Brain Teasing, Insight, and Enlightment Here Just For You!

I have decided to once again write of those things secret, hidden, and unknown. Once upon a time back in the, “old days”, of Overgrow I had written of such things and much has happened in the approximately 20 years since.

My main reason for writing this is to help those and instill interest in those that may find some solace in viewing/searching/learning ways to increase their awareness and abilities though meditation or/and even initial concepts that can become the first step towards change in your neural-pathways and even your whole physiology.

At some point later in this thread this also will be enormous aid for some with regard to wellness through a more holistic approach to health with an emphasis on dealing with pain and healing.

I will touch upon many subjects including Astronomy, Physics, Extraterrestrials, Astral projection, Meditation, Ghosts, Metaphysical happenings (should be fun…as my own happenings) and much more. This thread will be, “love”, based so please all you, “non-believers”, hold off on the criticism and try and keep an open mind. Who knows you may learn something!

I feel somewhat compelled to write this stuff (or I wouldn’t undertake this) as many years ago I did likewise on Overgrow and some of what was written wasn’t known at that time but is now. Some had even known some things of what I wrote were known by some but not the general public. How possibly could I have known such things?

One of the interesting things I wrote was that the universe is shaped like a disc. I actually have known and said this since high school. It is one small part of my, “view of the universe”, as written by me in the old Overgrow.

It wasn’t actually known until years after I wrote it when they got a fancy pants telescope up there. There were other things I wrote I really couldn’t and shouldn’t actually know. Some saw and knew this speculating on how and where I could possibly be getting this information.

Some of what I know and see with the universe has increased since the old days of Overgrow and so have some to add to what I wrote back then.

Not so long ago my brother (an Urologist) and his son (has Phd in astrophysics) and family came to visit and I was speaking with my nephew and telling him some stuff and he shouts out they just discovered that (can’t even remember what I told him) and so my brother comes over and asks what’s this? And my nephew said they just discovered what I told him. And I asked my nephew how could I know this stuff. And my brother asks my nephew how it is possible I could know something they just discovered. And my nephew told my brother it shouldn’t be possible as the discovery was so recent hadn’t even made print yet.

I have no formal education/training in astronomy or physics. But I see stuff! My mind works mainly in pictures with no internal dialogue most of the time. When I was a Shepard in Israel in the mountains above the, “Sea of Galilee”, a Buddhist monk came from an Ashram in the Himalayan to visit and said I was at the highest level (because I exist mostly with no thoughts…no internal dialogue) yet I told him there is a higher level than, “no-thoughts”, but he wasn’t aware of it. We will touch upon this here.

In this thread I will cover several techniques (and offshoots) for one to learn to shut off their internal dialogue and may actually be easier than the, “counting breaths”, of Chan Zen mediation.

Why would one want to, “shut off”, one’s internal dialogue? Just as the blind man can hear better than normal and the deaf man can see and feel better than normal, as when one sense is absent the others increase. The mind is basically made up of two parts. The “internal dialogue” (subconscious mind) and the 5 physical perceptual senses (conscious mind).

When one removes the internal dialogue then all the energy that went to that goes instead to the conscious mind (the five physical perceptual senses…hearing, tasting, seeing, touching, and smelling) and a sixth sense?

Yes, a sixth sense exists (and much more) if one wants to put it that way. All have potential access to this. Unfortunately few actually utilize the tremendous potential one can tap into and even fewer know how to retrieve this perception and river of knowledge.

If a person never used their right arm and grew up and by the time they were even a teenager they wouldn’t be able to even lift it. It would be atrophied. This is much the case with a, “sixth-sense”. Hard to use when never used it. When I say, “sixth-sense”, I actually envision much more than just an extra perceptual sense that can cross perceived boundaries of reality. This, “sixth-sense”, I envision is very much like a muscle in the way it will literally change one’s physiology over time.

Now, to get anyone who wants to follow along your first lesson:

“Be aware of your thoughts and the speed of your thoughts”

This is an important first step as many are unaware of their own thoughts and the speed of their thoughts. We were all taught when young to be quick in our thoughts, answers, and speech. Thought junkies on meth and mind racing obsessive, “stinking thinking”, like my wife ain’t cool. We become our own worst enemies quick with our own thinking!

The first step to utilize many of the available techniques to, “shut off”, those racing thoughts is to be aware of them. Then one can begin to slow down the thought process in preparation of it’s ceasing. Many may say, “I can’t do that”! And surely what you believe is true to you so you won’t be able too. However, believe it or not you can access control over any and every system, oragn, muscle, etc. in the human body. It is your mind and you can change it or adjust it or slow it down or even stop your thoughts.

But you gotta be aware of em first. Takes a little time to learn to look inside but serenity (and much more) awaits you.

edit: there will no real format for this thread as to timely responses (sorry) so may be back in hours or days. I loosely know where I am going with this and hope to eventually touch upon those areas mentioned above. Your patience is appreciated.

8 Likes

I like what you have so far!

Subbed.

4 Likes

Very interesting. Excited to read what else you have to say. Ill be patiently awaiting your return. :v:

4 Likes

Sitting in the shade feeling the breeze and enjoying your read…please post more!

4 Likes

Hell ya my man, you’ve got me on the edge of my seat, wanting to read more! :thumbsup:

(Borrowed this from @Jellypowered :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for your responses! Wow, this thread is at the right site!

