Brix levels, do they matter? What raises the Brix level? šŸ”„

Cultured biologix states that nitrogen given without a carbon molecule lowers the brixā€¦

Itā€™s the lack of carbon in hydro my badā€¦
Again thoughā€¦
Is it just a sales pitchā€¦ youā€™d think theyā€™d have to have proof or be ousted for being liars lol

They stated they attached a carbon molecule to the nitrogen so when the plant feeds on nitrogen it also gets carbon

2 Likes

yeah i donā€™t get that n with c stuff. the plant generally gets the carbon from the air as part of the calvin cycle. if youā€™re co2 deficient than thatā€™d be your lack of carbon but otherwiseā€¦ :thinking:

4 Likes

Your sugar amount has direct relation to

Photosynthetic Active Radiation + CO2 + H2O

so light, carbon, water plays a role.

In plant science water = nutrient. Because that is how nutrients are absorbed by plants, so by water uptake (more than 85% nutrients uptake happen in this way). So that means in the water limited situation, your sugar production may be losen, well actually biomass accumulation than sugar production but can expect both decreasing in water limited situation

4 Likes

But wouldnt carbon be a little different as a solid vs a gas? Kind of like carbon times 2ā€¦ rootzone carbon as well as leaf zone carbon

2 Likes

carbon only taken by leaf through stomata

1 Like

hmm, so nitrogen with carbon attached could be ā€œorganic nitrogenā€, amino acids, proteins, and humic substances. However, that ā€œorganic nitrogenā€ would need microbes to break it down into, you guessed it, nitrate and/or ammonium in order for the plant to uptake it.

3 Likes

But that goes completely against cultured biologix statementā€¦ it is uptaken as a nutrient in the rootzone attached to the N

2 Likes

ammonium based nutrients are cheaper to produce. What most growers donā€™t know is that ammonium can be taken up into the plant and then it will lose a hydrogen and become ammonia, which is toxic. This can build up in the plant slowly over time and minimize its genetic potential. Some companies focus on maximizing cost per gallon versus plant health.

From ventanas description on why they donā€™t use ammonium salts.

3 Likes

only ammonium and nitrate get uptaken

4 Likes

Then what are they talking about? At cultured?

3 Likes

yeah, you also do NOT want ammonium in your reservoir as they will foul up the water super quick.

4 Likes

Ok okā€¦ Iā€™m gonna do a few dabsā€¦ this is getting good I need popcorn! :weary:

Whoā€™s with me??

6 Likes

The time is now brother

Holy I do agree. So why use ammonium based over nitrates. or rather, what is attractive about ammonium?

3 Likes

Ohh generally saying that is for different purposes.

That is making that organic element to be easily uptaken by plants. That is not the carbon to use for photosynthesis.

I know many organic companies do what i mentioned. Binding organic elements to carbon or other things to make easier uptake of N or other elements.

Cultured biologix might be not exact case tho canā€™t imagine only them being different. and their product line seems like using the concept

If this not, which is quite advanced topic, then they just talking about C:N ratio and microbes population.

2 Likes

My old ass canā€™t take more than thisā€¦ i consider this a huge 1ā€¦ others would laugh at me :laughing:

5 Likes

I wonā€™t shit talkā€¦butā€¦ šŸ„²šŸ„¹šŸ„²šŸ’œ

4 Likes

Lmfao!! Itā€™s 92 percentā€¦ damn strong buddyā€¦ I need to quit smoking cigarettes man!

4 Likes

Hell yeah you do dude

5 Likes

It was enough to turn it milky white lol

I feel happy like this guy now!

6 Likes

92% damn it

i really donā€™t have much exp with dabs. literally twice in my life

is it tastier as well?

2 Likes