What is the weirdest event in your life or strange things seen?

I’d love peeps to share NON-CRIME or VIOLENCE related stories that are weird, unexplained, or coincidental type events/places/things here. Ufo’s crypto stuff ghosts are all cool, although I don’t believe any of that. I really enjoy stories tied into events in history or places experienced in the past. Pics help, but it’s more about the story.
Have you seen a UFO with your own eyes? Bigfoot? Ogopogo? I don’t want no funky belief shit and debate on what’s real, just what you think based on what you experienced.
Sound like fun?
OK I’ll just throw 2 things out there. First in 1980 in Toronto, I thought I saw a UFO , and my own disbelief was proven out by good old investigation. Was wicked high , LOL.
Secondly, I may be the only person in recent Canadian history to be attacked…(sort of) by a black bear in the only province with no native bears…yup, 1973, PEI.
Anything like this happened to you? please tell us a story…as for mine…ufo or bear story first?

19 Likes

My buddy’s parents decided to move to VA from NJ to live out their golden years. They ended up going from NJ suburb to house on top of a mountain with satellite internet, very different scenario. This was my best friend and I was also cool with his parents and had helped them move down there originally. Anyway I went down there with him and his fiancée to visit for like a week and every night most of us would end up around a table on the deck drinking and smoking until like 3 am.

One night when we were sitting out there we started noticing white lines being formed in the sky, perfectly straight lines like they were being drawn but they appeared 2 or 3 at a time every few minutes. They all went one way and then after awhile lines started appearing going across them until the whole thing was like a square grid, and the lines were getting lower. As they got lower the lines were also spreading out. Eventually it was like a fog as whatever this shit was made it down to the ground. The part I’ll never forget (and always worry about when I think of it) was the smell and taste of it. It was like a bittersweet odd taste and once we all smelled/tasted it everyone got the fuck inside.

I had never even heard of “chemtrails” before then but his sister was telling us about them as we were watching this all night. There could be a perfectly valid reason why planes were precisely dropping some kind of chemical on the woods in rural VA I guess but I doubt anyone was supposed to be outside tasting it.

21 Likes

Lived in an old ass house, built in 1800’s. Around when I first moved in was sitting on the couch watching tv. When I heard a crash right around the corner. Walk around to see some books fallen off the bookshelf for no reason. Odd as F. I place them back on the shelf and go sit down. As soon as I sit down I hear the back door going to the basement slams. What?! I go and check it out…no one in the basement and zero reason for it to shut itself with such authority. No breezes, no other doors or windows in the house closed or opened to cause such a thing. Weird. While I was investigating the door, I hear a crash from upstairs. I go up and find the same books that I placed back on the shelf 1000% securely again laying on the ground. Ghosts mothertruckers! Something was fucking with me. After many years I did learn that the house had quite an interesting history. Never experienced such an odd set of events in my life. True story.

19 Likes

For absolute certain it was when I was super young. Don’t exactly remember my age… maybe 7?

Anyways me, my dad, and my brother were driving somewhere super late at night. I was messing around in the back seat on the floor area. It was some back roads area and after a while it occurred to me how we haven’t seen anyone in a long time. I remember that distinctly. Just had an eerie feeling. Not bad just kinda like that’s odd.

Shortly after this I remember finally seeing a white car behind us and they came flying up to us and passing. I thought that was kinda weird but whatever. I believe shortly after this I happened to look up in the sky and saw this giant blimp like thing. It was probably 100 feet up and my memory is fading on all this but I remember lights and weird symbols and on it that I’d never seen before. My brother and my dad all would describe this thing slightly different.

Anyways I said hey dad look up what is that. He said he couldn’t he was driving. I said no dad look what is that? Then my brother in the passenger seat looks up and also tells him to look. I don’t remember how long we looked at it but I believe my dad took off just like that white car :joy:.

After this on the ride to wherever… we were talking about how we should always keep a portable camera or something. This was back in the 90s.

But yeah I’ll never forget this for as long as I live. Was the oddest thing I’d ever seen.

18 Likes

Wack indeed! Would have thought aliens, but surely some covert gov’ment pest mitigation program sounds more likely. :grin:

3 Likes

We used to tell this story to family members and stuff at Christmas etc. Or other whenever it would come up for whatever reason outside of that. I do appreciate that I had my brother and my dad both there to add validity to my story. Otherwise people would probably just think I was lying lol. To be honest they probably all thought we were lying anyways. But we know and that’s all that matters to me. Not too many people get to experience something like that and I’m glad I did.

4 Likes

Ever since a child I “listened to my gut” at the weirdest times and things happened.

I’m waiting at a red light to walk across the street to go get groceries… the light turns green yet I don’t move because something feels wrong… a few moments later a car blasts through the intersection where I would have been walking and t-bones another car with the passenger of the red-light runner flying through his windshield like superman only to splash on the car he t-boned.

I’m heading towards a 25 story glass high-rise to collect items for my high-schools auditorium’s yearly theatrical production; it’s windy as fuck and for whatever reason I stopped walking even through I was lagging behind my friends that were already waiting at the door… BANG!!! we ALL jumped at the sudden and very loud sound that just happened out of nowhere in between me and the group at the door. At my feet were thousands of thick chunks of sheet glass scattered everywhere… my heart racing I looked up and saw near the top of the building and missing section of glass… which would have crushed me instantly had I had not stopped walking for NO REASON. (*and for those of you that know the scene in the Final Destination films where this happens… this was the only death in ALL OF THE FRANCHISE that actually disturbed me because that legit could have been me back then).