Firstly, just to mention that all of the techniques we will discuss that may enable one to temporarily, “shut off”, the internal thought process are borrowed (mainly from Yoga, and Zen). I have combined some for myself when I first started that I found easier and worked better for me.

There are a multitude of ways and even ways to use nature that can aid one in, “turning off”, the internal dialogue. We will discuss some fun ones here.

Also, should mention that when one does actually, “shut off”, the internal dialogue that it does not become a permanent condition unless you want it to. That is to say one can begin thinking at any time. Also, some will experience an actual immediate physiological sensation (especially when utilizing nature as an aid…we will discuss why later) so don’t be afraid or startled if you feel a sensation like a waterfall rushing though your body. Just go with it…it is a natural process for some!

Once one gains some ground in this it will almost double with each try over time until it happens naturally. So, can shut off for 1 min. Next session should easily be able to do 2 min and so on. I encourage those to experiment with a variety of techniques or/and a combination of techniques to find that which works best for you.

Now, before the next step in our journey of discovery I just wanted to mention a few more added benefits to having the ability to, “shut off”, one’s internal dialogue beyond just the increased perceptual senses (and ability to exercise a possible sixth sense).

As I mentioned above, “we are our own worst enemies when it comes to our own thinking”. Think about it…(pun intended) most stress comes out of our own thinking process. And most of that thinking (stress) has to do with what we didn’t do or what we think we need to do.

So most stress comes out of the, “past” and, “future”. We deal with what is directly in front of us but we worry about the, “past”, and “future”.

Richard Alpert (changed name to Ram Dass) was Tim Leary’s co-Harvard psychology professor in the early days of LSD experimentation (one of many discoveries found allowed terminal cancer patients to be lucid (and happy) in spite of heavy does of morphine) wrote a book, “Be Here Now”. Wonderful book.

Main point is, “be here now always”! Catch yourself thinking about the future (when dealing with something stressful) and likewise for reflecting back to the past (when done in a stressful fashion).

We can’t change the past and all our obsessive thinking likely ain’t gonna change the future so why not, “Be Here Now”!?

The here/now is the least stressful place to be and it is the position of greatest perceptual awareness (hard to be aware of surroundings when caught up in deep thought). It is also the best position/place to be for, “no thoughts” (which may be why so many nature-aids work so well).

But most importantly it is the position one must be in to receive what I call, “incoming” (to be discussed more in depth later).

As, a quick aside; dancing will force one to, “be here now”. The Sufi (whirling dervish) among many tribal peoples in South America, Africa, and the Native Americans know this and that this is a, “send-off”, position for many altered states and heightened reality.

So if ever can’t get something off your mind and is bugging you then jump up and do a little dance (will force you to,“be here now”). Been using this one myself for over 30 years and usually end up laughing so hard at myself (even dancing out in middle of wilderness by myself…lol) that I always end up feeling better.

So, what’s next?

The concept of, “be here now”, will further aid you in putting yourself in position for, “ceasing thoughts”. Earlier we had you, “be aware of your thoughts and the speed of your thoughts”.

The interesting thing about, “speed of thoughts”, is that it matches to some extent the speed of your speech. Now in different parts of (my country America) and other parts of world people speak at different rates of speed. Here in Southwest where I live people in general speak slower than someone from Newark (had nice Italian girlfriend from Newark once).

Same goes for other parts of the world so some will wrestle with this more than others.

So what I want you to try now that you have focused on the, “speed of your thoughts”, is begin to exercise the ability to temporarily slow down your thought process. This will put you in the best position then to begin some of the actual techniques.

There is a metaphor I have used for many years that may give you a visual aid (unfortunately mostly only old farts will get this); back in the day of phonographs there were three speeds (78, 45, 33). 78 rpm speed would make a 45 rpm record sound funny and fast and 33 would be slow and funny. Imagine your thoughts are at 78 and switch em down to 45. Then switch em down to 33.

Maybe a modern day analogy would be difference in first microchip compared to modern. What one also can do is kinda speak in a, “slow motion play voice”, in your head. It’s ok if you find yourself laughing at yourself (I do it all the time…great fun).

Much of what we will do here will involve visualization and cannot express enough to you the importance of visualization in this entire process which brings me to a major important visualization that can have tremendous health benefits over time.

Whenever you breath in visualize white/yellow healing light going into your lungs and when you exhale visualize exhaust/bad stuff leaving the body.

So, the breathing light visualization coupled with literal slowing down the thoughts (even if just for a moment).

Next time…actual time tested techniques!

4 Likes

“Peace and Love”, what dwells within thee?

This would be a good time before we jump in to discuss the door you are about to open. This door cannot be closed once it is opened. The techniques (mostly combinations of many techniques) are real and can and will not only change your life but literally begin to change your actual physiology (and more than just new neural pathways in the brain). You can see like an eagle and smell like a bear and feel like a jellyfish and much more. This is in essence the evolutionary progression of mankind as a species.

We will progress rapidly from, “shutting off”, the internal dialogue to being a receptor to, “incoming”. I will write a technique that will force an, “astral projection”, through a natural process for those brave enough. You can tap into unknown/undiscovered energies here all around you. This stuff is real and once you enter…there is no turning back. You can’t undue self-awareness. You will however be accountable for what you receive (too whom much is given…much is expected).

