. No wrong answer here just curious since I couldn’t quite figure it from reading the top post or the Strainly description.

1 Like

My bad, I’m terrible with my words. Let me try again.

The Forrest Gump quote is – verbatim.
’Life is like a Box of Chocolates. You never know what you’re gunna get.'

7 Likes

Nice. I think I got you now :grin:

2 Likes

Actual quote from the book: “Being an idiot is no box of chocolates.”

3 Likes

If you order from him, he’ll send you the seeds he got from me. I wouldn’t mind as much if he at least got the lineage right. lol

Serious question, tho. Have you never had a box of chocolates before? :joy: Tell me you’re not diabetic, I’ll buy you one, right now. :rofl:
A box of chocolates you buy in a store is an assorted pack. Sometimes they come with a paper that tells you what’s what, but that’s not standard.
But that’s what the Forrest Gump quote is about. Letting go of our need to control every little aspect of our lives, and embracing the uncertainty.
As @oleskool830 would say. Onward Thru The Fog!

The original reason for this giveaway is to clear out the rest of the 2020 Box of Chocolates, before the ‘21 Chocolates are ready. There’s a Chocolate Rain x Kashmir F1 that a friend is running for me. The Chocolate Rain from E$kobar was best known for its’ chocolate-raspberry pheno. The Kashmir tends to be more on the mint-chocolate, and chocolate-oranges side. Might be exactly what you’re looking for @Herbie

15 Likes

For those who are uninformed about the chocolates key they put in there to tell you exactly what youre gonna get . . .

3 Likes

I just take a bite and if it’s one don’t like I put it back :wink:

Who needs to know? Lol

8 Likes

Of course I have. But there wasn’t any vanilla frosting or wedding cake in the box, it was all chocolates! :rofl: The place is nuts enough for the lot of us and here we abide. There could well be a nougat of note in that chocolate rain but I was eyeing some chocolope thread atm :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Make a poll for country, would keep everything neatly organized. Great idea.

4 Likes

Let us know when that’s ready. Sounds like a delish combo.

6 Likes

I finally got around to it. Yeah I had an idea but was stealing time at work at that moment lol

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that there were chocolate nuances in the Kashmir. I finally have some CR thanks to a good friend. And the CR x Jalisco or vis versa.

I’m supposed to be getting some Choc Rain x Amnesia but I still haven’t gotten a confirmation of my payment… to Europe… in cash. I have a terrible track record with Europe. I hope I get them.

So, AK is the dad for all of the seeds. Do you give a name to the others? Just curious. It will be good to see the traits across different strains. I was thinking about it today.

8 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity @Worcestershire_Farms I’ve had a change of plans and decided to pass on this offer.

4 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms

Are these the same packs you’re selling on strainly only cheaper here? 48 seeds per pack for $20?

2 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms is a man of his word we all squared up and let’s just say will be watching my mailbox like a hawk

Thanks again bro

2 Likes

Lol. The listing on Strainly is a dozen packs that I had not intended to sell, each containing 52 seeds. I just can’t turn down a good competition. :beers: So I put them up at about $2/seed compared to other dudes $21/seed.

The OG giveaway is just one pack per person.

14 Likes

Yeah, dude, I just chopped the mom the other day and she’s got an awesome mint chocolate smell right now. Sometimes it comes off as a pine sol and engine exhaust, and sometimes chocolate oranges and and pink lemonade. My previous harvests of her the funk faded away leaving bubblegum behind. I fricken love her, so much. :joy:

I’m dying to get a cut of the mom in the hands of someone who can run her to her full potential. That’s really why I’m trying to lock her down in seed form — so it’s easier for her to traverse the globe.

18 Likes