Brown, dried-up spots on leaves mid-bloom

Double check your PH pen and the order your mixing in. Looks to be locked out. Maybe only getting certain nutrients or not enough. RO water can be even more sensitive than tap for bolth . Just throwing up darts as I think it must be a recent change of events or it wouldn’t be this big this far along ?

I hear you. I have the same soil and use the same water for other plants. Infact I just harvested a large plant a couple weeks ago using the same soil and watering routine, so something different is going on somewhere.

Here’s what the problematic plant looks like up close right now:

5 Likes

But to reiterate, I don’t mix nutrients, as I use a no-till organic soil. I normally only add water, as the plants uptake what is needed from the soil mix itself, instead of “force-feeding” it chelated compounds. This drench I watered with above, was the first change to that I made in quite a few grows. Organic soil growing is usually without hassle, and easy for me without issues because of this. This is one reason I’m stumped and leaning towards the septoria spreading. As long as there are microbiota in the soil composting it away, the plants uptake what they need, as they need it.

5 Likes

Well stumped lol…. Sorry you gotta go through it… but I actually enjoy this part of the learning process I will definitely be taking a chair and I will be trying to wrap my head around what could possibly be the culprit lol

2 Likes

That purple that you called senisince or whatever looks kinda like molybdenum deficiency from pics I’ve seen. Maybe your pH is low. Low pH can help instigate deficiencies in that and P. Not sure.

1 Like

It’s possible, but nearly every grow of this strain has phenotypes that look exactly like that.

1 Like

Do you have a decent soil pH probe? I don’t know. Just a thought.

I regularly have this problem. I have losted an important batch of males this season with this shit.

The dry necrosis show wounded roots, but when you check them … you discover a fungi attack in the soil that get the plant from a systemic angle.

It’s a regular fungi i got after a high RH wave (70+) + heat, mostly installed by fungus gnats (poo) for my case. But if the dominant winds are carrying stuff from a close agronomic facility, same shit without gnats.

You can try different acidistic potions (fulvic by example) mixed with H202, they are not too advanced in flo for this.

I personally don’t treat and I count 100% on the plant’s SAR. So i feed accordingly with large dry cycles and a “duo watering” :

• day 1 : tap water (with chlorine then, sometimes i get only hottest water that i chill to get more)
  • day 3 : normal feeding (nutes)

And under the maximum light density i can, lowering the metabolism of the plants just give an edge to the fungi i get on regular basis (after gnats raids in early spring and July).

I hope it will inspire to search a workaround.

4 Likes

More Cal Mag lol… Wow that is amazing detective work my friend. Maybe cooler substrate temps could help eliminate risk either cover crop or shading the substrate ? I find H202 to be a temp fix and too much quantity fry’s roots. Maybe a root zone bacteria could help protect roots ? Cool info thanks for sharing.

@resimax just out of curiosity, what genetics are you growing here?

I have 4 Sherbet x Wedding Cake going in the same tent, about 5 weeks into flower and 2 of them are showing similar thing to what you have here.

Front two are only ones that have shown this top to bottom

I did have some ph issues mid veg but sorted those as they went into flower. I’m growing in soil and feeding Plant Magic Old Timer organic with BioBizz calmag. PhD to 6.2 - 6.5.
Temps 74-78 lights on, about 10(f) degree drop lights off.
My humidity is a joke though sitting regularly at 65%.
Almost every grow I’ve done as been around that during flower though and I cope.

:v:

2 Likes

This is Banana Jealousy from Seedsman.

I firmly believe this is a phosphorus deficiency in my case. I’m not sure about yours. It’s worth noting that P may be deficient despite having adequate soil levels available—if nitrogen, magnesium, or zinc is also deficient.

When the light comes on in about 3 hours, I’ll see if there’s any improvement with the soluble drench she received, including all of those inputs.

2 Likes

This is what I was going to speculate too - a root pathogen.

If that’s what it is, watch your runoff water because it can spread via the runoff.

I’d also bleach the room. Especially anywhere runoff water touched. But also walls and filters (or at least pre-filter), etc.

You can try a hypochlorous acid spray of the plant to see if that helps but if it’s a root pathogen you probably need to treat the water. Even that may not save it.

I dealt with something kind of similar to this once and I could never figure out a way to 100% eliminate it in the infected plants. I has to ditch them. I was able to get clones from a healthy part of the plant. Then I dipped them in a HOCL solution. And that worked. The clones grew into healthy mothers again.

1 Like

The leaf and plant in the back right looks like P deficiency to me. Those other ones look like they got a little fried.

1 Like

The back left definitely just got bigger than the others and I’ve just been feeding them all the same, i havnt really had any time to dedicate to them this grow unfortunately, so they’ve definitely suffered. Something to keep an eye on if I grow these again.

The leaf is actually from the front left, the back two havnt shown any crispy or brown spots like the front two have.

:v:

1 Like

If you are using an organic soil and have runoff, I think you have bigger problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

The issue was indeed a phosphorus deficiency from what I can tell. A few days after applying a soil drench of the bone meal etc, she stopped deteriorating. That’s not to say she doesn’t look like she’s seen better days, but at least it stopped spreading. She should only have 2 or 3 weeks left.

This is Banana Jealousy (Seedsman)

5 Likes

Glad you got it figured out! Also happy I was on the right track in my assuming it was a deficiency. I often struggle with identifying plant issues but have been getting better over the last few years.

4 Likes