There even is actual real danger for those who delve deep enough. There are more than a few cases for example in Yoga when what is called, “Kundalini”, raises too quickly through the crown chakra causing madness, blindness, or even death. The same can (and has) occurred within, “Practical Kabbalah”.

We won’t get quite that heavy into ancient formulas and techniques because much of what you will be able do with what I relay to you is make your own techniques as believe it or not we getting down to the basics baby!

Now, one of the most important aspects of this entire thread.

But first did you know that the 1st step towards change starts with an, “idea”, or “concept”. And that a simple idea/concept when, “new”, to you will build, “new”, neural pathways to begin, “new”, activity in that part of the brain. For example above when mentioned about visualizing inhaling healing light (the important part…exhale negligible) this doesn’t have to be continuous remembrance as the, “new”, idea has been planted. Just as important as the, “healing light”, is the focus on, “breath” (breathing).

We are, “breath”, and “water”!

Now, one of the most important aspects of this entire thread.

Where’s the door man?!?!?

No wait don’t leave…I mean the, “doorway”. But where is it? Where does all this, “stuff”, like a river flow through? Visions, and knowing, pre and retrocognition (distant past and future knowings, visions, etc.), connection to oneness of the universe, communication with undiscovered life forms, communication with plants and animals, etc. and on and on.

Here is your doorway. First, shout at yourself real loud, “too yourself in your head”. Hear that? You did!

You heard yourself raise your own voice, “in your head” (just like you hear yourself talking in your head all the time). How did you think you heard that?

I call that our, “inner ear” as very much like an ear, “as we use it to listen to ourselves talk to ourselves inside our head”. This, “inner ear”, is actually much much more than just a backstop to rebound our thoughts but most don’t know it as anything different than how it is presently used.

When one embarks on the journey of, “inner silence”, then this, “inner ear” becomes a, “doorway”. It is as simple as that!

Which is why I love Zen so much. Simplicity!

I first sat Zazen in 1981. I was fortunate as weren’t enough students at graduate level to make a class (Philosophy dept. University of New Mexico) so opened it up (490 level). An ancient esteemed professor that spent most entire life at Ashram in Himalaya and had written books taught.

Funny aside; I took the class with a friend of mine and we had to answer a question for final exam (don’t even remember the question) but when they handed back the final exam my friend got her’s first and was a B- and was a 20 page paper (which is what most turned in…with title page, syllabus, etc.).

Then the student helper handing out the exams handed my," torn out of notebook paper", with couple of sentences on it (and an A+). My friend was actually mad. Then the professor asked for the notebook paper answer (guess mine was the only one) and helper got from me and professor wrote it on the board and announced, “there is no right or wrong answer but this one put’s it best”.

I had written, “Recognize the duality to see the one” “Transcend the one”.

Any of these positions will work fine for sitting Zazen.

I used several large thick books and then cross legs. Having done Hatha Yoga for many years (many years ago…great for limber for technical rock climbing…love “Shield”) it is definitely more comfortable and easier than sitting, “Lotus”, (if muscular) because the butt is raised. One should sit how one is most comfortable.

This takes some discipline with respect to for example, “not itching”! Also, you will need a quiet area for a period of time (nature noises fine and maybe better). I used to just place one hand inside the other…no specific way to do hands just be comfortable.

Basically, when in position begin counting your breaths.

Some do this indefinitely and some for years. We gonna try and speed things up a bit here though but first let’s look at some real benefits of, “counting your breaths”.

Of first and foremost importance here again is the focus on the, “breathing” (the, “breathing in healing light”, is Yoga). Focus upon breathing/breath and breathing itself is an easy system within our body to control. We can hold our breath and we can stretch out our breath.

An aside: When a metaphysical happening is about to happen…awareness of changes in breathing often are an early warning.

Most stress directly effects our breathing and even over time can cause one to breath less and not take many, “full breaths”. Take a good full breath right now. Feels good doesn’t it!

So, we have, “awareness of breaths/breathing while sitting Zazen” let’s take a look at counting those breaths. This may well in fact be a perfect precursor for some as allows one to focus only upon counting and breathing which is a close step to not thinking.

Problem is that it’s still counting. So we hear, “one”, “two”, “three”, and so on in our head. I was fortunate as I begin very young researching meditation etc. so by the time I reached college I was already proficient at it. So counting was kinda going backwards for me because I spent most of my time in, “no thoughts” already.

But what I did notice was one can, “listen to their breathing through the nose”, and if even for just a second it will work. If you devote all your concentration and focus to, firstly, “listening” and secondly, “breathing”, it will shut off your internal dialogue.

An aside: I noticed how Tai Chi was like a moving mediation and how focus and concentration upon, “firstly”, form, and “secondly”, movement also made the internal dialogue shut off.

How can you listen to your breathing? In Yoga there is a vehicle to transport oneself called, “Pranayama”. There is much info about, “Pranayama” out there and but basically cover one nostril with knuckle so finger turned away from head (never aim hands/fingers directly at head) and breath in a controlled fashion (sometimes rapid) through other nostril and likewise other nostril after a set of 10 or 20 etc.

