Breeders who've caught your eye this year

Turnspit Genetics, Jaw’s, Ill Eagle Birdseed, HydroRed,

4 Likes

Chem Labs, Covert Genetics, Red Goat and @darkillusion , also I’ve gotta say @Budderton ive known about him for a few years now but over the last year or so I’ve truly began to respect his work and the time and effort he puts in.

7 Likes

what’s the date on the nevilles haze cuts used here dude?

Not sure about his, but Todd Mc at Authentic Genetics has an extensive collection of old haze lines including Neville’s. I grew the Original Haze x Original Neville’s Haze and it was impressive.

2 Likes

…I’m glad you said that because it only goes to show how good nevils work was…he documented online and quoted he was finding increased potency in hybrid form…I can only imagine the depths you could really go to finding early stock of nevils haze and hybridising it down for the world audience…its a gateway to one of them precious mind stages that opens so many mindful properties that positively change the whole perception of how you think and feel and we seem to be losing sight of them great feelings…especially in true and purer forms than mass seedbank audiences…its sad watching it happen in front of you…money just got hold of a lot of things and ruined it…the old timers now have to save face and give the ppl something back…the old stocks that are hidden for another lifetime have to resurface and someone somewhere have a thought for saving these precious oils in whatever form and plant we find them in today…its becoming harder to attain I have to be honest…nevil had an astute skill in something I know that…he took an already good haze and bred wonderful cerebral mixer tonics like that reported superskunk work he did,it enthused the heavy undertone of the haze and produced a cerebral highly motivational very electric feel high to the end product…it definitely versions stories of haze pure and original you see…so crossing a superskunk version to his haze males was producing electric highs reports to me he knew exactly what he was doing and will remain one of the best…he is the modern day example of bucking the myth about pure hazes and there value compared to hybrids…and he’s still proving that fact yrs later…all you young breeders should follow nevils mind and his work by reading what he was saying and trying to do…hybrid hazes unlock all the keys you ever wanted to achieve as a breeder imo…

1 Like

I used only two cuts, one 17weeker cut of NH, so called bohemps cut… very trippy in that thai stick way, and not incense one… but never released it and I only released that cross with vintage cut from Sammy, I think it came from late 80s or early 90s hehehe from crew who worked with Nevil, it is from first generation seeds of NH, very different to mr. nice NH… I think it is punto rojo pheno, pretty rare in my opinion, and quite different to most NH cuts from Holland I grew… not frankies one, but incense is there, some wet basement too… these are pics of that NH from Sammy… I crossed it with black vietnamese male, which not black at all to confuse you a little hahaha

24 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::heart_eyes::cold_sweat::alien::alien::alien::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Are those foxtails a regular growth of the Haze or the Thai phenos?

2 Likes

I like the beans I get from members here.

I have so much about breeding over the years and a lot of it is Suspect
Imo

Here’s why

How many times have we heard you must have 100 plants to get the perfect selection?
Or even 50
How many breeders Can be Shown
To have 100 plants of the same kind
For selection?
Not 1 I have ever seen
Not one has ever shown that.
All the years elsewhere and it rarely saw more than 1 or 2 plants
If that and that’s from some big names.
I can move anywhere on the web and it’s the same
100 plants bla bla
Let’s get scientific up the arse lol
And yet not more than a few plants shown.

Now in Cali or another legal state I can at least believe some folks
In the industry have 100 plants or more for Selection
Not that I have ever seen it…

So my favorite breeders are the ones
I know for years
They grow great plants
And they will gladly share
Right here
Right now.

Not bashing anyone or company
But when I hear 100 plants
I laugh
Show it…
That goes for every where else as well as members here.
Perhaps I missed it
But according to the talking heads
You got to have a lot of plants
And honestly even the folks here
Talk and talk but never show.
Even at the old fourm you hear about the grand grow and selection bla bla
I mean I could type that shit
But Show it or stow it.
More folks should think critical
About this when it comes to your hard earned money.

