Plants I have grown and loved

I’m going to show off some of my work which used to be hosted on Oceangrownlounge before it went down, and on my IG channel (McPhenotype) before I disappeared for a couple years. These will by no means be posted in a formal and structured grow log, so I don’t mind if the thread goes off on tangents. I am fairly new here and don’t have a grow log to speak of posted, so this is just going to be an informal few pics and some barely-coherent rambling in the hopes that the community might get to know me better.

21 Likes

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Some shots of my 3x3 tent full of Ninja Fruit from Stoned Ninja. I didn’t manage to find a NF pheno that really showed off the purple but I didn’t try to coax it out of them, either. The one pheno I kept was for its licorice/spice/wood signature that I liked.

24 Likes

Imgur
Imgur

9 lb hammer. by Jinxproof Genetics. I think I bought these seeds back when he was still making this strain for TGA. Good yielder but man, did this one suck to trim.

20 Likes

Some Zero Gravity from North Genetics. I really loved the aesthetics on this plant, a nice head high to this one is all I remember. You’ll notice how some of my grows show purple/fall colors in some plants but green in others of the same genetics. I am personally convinced this is due to the light I flowered the purple-leaf plants under (DuoLux 600) vs straight white light 3000k - 4000k COB mix on the ones that did not purple out.

Imgur

13 Likes

Chem K from North Genetics. This one was interesting. A hell of a yielder, good lord, most colas were baseball bats. But something about the smell on this one turned me off. Kinda had that halitosis thing going which I’ll chalk up to the Hawgsbreath in its genes. I wouldn’t call this one a very “chemmy” chem strain. Again, i’ll let the reader guess which of these was directly under the blurple diodes on the Duolux

13 Likes

Imgur

Some Kogi by Norstar Genetics. This is about the most Sativa of a plant I would ever grow indoors. Smoke was unremarkable, taste was woody with a neat spice, but most of the females I grow from this gave some airy larfy bud that I don’t care to run again.

12 Likes

Smurfzilla by North Genetics. This was downright delirium weed. Would only ever recommend for nighttime use as it was nearly incapacitating. Frost golf balls dense as could be, I will be messing around with more Smurfs from this company in the future.

20 Likes

serveimage :coffee: :smoking: :sunrise: :joy:

:evergreen_tree: Mmmmm…innnnccaaappaaaacccciiitaaaattteddddd…

10 Likes

Alien Rift from Oceangrown seeds. This stuff was giggle weed. I only grew 1 pheno of this but would like to try again now that I know a little more about what I’m doing. This was the 2nd plant I ever grew, I think. I’m not bragging, but I think I did pretty damn good, considering I probably put it through newbie hell with overfeeding and pH problems. Yet it still gave me excellent medicine. Dry onion-y note that could make you donate a lung, but it was worth it.

18 Likes

Chernobyl by TGA Genetics. One of these tasted like “an electric lime slurpee” according to my notes, so I’m guessing I had found the “slimer” cut I hear of. The smell on it was sublime. I really wish I’d made some rosin from it, just out of curiosity. I got my Powers Plates kit set up after I had grown and gotten rid of my Chernobyl stash.
Obviously the one whose leaves tacoed up was a bit too warm…also got seeded a bit.

12 Likes

Here’s what is going to be kicking off the next season soon enough. I will surely be doing dedicated grow logs for these but wanted to show off the new beenz :wink: I tend to pick a breeder and try a bunch of their work. For a while I’ll be going through Bodhi’s gear. Listening to the man speak reaffirms my choice to support him as the right one. Plus, I haven’t touched much in the last few years that rivals Goji OG.

Angelica (this will def be first. I cannot wait to grow this one)
Black Triangle
Twin Flame
Soul Mate
Healing Hashplant
Granola Funk Remix (OGKB x Wookie) out door

8 Likes

Beyond Dreams by North Genetics

12 Likes

Nice plants :ok_hand: definitely got me up and rollin a jizzy

1 Like

beautiful plants and colours! im forever jealous of people who find purple strains. I tried growing “purple bud” once, and it literally wasnt purple. very disappointing, but still amazing buds

2 Likes

Much as I don’t like to admit it, I think a lot of the fall colors and purpling were due to pH imbalances and newbie abuse of some of my plants. I remember flipping things into flower back then that I would either throw out or wait a month to heal nowadays. The “blurple” LED diodes caused a lot more of the reds and purples to come out, methinks.

3 Likes

Here are some various garden shots. I tend to be a detail-oriented “make checklists” type of person, and I kept written grow logs of everything I did during this phase. Looking back through it, I think pH and not feeding to enough runoff (I fed manually) were my big boo boos. Also…I might have benefitted from growing one strain or at least similar strains at one time to avoid having so many crazy variables to keep track of…but hey, it was a lot of fun!

7 Likes

@Morbidly_OG i bet youll have one hell of a run with that lineup. Heavenly hashplant soul mate and twin flame are all on my wish list

3 Likes

mmm… Purple.
blackberry from SomAblazE 2004

10 Likes

This is the first plant I ever grew, Blue Banner Cookies by Kanna Genetics. I forget exactly how I came across these seeds but I do remember this one smelled like fruity cereal. PH issues galore on this one.

7 Likes

As is painfully obvious to me in retrospect, I have largely grown out strains that were hyped poly-hybrids I saw on instagram. I’m still very much that dude, but I’ve begun questioning the validity of chasing the hype. Listening to who I consider to be the wise and experienced has shifted my focus a bit away from the diluting out of the classic stuff to chasing it instead. THC % figures be damned. Those lines were specifically bred for effect and uniqueness and someone spent a HELL of a lotta time and effort doing so. I want to find out why they would go through the trouble. I think it is kind of a problem that I honestly have a hard time nailing down anything that I smoke when I do “blind tastings.” I can do it with whiskeys and cigars, that is a big part of why I like them in the first place. By all of that I mean I’ve been trying a lot of that “new new,” but really can’t actually tell them apart without reading the label unless they have some outrageously unique taste or aroma or effect…which is rare. I want a more thorough understanding of breeding, even before i start playing at it. That make sense at all? I’m new here, and I’ll be trying to learn as much as possible. But I’m paying attention, know what I mean? Anyways, rant over. Back to lurking.

6 Likes