Be careful with this as one can hyperventilate and also one can get dizzy etc. if done to fast. Many like myself can hear slight breathing noise just breathing through nose only. So instead of (or also in addition to counting) listen to your breathing.

What is interesting is once one realizes that if one, “splits”, their focus/concentration upon two things and fully focused upon just those two things (if one involves the human body in some way)…“the internal dialogue will shut off”!

So it appears that the question isn’t what does shut off the internal dialogue but what doesn’t.

Try walking will totally focused on walking and at the same time curling your fingertips. Try sitting, “in posture”, while looking askance at sunlight reflecting off the pond/creek/river/lake.

Almost anything in a posture that exerts force/resistance from posture is, “one”, focus so only need any number of things for a number, “two”, focus. An Om sound can be used as the, “two”.

So almost any two systems (especially involving human body/activity like breathing, walking, sitting in posture) splitting total focus/concentration between one of those and something outside the body like reflecting light on water, movement of tree tops in the wind, birds flying, some sound like music or other sound can and will shut off your internal dialogue.

The possibilities are endless in your own discovery of finding that balance and split between total concentration/focus on a posture/activity and breathing (or some other focus). The split between this focus will cause your internal dialogue to shut off. If one could hear the heartbeat that could easily be used.

When you find success take note and you will notice it coming easier to you over time. At the same time you will begin to notice an increase in your awareness and perceptual senses. Things you may not have noticed before but were right in front of you.

Be careful in your experimentation as that, “inner ear”, that is actually a, “doorway”, is also like a, “receiver” and can absorb as of yet undiscovered energies rapidly in some situations. Remember, this “doorway”, only appears like an ear for internal thought because mankind knows it as nothing different. This, “inner ear/doorway” is the muscle (sixth sense) not yet exercised/developed.

One example of an undiscovered energy that one can see and feel can be experienced while doing a gazing technique in posture at sunset. I have showed (and scared friends) out here in New Mexico desert (middle of no where). Can see nice vibrating bands along the horizon. This is the place of the, “rushing waterfall”, through the body.

An aside: This same friend and I were hiking out in the desert over kinda by Santa Rosa NM (my great great great grandfather buried there…probably knew Billy the Kid). And I saw these luminous bands (like lines) going across the desert floor and up a cliff (have seen em since I was a kid). And pointed it out to him and he turned and couldn’t see em.

So I told him to look at me (that would make the line perpendicular to him and at the far edge of his vision). He looked at me and I told him to now focus on the area at the edge of his eye but keep looking at me. He did and then saw it and I said turn now and you should still see it and he did. The edges of the eyes are more sensitive to picking up these things…at the far end of your peripheral vision.

He asked what it was and I said they are lines all around the earth and long ago in ancient times everyone could see em and they are called Ley lines. They built cities across Europe on Ley lines. Ancient peoples didn’t have iphones and so many bills and stuff to do and keep up with so all the mind racing clutter hadn’t bogged down their perceptual senses.

Much that what is perceived through, “normal”, perceptions is but a small part of all that is.

Even Plato in, “Book of the Republic” writes, “this world is a description we take for granted as being it and only it whereas there is much more beyond all this”.

So, try listening to breathing, counting breaths while sitting Zazen, gazing askance at sunset while in posture or gazing at light reflecting off ripples in water while in posture, walking while focusing on curling fingertips or a technique of your own creation utilizing breathing or/and posture with another focus.

Next, lucid dreaming techniques and the geography (and associated dangers) of the spiritual realm!

3 Likes

Tagging someone who needs this.
@TrevorLahey

Especially post 7.

4 Likes

One would have to seriously want to, “shut off”, one’s internal dialogue to read all of my last post. Funny many years ago when I left Overgrow (to travel the world) I announced prior to my leaving that I would be leaving Overgrow.

Many who had never responded throughout to my posts instead posted at the last thanking me for all the help I had given them. Was really nice as I saw views but little responses.

So I know there are those silent ones out there that keeps me keeping on!

We are about to get into some really wild and, “out-there”, kinda stuff so less techniques and more fun (and outrageous) personal stories that will in some way pave the way for others (lest they feel all alone in the world like I did most of my life…a freak of nature).

But much will be like a bunch of good ghost stories and ET stuff etc.

So techniques a bit dry but we will get them out of the way for more interesting stuff to follow.

1 Like

Most psychologists and sociologists would say that, “lucid dreaming”, is just dreaming. They would be wrong!

The best description of lucid dreaming I can give you is it’s like, “waking up in the dream” while dreaming. One has total conscious awareness that one is actually dreaming while dreaming. So you will know that you are asleep in bed and off in the dream at the same time.

You can move this way or that and move your arms and hands at will while in the dream. If any of you have flown in a dream then you are one step closer than most.

One reason I know that, “lucid dreaming”, isn’t just dreaming is because I have shared dreams with many people. That should not be possible. Even my main squeeze in high school asked me to take her home after I told here a dream I had with her in it. She had pushed up against the side of the door as if she was afraid of me and demanded I take her home.

At the time I couldn’t figure out what was going on until she explained she had the same dream (down to the minutest detail including a tornado like entity in the forested landscape).

It is impossible for her and I to share the same dream. It is not impossible for her and I to go to the same place. Yes, that world/dimension actually exists (along with many others we will discuss).

