Brix levels, do they matter? What raises the Brix level? šŸ”„

Oh thatā€™s from a dispoā€¦ I canā€™t make dabs yet lol no equipment!!

But it is pink lemonadeā€¦ and yes it is absolutely delicious! Diamonds and sauce

4 Likes

U mean Makin them or smoking them? For some reason I find dabs vapesā€¦ anything but edibles or flower are missing ā€œsomethingā€ it doesnā€™t feel as full and widespread of a buzz as flower doesā€¦ although you get high quickerā€¦ the high itself feels more basic

4 Likes

pink lemonadeā€¦sounds so dank haha
I gotta hit up joint nowā€¦

2 Likes

Yessir!!! Letā€™s smoke together buddy

3 Likes

ohh smoking them, like super flavorful?

cuz my exp was really bad with terp but i know oil i had was low quality cuz it burnt my rig right awayā€¦ all the black residueā€¦

and some of friends told me itā€™s super tastyā€¦so i was always so curious to taste em in terms of flavor haha

2 Likes

This is not true. Plants can directly absorb amino acids from the root zone.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214514121000775

Itā€™s also the most energetically favorable form of nitrogen for a plant to uptake.

2 Likes

When it comes to dabs Temperature is everything! I find starting at a barely buring the oil cool temp and slowly heating it more to finish is bestā€¦ so frigging tasty!! Like a weed plant exploded in your mouth overwhelming flavor

2 Likes

Which has significantly small quantity compare to NO3 or NH4

3 Likes

:cry: :cry: one day iā€™ll get to try it one dayā€¦

3 Likes

I bet they heated it too much when it was like that in other wordsā€¦ next time put the dab inā€¦ before itā€™s heatedā€¦ and carefully heat it if itā€™s a rig u can do that withā€¦ (not a nector collector or straw) like an actual banger with a carb capā€¦ put the carb cap on before heatingā€¦ and heat from zero heat to the point it starts burning a littleā€¦ thank me later!

3 Likes

This video talks about nitrogen sources at ~3 minutes.

6 Likes

ahhh, like it requires some delicate skills

for me took some long time to dial in pipe like that, hopefully with dab i can get it faster :rofl: :rofl: otherwise, rigs will be constantly wasted haha

3 Likes

Na itā€™s easy youā€™ll have it down in 1 week tops
ā€œEveryone here at home always has me heat their dabs for em lolā€

3 Likes

It said in that video the plant prefers nitrate nitrogenā€¦ I donā€™t know if that means itā€™s actually better for the plantā€¦ lolā€¦ my dog prefers peanut butterā€¦ but if i give it to him as much as he wanted it would cause health problemsā€¦ lol just messing with ya lol

Thereā€™s still the concern of nitrate nitrogen causing brix to lowerā€¦ I need to find definitive proof one way or the other

4 Likes

Yeah plants can uptake Amino Acids directly, but I cannot find a single paper or anything that says they can uptake proteins by themselves, unlike that video says from @NoCal. The closest Iā€™ve found is this paper,
https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.0712078105#:~:text=Roots%20exude%20proteolytic%20enzymes%20that,cells%20most%20likely%20via%20endocytosis.
stating these two plants, Hakea actites and Arabidopsis thaliana that donā€™t have fungi present naturally, can exude proteolytic enzymes that digest the protein at the root surface and possible in apoplast of the root cortex.

5 Likes

Where did you read this? I think Ive read through all the posted material and the closest Iā€™ve seen is ā€œ Low brix levels are often linked to high nitrate levels in the plantā€. Doesnā€™t really mean NO3- is bad for plants or causes low brix.

Wasnā€™t trying to make any points with that video, itā€™s just a good explanation of the different sources of plant nutrients.

3 Likes

Canā€™t watch the video atm (working off memory and thatā€™s wellā€¦ shoddy at best :joy:). I think he states they can be absorbed in small amounts but doesnā€™t really elaborate on the process behind it.

2 Likes

yeah itā€™s weird, right at the beginning of the 3 minutes he says they canā€™t uptake protein at all as theyā€™re too large. Aminoā€™s are fine though. and then at the end of the Nitrogen talk he says they can :joy:

2 Likes

My brain hurts

1 Like

that thcfarmer thread @DirtySlowToes posted a bit ago

said this on the nitrate/brix level

specifically ammonium nitrate :thinking:

4 Likes