Breeding questions about f1

Hello I had a question so I just wanted to see if I where to create fem seeds from f1 how would I come along I grow f1 untill I get x1 male and female and than breed and than from thee I have s1 than would I bread that s1 with the f1 and than from there have f2 and than bread the f2 with more f2 that I’ll grow and than make s2 and go till about the 4th go out how does that work ? Any information helps

3 Likes

You make fem seeds by hitting a female with colloidal silver or STS in order to make it produce pollen sacks. You use that pollen on the female plants to create seeds. The S is S1 and S2 stands for self as it got pollinated by itself. There are no males involved in making feminized seeds.

6 Likes

Those would be F2,

You would be breeding F1 with F2… Making BX1 (back cross). Useful for stabilizing traits.

Breeding two different strains creates an F1.

Breeding two of those F1 seeds (M & F) will make F2. Breeding two F2’s make F3, and so on. Introduce a different strain, and its back to F1.

S1 is usually referring to Selfed plants, i.e. eliteXelite, rhodelization, CS or STS reversals. These are feminized as there are no males involved after reversal. Its female genetics pollenating female plants.

5 Likes