Broad-Leaved Drug Type

:camera: KANDAHAR Arghandab, AFGHANISTAN :afghanistan: 2022

Pre-Soviet and Post-soviet term has to be stopped for the marketing of Afghan Genetics.

Sincerely, it has been my firsthand experience with the Afghan Farmers.

No claims have been made regarding the change or influence on the Afghan genetics of any invasion in the region.

Except, some people just trying their best to sell their gears. But, with an utterly false claim.

This is the recent Crop Documented and chosen for Pheno Hunt.4

If you still believe that Pre/Post BS and think that good BLD trait has been expired from the Afghanica gene pool than you are in dire need to experience this firsthand by growing it.

41 Likes

That’s a beautiful plant

6 Likes

Tell me more. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

How is the high, flavor and smell? Looks beautiful!

4 Likes

I need that leaf in my life

5 Likes

In my mind and many others, I know, this story about the change in quality of hash reaching the west was noticeable after 2001/2002 US invasion. Even classic Nepalese temple ball and similar was less available, even in Amsterdam after 2001/2002.
I don’t know of anyone as a reference point for 1970s Afghan hash.
With small family farms, as a reference point it would also be hard to say unless the person has extensive experience, did they just try a couple unique/different profiles? Was that representative of the differences of the area or just happens to be a good batch they remember? It’s not out of the question, but I don’t think we have any good reference points to confirm this pre soviet idea.

So, there was this another point which should be noted, that People in the Amsterdam stating that Pre-Soviet BLD’s were the only true ones that they found and became a symbol for an “indica”.
And I have also seen some people claiming that the soviets invasion has made the true BLD’s to go depleted from the Afghanica gene pool.

That is why I thought I would write it and show my discovery with the collections I made for an BLD indica variant.

And I have not even shared the most BLD variants yet. pardon me for the hasty writing and postings.

I am always looking forward for the feedbacks and thoughts, and to construct my knowledge in a more effective manner.

11 Likes

Well, The smell, on both of these variants was crazy, Hashy, fuel funk, with deep spice oozing from the main stems and a bit sweet and acrid from the infloresence combined.

did not had the time to smoke each and every variant from that region, had an opportunity to try the hash and it was pure medicine, full norcotic body high, dry mouth oily throught and left a melon like taste in my mouth.

12 Likes

Really interesting, thank you…!

2 Likes

so when are seeds going to be available pleasee dont tease us…lol

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been meaning to do some research on the Afghanica Broad Leaf types, as that’s where I believe the magic lies if we want to recreate certain traits but, it’s a rabbit hole I just don’t have time to jump in right now. Mostly because of all the other rabbit holes I frequent take up all my spare time lol! I don’t mind living vicariously through you though on this subject, as you seem to be quite knowledgeable in the matter. Are you saying we have lost certain varietals post soviet invasion and these were the more potent varietals? Has the hash declined in quality recently. The Afghani hash we used to get in the 80’s would knock your socks off but, I was just a kid so, my socks were probably easily knocked off. Haven’t been to Amsterdam since the late 90’s but the samples I had in a few of the coffee shops were all very good from what I remember.

1 Like

No, you can get what you are paying for at the moment, also you get the nuances and difference in each and every Hash Location wise and grade wise in modern days.

Back then Quality declined due to increased demand and increased surveillance on the smuggled hash. Not because of Soviet invasion.
Also, the BLD trait was not depleted because of Invasion. As you can see this in the post and can in the upcoming ones.
So, the term pre soviet is just to make the genetics stand out only to sell gears which is a poor choice which I think and is not based on many references and research.

4 Likes

I will make a post regarding the availability here, on linkedIn and Instagram.
Its not too far may be less than a month.

9 Likes

Sir, you had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

4 Likes

You know that by 1982 2.8 million Afghans fled to Pakistan and another 1.5 million to Iran. These were largely from rural areas and the farms and genetics those people had were lost or moved to where ever they fled to.

5 Likes

I am aware of this event.
One thing Which I would like to put forward is that there is very small population in Afghanistan who prefers Cannabis to be consumed which is are the Northern region.
Largely mostly do not consume it in South, the cannabis is there and was just to facilitate the survival.

The main topic is BLD’s which some have claimed to be only true of an era which is of pre-soviet.

Mostly, there was an exchange of seeds and has always been from Pakistan to Afghanistan and Afghanistan to Pakistan. There are also claims by Afghan farmers that Panjshir farmers have incorporated Tirah Valley Pakistan seeds to have that kind of success in their yields as Tirah Valley.

People flying out of the country do impact the genetics by creating a gap in the next Gen.
But, have you seen some one putting a display of open pollinated 1970’s/1980’s stock of Afghan cannabis, no IBL’s in West?

All what that time of breeding in West did to create a discreet, short heighted, low smell underground cannabis which finishes earlier so that there is a good rotation of the product.

Nothing special was done earlier to protect the Genetics in West so that we can have it in its full glory.
I think another reason was the accession of seeds too.

There is a sad news for the community, as I was searching and going to hunt, I found when there was 20-30 acre per village of Kandahar in 2019-2020 as per my knowledge, recently we have found only 12 acres in totall of Cannabis plantation in Kandahar. which is significantly low in previous 3 years.

many of the hotspots of Cannabis plantation did not had a single crop, as the new regime is going to flush this out of their system in the upcoming years, we are witnessing a true disallowing of this crop which is rapidly taking over the whole southern and northern most regions of Afghanistan.

9 Likes

The Full Power Selections people on IG have said that this year the production has had to move to areas very far removed from the usual spots. This seems unfortunate for all involved and I guess fallout from the reinstatement of Taliban rule. :frowning:

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree MORE !! So glad you can verify this !!! This first pic is a perfect example of the genotype in the early 70’s, from seeds brought back from outside of Kabul. Peace

2 Likes

There are still broad leafy varieties but they have been under pressure in those areas for a long time. This is why preservation is key. I’ve heard a lot about how some of the pre Soviet varieties were different but not that the bld types were only existing then. Most likely there was more diversity in the gene pool just based on the amounts of people who had to relocate , they probably took seeds with them though. Just like what is going on now with new rule in Afghanistan , the conflicts in Syria , some varieties or corners of the gene pool will certainly be lost.
I’m hoping to grow out some Kandahar , tora bora and sholgar over the next year but have to get to some other sativa based heirlooms first.

5 Likes

Some sfv og kush from Cali connection

15 Likes

looks great, the nodes and seedling leaflets are nice and fat.

1 Like