Breeder Chat: Anonymous4289's Crosses

@anonymous4289 you have made some crazy good stuff, could you toot your own horn and tell us the best thing you ever made?

8 Likes

i’ve only made a few crosses, most of which have been given out on here. what i called 'chicago purple diesel didn’t turn out like anything attributed to it’s name. the cpd and soloberry 1 were not good enough to pass around. i would grow the cpd again because i had a couple good phenos but not good enough to share. i just started some seeds for my new pollen chucking project, hopefully using a ‘chem fuego’ male which should be fire, but we’ll see. i don’t think my stuff is that good but i hope to pass out better strains in the near future. i think the black snow is something special but i dont think anyone has started them past early veg. we’ll see how that goes. i like the way apollo apes are looking but i still think black snow should be best. i forgot i lost some seeds of (tangerine dream x qrazy train) but the tangerine dream was a fem and i didn’t want to grow unstable crosses.

Chicago Purple Diesel (sour diesel x qrazy train) - going back i would call it qrazy diesel, but oh well. i had one sour d pheno thast literally made my lips sour like eating warhead candy, another cream cheese pheno, another of some kind of fruit i couldn’t identify
[Cali Connection x TGA Genetics]

Soloberry #1 (goji og #1 x solo stash)
[Bodhi Seeds x Bodhi Seeds]

Soloberry #2 (goji og #2 x solo stash)

Soloberry #3 (goji og #3 x solo stash)

Black Snow (black triangle x solo stash)

Apollo Ape (Apollo 11g f4 x Rare Darkness)
[Bodhi Seeds x Rare Dankness]

@Qtip i appreciate the compliment.

28 Likes

Thank you for the in depth answer, always love to hear the creators perspective about what they were seeing/looking for as they made selections. What is your dream project for breeding? @TeamOG could we start a new topic atat my initial question so we don’t lose this info?

4 Likes

Just start a thread in the Breeding section.

1 Like

When you said some crosses didn’t make the cut, what factors disqualified them?

4 Likes

i didn’t realize i made a mistake posting in the other thread. sorry about that, my mistake.

my sour diesel x qrazy train is good, but some of the phenos suck. the first time i grew them out i had 3 really nice phenos, all different so i guess it’s pretty ‘poly hybrid’. i wouldn’t want to pass them around for people to get 50/50 good/bad phenos. the second batch i did was no good. the one i threw outdoors a couple years back also was no good. i do look forward to my next project , just started seeds so we’ll see how that goes.

7 Likes

Not a mistake but it’s easy for good information to get lost in the free seeds thread. This is pure gold @anonymous4289, love to hear this insight. I take it you lean towards wide leaf types of plants, do you look for the high typically associated with wide leaf/indica?

5 Likes

i think it’s more like some just “feel” like i’m supposed to cross them. some just stand out to the point i think they would mix well. i can’t explain that really well. some just sound right together.

6 Likes

Who on OG has been biggest inspiration or mentor? What about big name breeders, sounds like you are a Bodhi guy!

5 Likes

no mentors or anything like that, i started learning the basics from trollitup back in 2010. definitely a Bodhi guy but recently branched out to other breeders. ( like lucky dog seed co chem fuego, karma biker kush v2, trying to pop some fire og bx from og raskal, going to pop some sr71 purple kush bx, etc.)

12 Likes

Right on, thanks for putting up with me pestering you! I absolutely appreciate your knowledge, thanks for sharing :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

I hope I’m around to see that!!!
:drooling_face:

1 Like

@anonymous4289 Nice!!! Looking forward to seeing that coming alive!! I’ll soon be popping some Apollo Ape… Thanks!!!

2 Likes

I with a black snow here

2 Likes

@BERZERK
https://overgrow.com/t/black-snow-the-grow-show/

2 Likes

Did someone say Blueberry Diesel.
This short little gem is just putting weight-on.
Here is a mug-shot @anonymous4289

6 Likes