I first stood across the room from myself while sleeping in bed at age 7. My family had taken a trip to my uncle Floyd’s cabin deep in the woods by lake Superior. I used to sleep walk often (especially in a new or different bed) and found myself standing at the doorway.

I saw the moonlight illuminate a moose head above the door and wondered what I was doing out of bed. Had my hand on the doorjamb as I turned to go back to bed when I suddenly saw what I thought was someone sleeping in my bed. Then I saw it was my sleeping face in bed and in an instant I felt like I got pulled across the room and woke up looking back at the door where I knew I was just standing.

Since then I have stood beside myself sleeping in bed countless times.

Most, “out-of-the-body”, experiences are from those that are clinically dead on the operating table and are brought back. A show on AE called, “I survived beyond and back”, had many case studies with some interesting patterns/parallels arising. If you get a chance to watch reruns then watch that show.

One case had a Doctor from back east had a heart attack and wound up in the emergency room he is normally in charge of and witnessed his coworkers working on him (he was at ceiling level floating) and heard what they said and went on to have an excursion to another place from here and his experience caused him (an avowed atheist) to believe in a God and changed his life as now living devoted to a more spiritual life (something he would never even consider prior to his, “out-of-the-body”, experience.

I saw commercial a few days ago for, “Eckankar”, which has many techniques for astral projection (even tried some like 45 years ago). Not sure how they do it as bit too much of a rough ride for me (which makes me doubt anyone is doing it but maybe).

By, “rough ride”, they have techniques that will supposedly force an astral projection (out-of-the-body) during waking hours.

The technique I will give you will allow the separation to take place during sleep which believe it or not is a natural process. That is to say many all over the world astral project during their normal sleep and are never aware of it. In fact I suspect all experience this at some point in their lives.

But few (if any) are going through the, “astral projection”, process while awake because it is an extremely rough (and kinda terrifying (and I’m used to this stuff) ride.

There is a tremendous amount of energy (much like electricity) associated (and created by internal non-physical mechanism) inside the human body (to be discussed later). This internal mechanism will literally shock the body (like with jolts of electricity) when separating the, “spiritual essence”, from the physical body.

So while separating (going out-of-the-body) electrical shocks and jolts throughout. Very uncomfortable! Wouldn’t advise it. The technique here in this thread will be done during sleep (a natural process) with no jolts or shocks.

First though before we jump into, “astral projection”, let’s focus on something that is very fun (and also astral projection) “lucid dreaming”.

Now back in the day a guy by the name of, Carlos Castaneda wrote some books that actually centered around, “out-of-the-body” experiences. The books may be fiction but Carlos (an Anthropologist) did his research on Native American religion and specifically, “shamanism”.

One concept he put forth was, “looking for your hands”, in a dream. This works wonderfully! I have taught this to many over the years and is great starter for, “lucid dreaming”.

Most people while dreaming are like just a head moving through the scenes/dream. No body. Many also don’t dream in color and many don’t remember their dreams. That is about to change.

While dreaming remember to look for your hands! Sounds easier than it is but when you do finally see your hands in your dream you will like suddenly realize you are there in the dream and have hands and legs and can move and do how you wish.

Lucid dreaming is great fun (especially flying) so you don’t know what your missing until you try it. Now there are some aids one can use to help one see their hands in a dream. One technique that works very well I will give with the astral projection technique when I give that out.

But another technique that will help you see your hands in a dream are place a small candle on a table and place your hands on either side of the candle and stare at the candle while concentrating on your hands and repeat, “I want to see my hands while dreaming”. Repeat this over and over again. The subconscious is interesting in how it will respond to direct commands (especially obvious in hypnosis)

Can do this in sets or for whatever period of time you are comfortable with. Best to do this technique right before bedtime.

Next…More lucid dreaming and beginning Astral Projection.

1 Like

“I see dead people”

When I first started to, “get out”, of my body at age 7 I lived in a haunted 150 year old Dutch Colonial in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The ghosts would bug me when I was awake (turning lights on and off, typing on a typewriter, making noises, etc.) but when I was, “out-of-my-body”, they would hide from me like they were afraid of me.

An, “out-of-the-body”, spirit is basically the same as a ghost. So when one is traveling around (even in lucid dreaming) one will encounter, “dead people” (and even other dreamers).

Once when I was young I was having a, “lucid sex dream”. I told the girl my name and where I lived and that I was dreaming and asked for her name and where she lived and we could get together here on the planet. She would only just kinda smile at me a weird smile and wouldn’t give me any info.

When I woke up somehow I realized she had already passed. Yikes!

Not all spirits one can come in contact with are good or even nice. In fact some spirits have an agenda and work for even stronger entities (to be discussed later in ghosts section). I added this in here because if some have success at lucid dreaming (and seeing their hands while in a dream) they may come in contact with spirits/entities).

Most bad spirits/entities have only a few tools to deter you. Mainly, “illusion”, and, “fear”, are the weapons of bad/evil entities. When one know’s this then can diffuse these weapons by just knowing it’s all lies. All illusions just to make you afraid.

They feed on fear like a parasite feeds on blood. So don’t feed em. Know they can’t do anything to you and if presented with a terrifying illusion than know that it is false and an illusion/lie and then it won’t have any effect on you.