Im not saying their wares are not good
But better than most is a claim
I have to verify.

Useless, folks like that i be inclined
To accept as they have shown much much much more than any Breeder
Other than perhaps nukeheads.
But still I not seen 50 or 100 plants in their breeding programs.

The folks who’s beans I grow never make such claims
Maybe have just a few plants
And Blow it out with Just them
Lol

Maybe out west it has changed
But im not aware of one state
That let’s you grow 100 plants
Or even 50 for personal use.

Food for though
Again free bad ass beans can be had right here
To each his own.

4 Likes

You technically don’t need a 100 plant selection. Just need to get lucky with some nice phenos. :wink: it’s true that the more plants you can pop and hunt the more likely it is to pick out something with all the right qualities. But it’s not “nessasary”. Just have to have a good eye and when you find something special, you keep it for breeding purposes.

Once you find that keeper you can stream line that particular pheno or use it as a cross. F1 beans will always have a lot of variety in the phenos.

6 Likes

Just this yr, meaning '23 or May '22 to May '23. Either way I’ve been impressed by @Budderton with all his work. @schmarmpit he knows why, killer killer plants. @anonymous4289, we did some trading. Starting reading through some journals with his work and was vey impressed with what I saw. There are several Oger’s putting work with genetics we all should be lucky to even see much less have. I much rather have beans made from OGer’s than breeders on the market. There are of course certain breeders we all have to follow. New ones I seen that caught my eye: Freak Genetics, 3rd Coast, Cannavore, Fire New Breed, High Lonesome and of course can’t forget @SHSC-1 and his work he is doing,

7 Likes

At 1:30 he talks selection

2 Likes

Everything I’ve ran of josh’s was really good. I’ve run maybe 5-6 packs of his and they were all very impressive from terps to trichome production etc. I’ve got 2x Mayberry 2x blueberry lemon shake up and 2x blue star bx bout a month into flower right now. Anytime I run his stuff I know it’s going to be good. I’ve got some glazed berries f2 and glazed berries x blue grease if you’d like any?

4 Likes

I’ve never ran any haze, so I can’t speak on that. But foxtailing definitely comes from the Thai side. A lot of blueberry and blueberry crosses will foxtail

1 Like

Macks Terps out of LA

Here’s a good foxtail on goji raz x k45. K45 is a pheno from the blue line of dj’s work

14 Likes

You can find a nice plant in ten to choose from

NYCeedz

He is the man who brought us spritzer these pics are the Rucker (gary Payton X spritzer) he traded me some seeds for bud at a show in December and the vigor, terps, density of these not even 6 weeks in is blowing me away as well as other people I’ve seen killing it with his stuff. Bunch of spritzer crosses is what he’s had going im usually a guy that personally likes kush and chem but this is grade A custy material. All these spritzer crosses are supposed to wash I have some papaya cake X spritzer seeds I just got from him going and 3 sour diesel X spritzer freebies saved

13 Likes

Lot of folks here, honestly: @Baudelaire @Tonygreen @LouDog420 @Josh_Blue @JAWS @lefthandseeds @santero @Roms and more

Otherwise, I started paying more attention this year to 707/Shabud, Crickets and Cicadas/Mr. Bob Hemphill, Lucky Dog/SkunkVA, Equilibrium, Annunaki, Freeborn/Mean Gene, and preservation stuff from Subcool and Loran.

RIP to Useful and Goat & Monkey this year, may their work live on.

16 Likes

Ummm, well, in my humble opinion, growers that may grow these quantities are probably very careful about posting those pics. However, the breeding you are speaking of which sounds like a lot of back crossing and intensive work, is usually done by the larger breeders and companies and some select very committed growers.
Not sure what curtain you are trying to peek behind, but it seems you are not very enthused about the real effort that so many OGrs put out there.

1 Like