Another time I was on vacation with my folks in South America and out of nowhere I woke up in the middle of the night and felt as if “Something has gone horribly wrong.”. . A few minutes later the phone in the hotel rang, looking at the clock it was just after 2am. It seemed that I was the only one that heard it as no one stirred to go and pick-up the phone, I lay in bed feeling terror, and the phone kept ringing and I refused to be the point of contact for this call. Eventually the ringing stopped and I fell asleep again. The next am I awoke to all our cases all packed and ready by the door… the call was that my Grandfather had passed away… at the TIME I WOKE UP. And they called us within 5 minutes of his passing…

These are only a few stories but my moral: I WILL ALWAYS LISTEN TO ME GUT INSTINCTS.

22 Likes

Intuition is tied into the universe. “We are all one” is actually a true saying in my honest opinion.

7 Likes

This is a thread that I can get behind on a Monday morning!OP, you’re lucky on both accounts! I mean to get scratched up by a bear and not eaten, but mostly because of the UFO. Still waiting to see a UFO. Guess I haven’t found the right weed strain or smoked enough….pretty sure its not because I haven’t smoked enough.

4 Likes

1980 August Scarborough (toronto) ON for context, me 16 and my buddy 18 driving around town getting high in his '73 ford galaxy battleship. Approaching the newish Scarborough civic centre built beside the largest highway in Canada. Also the location of the old CTV toronto broadcasting studio and antenna. Early evening just got dark 9 pm or so, busy warm night, city center area. I look up in the sky as we’re puffin on an actual afghan black hash joint, and see a somewhat stationary, brightly lit, swirling object, at what seemed a low altitude. Its a big city and there is always air traffic, small and large airports etc…so we turned north towards the hiway, past the new huge mall. We got to an old stone house right on the highway which was converted to a classy restaurant (Stone Cottage Inn ???) and pulled into the parking lot which was directly beside the highway 401 and across from the still standing CTV (cfto) tower. The object was 4-500 feet above the highway moving slowly toward us from the east. It appeared to be a solid blob with circular white swirling lights surrounding it, slowly hovering over the highway. We could not hear a single thing due to the hundreds of cars speeding down the 8 lane highway. Standing outside the car, this object slowly approached as I am fucking truly tripping balls with my buddy at my side also fucking waiting to be zapped or scooped up or something. I am shaking just typing this, wow, need a toke, part 2 of awesome true proven event, coming up in a minute (wife woke up, LOL)

13 Likes

THIS IS LEGIT MY NEIGHBOURHOOD! ROFL.

4 Likes

OK shaking tripping seeing gawd over the noisy highway, truly freaking out, other cars had pulled in, 2 other people (older and prob. Not high) standing near us now seeing this UFO as well.
I met my wife the next year with a story of the sighting, and also the local bully,troublemaker, drug dealer who also had the sightng (months later) . They were (as were the people around them, in different parts of toronto) all convinced that UFO’s existed, since THAT EVENT. Really, my now wife recounted her 55 yr.old neighbour shouting the little green men are coming. Locally it was a famous event, although never appeared in the press. Now the rest…
Standing there freaking out at the slowly drifting whirling lights about a mile away coming towards up 500 feet above the highway. the lights were starting to come more sharply into view and now seemed like they were not circling the craft, but sweeping in one direction right to left. I’m sweating profusely, can’t hear anything but hiway noise and the 4 people freaking out…and THEN I start to see a message??? in some kind of…ENGLISH??? it says…come back home to jamaica…flights from $99 Cdn… FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK its an airborne ad slung under a cessna aircraft hovering over the traffic…AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH…mystery solved. The tough guy I talked to didn’t believe me despite the fact I told him he chased it in a car for 10 miles until it disappeared by the lake (it was the island airport it landed). My wife commented “Hmm, ok just don’t tell Mr. Readon”. Cheers

14 Likes

These are gold!

2 Likes

I know some of us know Toronto, that happened during the travel promo when they used One Love…before Bahamas did LOL (I think)

3 Likes

You know I’m open to all of this stuff , and have heard many many stories some from people I have zero reason to ever disbelieve. But I want one of my own and the amount of time I spend outdoors on the water I’m honestly dumbfounded I haven’t seen anything yet except a haunting experience. Would definitely be a trip, especially as a kid I can only imagine

3 Likes

I definitely know T.O spent half my life wandering those insane streets. I’ve got some interesting tales especially of the homeless and the raves, oh the raves and the underground/after hours club scene (as I’m sure you are well aware @Pigeonman in the industry you are in) I was involved in a production business for a while and we brought hip hop groups to Ontario for shows ! But nothing worthy of this thread or fitting :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah I grew up there 1963 -1990 have some not so good shit I can’t explain (mostly terrible people/shit) BUT the majority of time in my childhood was FANTASTIC around toronto in those decades, def best place in the world to me. I love looking back at the fun and dangerous(to ourselves) tom foolery we got into. These are great stories just a few minutes in…I hope this thread has legs!!!

7 Likes

25 years ago In Toronto I was a kid working in a movie theatre box office with a little weed in my pocket.

Out of nowhere I get swarmed by 20 cops (literally 20) and they start asking me aggressive questions.

Turns out there was a cop shot down the street and they were hunting him.

“Seen anyone suspicious meeting this description?”
“Dude I’ve seen 3000 people today.”

Scary as hell.

14 Likes

Atleast you experienced something. That was my only extra weird experience also. We’re lucky to have one atleast :joy:.

But yeah man it still excites me to this day and I vaguely remember what it looks like.

I feel like we didn’t get to look at it long because my dad wanted to get out of there. But I can’t remember exactly. I wish something like that happened nowadays when we all have cameras in our pockets at all times.

But maybe thats exactly why we saw what we saw at the time? Had no way to show others what we had saw? Crazy but whatever :joy::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I had a math teacher say “you must learn basic math because you won’t have a calculator with you everywhere you go.”

Jokes on you math teacher.

2+2 = 7!

13 Likes