I used to bait evil entities with fear in my youth just so I could move them around. Probably don’t try this unless you have a very strong foundation and understanding of these things.

Anyway, they can’t hurt you (in astral/lucid dreaming state) but will likely try and make you think they can to get you afraid because that is their only real power for the average evil entity (there are some that can do much more but are rare and will discuss later). Interestingly, not so nice ghosts can have an effect on one physically through pinching, hitting, pushing (been pushed a few times…hate ghosts), even health, etc. but not in an astral state/lucid dreaming state.

Also, interestingly enough, bad or evil people won’t make any headway at all with, “lucid dreaming” or/and “astral projection”. The door ain’t open to bad people. Also, few know the incredible power that the human body/mind is capable of. Believe it or not, everyone has much greater capacity for telepathy, telekinesis, and even more that they just at this time do not yet realize.

So, when one realizes they have the power to, “move mountains”, yet realize don’t want to hurt anyone including plants and animals then you will be given that power. No bad or evil people will ever be given that power (except one in the future and only for a time).

So most of the doors opened for you here will only open to those that it is supposed to open to. As much as an evil person might want to have this awareness and ability it will escape them. Too much power to place in the hands of a bad/evil person.

I have dealt closely with 5 of 7 chief demons and find hilarious how on History channel, “Ancient Aliens”, those guys say ET is everything. No God or spirits…just ET’s.

I have had extensive experience with ET’s since a young boy (many close encounter of the 1st kind…some to be discussed later) and I’m here to tell you that ET’s work for a higher power. They aren’t the higher power…lol.

I can do things ET’s can’t do. I would like to take some of those, “Ancient Alien”, guys to a place where demons dwell and see for themselves that they ain’t ET’s.

And if spirits, entities, and demons exist than likely a, “Higher Power”, exists also (to be discussed later).

When I was young and found I could clear out a haunted house I was going to put an ad in New York Times and LA Times as a ghostbuster. There are actual houses that people buy that are so haunted they can’t even live there (those ancient alien guys should spend the night in one of those houses so they can see it ain’t all about ET’s). I could help them out by getting rid of the ghosts (by either connecting ghost with loved ones (usually mom) or if evil sending it somewhere).

Unfortunately, I can’t take money in exchange for my using my abilities. I can do it for free though.

Also, should add that my anonymity here allows me to write and express things to you that I can’t talk to my own closest friends or family about. So I can get all this stuff out there and some I know will help some in the future. Also, can’t help but think some will take some of what I write and take it to the next step/level and/or help them with their own concepts/research (like fuel for the intellectual fire).

Trying to make shorter posts as that monster, “shutting off internal dialogue” post at a glance looks like too much to bite off in one sitting.

Next…more on “lucid dreaming and Astral Projection”.

1 Like

“back in the saddle again”

Earlier I mentioned that only, “good guys”, can partake of, “lucid dreaming”, and “astral projection”. The reason I know this is because you will be tested (just as I was).

Once you realize you have, “hands”, in your dream that is when suddenly you realize your hands are connected to your arms and you have legs and your whole body is standing there aware that you are dreaming and asleep in bed.

You may be first tested by your own monstrous creations. Yes, fear especially can actually manifest itself into a monster of sorts to try and scare the wits out of you. Once you realize it is you making the entity it will disintegrate.

Also, because as already discussed any fearful apparition is using fear to control you and feeds off your fear but cannot hurt you in your, “dreamer”, state (interestingly spirits, ghosts, etc. can harm us in our physical state) then you know (knowing this) and should diffuse your fear.

You will be tested for a potential multitude of desires and wants. Pass the tests and you get to go further. Once you fail a test (right there in the middle of the lucid dream) your awareness that you are dreaming will be yanked from you. No longer will it be a, “lucid”, dream but instead just a regular dream (that you may or may not even remember). Lucid dreaming you will always remember as it is more real than reality here.

We are tested nearly daily in life. Just failed one myself recently when I let an automatic checkout give me back an extra $20 (all the rational doesn’t make it my money). I even know that stuff comes back around and still did it. Stupid of me because I know better and the instant reward will not equal my test failure or/and return (just got a speeding ticket coming back into town few days ago and I like never speed so one of few times…$87.00).

Everything is connected! A chemist and an astrophysicist can tell you we share common elements with everything around us including each other. We are star seed! All living organisms are one being. All human species are one being. We are all one.

We spend a lifetime through societal conditioning learning how to be unconnected with everything natural around us (including each other). When you communicate with plants you communicate with yourself. When you communicate with others you are actually communicating with yourself because you are also a part of and inside of every living thing on this planet. So when you do something against another then you actually do this against yourself.

Makes you feel right at home here but this shared, “oneness”, you have with all living things here in part extends beyond this planet/level/universe also (too be discussed later).

So, watch for tests (both in life and in lucid dreaming and let’s all pass those tests so we may advance). Wave and smile next time that person pulls out in front of you instead of flipping them the bird (you gonna feel better also).

Now a fun aside: Always loved Mandalas (gaze at while listening to breathing) and notice similarities between Mandalas and Native American sand painting, pottery, and basket design (pic of two baskets on my wall).

Edit: something you can do with these pics above is focus on the gaps in the vibration. If you look askance (don’t stare directly at but slightly to the side while focusing on the mandala) or just gaze and you can pick up a faint/slight vibration…when you focus on the vibration (strobe like effect) it will increase in visibilty…then look for the gaps in the strobe…you may get a waterfall through your body sensation!

Also, with regard to, “listening to breathing”, you can visualize your breathing (healing light) and even imagine a sound for your breathing while listening (remember total concentration/focus split between, “listening”, and “breathing”, (specifically listening to your breathing) will silence your thoughts.

Next…more lucid dreaming, astral projection, plus remote viewing and getting into stuff.

And i will challenge any beliefs you have with my own, i pledge never to get mad, and to accept my mistakes. Reciprocity from everyone on the subject is needed, no getting angry over here because we are discussing a thesis that doesn’t comply with our won.

I believe you have much to teach, and a million times as much to learn. We all do.

An Urologist and an Astrophysicist together… Brings a totally different meaning to the term “Black Hole”

Lighten up ok, it was a little joke. LOL

I would never do that, i rather be chained and hungry than renounce to what makes me.

I will have trouble with this, as my mind betrays me a lot… Hope to be able to learn how to divide that!

I have been trying to meditate and bring inner peace, so far the only thing that accomplishes that, are my kids.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Amazing one man!

I think i will love this thread, if i get out of line in here, smack me in the head, i will humbly thank you for it.

Sci :robot:

1 Like

Cool…Welcome aboard @MadScientist

For some reason (not sure why) I got to thinking about skeptics (not saying you are a skeptic MadScientist). The range of skeptics is broad. Some only believe in this or that but not the other. Some don’t believe in anything beyond what they can see with their own eyes. Some can even see something with their own eyes yet still not believe.

My dad for example while taking our family on vacation when kids was driving late at night while we all slept in the, “station wagon”. Next day he confessed a light had been following us (next to us) just off the road and it wasn’t an airplane or helicopter and made no noise.

To this day (and since then) he doesn’t believe in UFO’s or ET’s! I have taken friends over the years and shown them stuff and some yet still cannot admit the reality of what they have witnessed.

So kinda strange how even a metaphysical experience (and witness) to actual things beyond the current understanding of this world still will not break through some who are convinced that nothing exists beyond what science has discovered or what they can see with their own eyes (and even then sometimes doesn’t work).

The technique I will give you for astral projection will work! So try it and see for yourself because I’m not interested in debating the reality of what I put forth in this thread (that is pointless). For those that are skeptics maybe look at this thread as a buffet and take want you want and leave the rest.

It’s strange but I am compelled (somewhat reluctantly so) to get this stuff out there. Once I get all this stuff out then I can end this thread and be about my business. Back in the old days of, “Overgrow”, when I did similar thread it was a battle with skeptics/trolls etc. all the way through. Not going through that here (don’t have the desire or time).

Not gonna debate semantics, or read posted links, and debate the reality of what is discussed here. This thread is mainly for those who already believe in Ghost’s, ET’s, and supernatural phenomenon, etc… If you don’t believe in that stuff then why would you even read this far into this thread (unless you have a problem with those that do).

My whole family has always had a problem with all my metaphysical happenings (think mainly they afraid) but they actually have an agenda against this type of stuff. So we don’t talk about it (so why would I want to here with skeptics?).

I don’t and won’t…got better things to do. It’s all right if one thinks, “I’m full of crap”. I’m used to it!

An interesting point here though: As you believe it…it is for you! Why do you think cemeteries are full of ghosts (and they are believe me actually they everywhere around us all the time). It’s because they so strongly believed that there is nothing beyond life (and so for them there isn’t…kinda dumb isn’t it). Concerning some things when one believes something strong enough then for them it becomes true.

Dumb like an Atheist! Gee, can’t prove God doesn’t exist can you! You can’t prove He does exist but you can’t prove he doesn’t. Wouldn’t an open mind then be the logical conclusion. But since you can’t prove He doesn’t exist then…WTF???

Seems only logical approach then to assume the position of an agnostic. You know…like maybe so or maybe no…but I don’t know (I do know). Why would one close the door of possibilities when you can’t prove God doesn’t exist. Some have an agenda!

They don’t even want you to consider the possibility of anything beyond this world and beyond what they can see and experience (which is dumb and closed minded). I’m not gonna deal with those that have an agenda against these sorts of possibilities because it is pointless. If one who is a skeptic and thinks this thread is, “a bunch of crap”, that’s fine and of course free to post but in advance just a warning I’m not gonna respond to those that have this, “skeptic agenda”.

I am surprisingly close to walking away from this thread anyway. Just wanna get some stuff out there man (must be some reason). Looked for journal…thought there was a journal section that would be just my writings but couldn’t find it so here I am in chat.

@MadScientist this isn’t directed at you (unless you are a skeptic with an agenda) and that’s OK if you are a skeptic (I still love you) but if you are (and have an agenda against this kind of stuff (many do) then I’m not gonna get bogged down in the minutiae of debating the reality of ghost’s, ET’s, etc. I don’t have time.

2 Likes

Pilots in WWII called them “bogeys” they have been around forever!

It is easier to settle for what already has been established, than to have to use our minds in a rational way.

I love the thread, please don’t take it the wrong way, to me all of these things exist, ghosts or demons do not scare me, but God knows aliens do…

Learning to have out of body experiences is a dream of mine, and maybe i will learn to do it…

Thanks @bezalom!

1 Like

Wonderful!

Also called Foo-fighters (also fav band of mine) which likely were St Elmos fire.

Spent almost a year living in wilderness (Sierra Nevada about 4 months…some good stories) and Gila wilderness and month by Cloudcroft NM and 4 months Shepard in Israel (almost wilderness) and saw strange lights nightly and have seen many types of lights…not ball lightning (too be discussed later).

1 Like

this is an interesting thread, thank you for sharing. although I do think there are some ideas here that are not beneficial or necessarily healthy (no skepticism, just a balanced and open minded view), this is really interesting.
In balance, Isaac Newton was a guy just like you who felt that he had an innate understanding of how things worked, and wrote down what he felt and observed. over time, many of these observations and theories were proven to be true, while others were not. I’d bet the ideas you have proposed that have been confirmed by science is a similar situation, I’ve even had this happen a few times. I love science but I tend to embrace my intuitive understanding of how things work, and more often than not it’s right.

2 Likes

On the subject of lucid dreaming, I used to have lucid dreams regularly when I was a kid, and in high school I had a period of slightly over a month when I only had fully lucid dreams where I was in total control of my actions and the dream itself including the environment it was located in. As time went on, I more and more frequently was aware that I was dreaming, but less able (or possibly less inclined) to influence them.
Now I am almost always aware that I am dreaming, but that is the extent of it. I don’t have any control other than being able to go back to sleep into the same dream, and being able to consciously analyze the images, people, and landscapes that I am seeing. What I have found is that for the most part, my dreams are effectively composites of different places and people, creating what appears to be a unique landscape or new person, but isn’t. I think my ability to recognize this comes from the fact that I have a photographic memory. It’s very different and interesting when I have a dream that in a place I’ve never been before, with no elements from my life.

1 Like

I’m smoking some really trippy landrace hybrids, finding this thread was good timing haha. I’m always down to get trippy. I like the stream of consciousness format of your posts, it makes them fun to read.

2 Likes

It’s not surprising you had lucid dreaming regularly as a kid and in high school. When we are younger (and much older/elderly) these kinds of experiences are more common and frequent for everyone.

Something about life itself takes us away from ourselves through middle age most likely due to the hustle and bustle (and weight of responsibility) of work, bills, even family and kids and so much more.

When we are young (and very old) we no longer have the weight of these all-consuming responsibilities that take up much of our time (and thinking) which can directly effect our abilities with regard to awareness.

As for your lucid dreaming being aware yet not having control to move about at will may be directly related to seeing your hands (or not seeing your hands). Because without hands (and body) you are just a head moving through the dream thus limiting your control.

I mentioned above that one can create monstrous apparitions (and other stuff) in one’s own lucid dream so many will be different here until you realize what parts you are creating and those parts not.

You definitely have a knack (more mature physiological chemistry/neural pathways) than most. I consistently wind up in new places (never seen before) and meet people and usually work (a spiritual work) sometimes for over a month at same place every night (kinda a bummer sometimes especially if ain’t that great of place). And sometimes I wake up exhausted from working all night!

A handful of times I have been gone for months (in one night) and forgot I lived here when I woke up and even had to relearn a bunch of stuff like, “how to drive”. Freaking crazy man!

REM for most lasts a split second. Longest REM (rapid eye movement…how they measure dreaming) I think is only few minutes. So obviously time is void (or nearly void…different time zone) in this state. You all know that you have perceived your dreams (when you remember them) as being longer than a split second (or even two minutes).

Nothing in this thread is unhealthy (this ain’t occult…it’s wake up and increase your awareness).

also, I try and stay away from the, “name game”, when referring to God (God has many names). I don’t just believe He is real…I know He is real (wish I could give everyone that same knowing)!

I started studying all the world’s religions as a kid (Sufism a favorite, Taoism cool also). Same God for all people regardless what you want to call Him (too be discussed more later).

fun aside: Here are a few things many Christians don’t know about (and the one’s that do don’t like it talked about).

The first name of God mentioned in the Bible is, “Elohim”! Elohim means plural Gods (this show here on this planet mainly involves One)!

The Apostle Paul astral projected: Found in what’s called Paul’s revelation (taken out of many Bible’s). Where Paul was taken up to a third heaven “whether in the body or out of the body I do not know God knows” (what’s a third heaven?..asked many pastors, ministers, priests, over the years…no one knows) and saw and heard things not lawful for a man to see and hear. Written three times ,“whether in the body or out of the body I do not know God knows”.

Also, reincarnation in the Bible. Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah. I tell that to Christians and they say ya but only in the spirit and I say what did you think reincarnation is? Same spirit different body.

Elijah (as witnessed by Elisha) was taken up in a whirlwind to a flaming Chariot in the sky. Chariots (known mode of transportation for the time period) don’t fly with flames. ET’s in UFO’s do.

Whole Bible is packed full of UFO stories (too be discussed later)

Edit: Another interesting aside: THC is not a narcotic but a mild hallucinogen. Hallucinogens like LSD (and lesser extent THC) trigger a release of dopamine into the bloodstream. Guess when dopamine is used most naturally…yep you guessed it…“dreaming”!

2 Likes