Bubble hash bags?

Hey there everyone…gonna start off by saying thanks to anyone who participates in this discussion. So, Im looking to get me a bubble hash setup. Looking for recommendations. What brand bags are the best value? How many bags? Should i get a small washing machine? Those are my main 3 questions. But, I am definitely open to any advice on techniques and tips about the whole process. Somebody school me!

3 Likes

I dont know much… but what I do know is DO NOT get the 1 gallon bags. They work but the suck ass

3 Likes

from what I’ve seen and heard yes to the mini washer.

I have The 5 gallon bubble dude bags but only made bubble once.

I’ve used the 160 about 5-6 times for dry ice. It has been holding up nicely with no tears.

5 Likes

Also, another thing im interested in is what mini washer are you guys using. Seems crazy to pay 140 for a mini washer because it has a cannabis name brand on it. Im sure there is a cheap option on amazon?

2 Likes

Are you using the 160 bag to make dry sift?

1 Like

Best Value I do not know but I can vouch for the quality of Boldt Bags. They are expensive but they are quality. I do not regret my purchase whatsoever.

How many bags? Get a full 8 bag set. Some of the most important contaminant catch bags do not come with 3-4 bag systems.

Washing machine? It’s not a necessity unless you are making hash all the time but if the budget will allow it then go ahead and treat yourself.

2 Likes

What are the most important micron bag numbers in your opinion?

2 Likes

With dry ice yes! Just crush dry ice and shake it. I do the first shake gentle to get what I call the best. Then shake it till it’s green.

There’s a cheap washer on amazon for $60. Safeway brand maybe Iirc and they’re all 5-7 gallon machines.

4 Likes

It depends what your goals are but the 160 and 190 are very important for catching contaminant and they are usually not included in 3-4 bag kits. You will never get full melt without them.

2 Likes

I personally will not make bubble without the washing machine anymore. Takes the mess and guess work out of it for me.
I do NOT use the 220 Micron “wash” bag, but put material straight into the machine.

You do not need to buy a special machine, any decent machine will work, like this one:

I have 3 sets of bags, 2 el cheapo sets, one nice set form Bubble Man, his Bubble Bags, 5 gallon size. The Bubble Bags will pull 25 % more than my cheap bags, no longer use them at all. They feel better, fit MUCH BETTER over the 5 gallon buckets, and have held up perfectly. I wash them in alcohol after every run with them, they are like new with 50 runs or more on them.

I am a snob, have so much Bud to make the Hash with, I am picky on what I keep. Like I said I do not use the wash bag in the machine, just throw material in it.

I have an 8 bag set, but never use them all. FOR ME…i do it this way, and I KNOW I leave some bubble, but do not care as I only want “full melt”

Material into the machine. 1st bag in is my 45, then my 73, then 160, finally 220 to catch the shit. I throw away the 220 and the 160 too, only keeping the 73/45 bags, both pretty much full melty.

SOME bud the 160 is good…SOME…SOME Bud the 25 is good…SOME. Changes by the Buds you use.

If I were to buy bags again , and since I use the “machine” to agitate with, I would only get a 160 / 73/ 45 and that would be it.

Without a machine, you will need a 220 or so “work Bag” to work it in. IF you have machine, nope.

as always…JMHO…

9 Likes

Look up Frenchy Cannoli on YouTube. Watch his 1 hour 38 min video. He explains hash making (water and ice) to the T.

5 Likes

I agree completely @Jetdro the Bubbleman bags are worth the extra cost. And the washer makes life easier, especially with fresh froze material because there is usually more of it.

3 Likes

I have an el cheapo 5 gallon 8 bag vivosun set. I don’t use all 8 bags but I like having options. The best? No. But it works just fine.

Never used the washing machine I expect I makes the process that much more pleasant.

3 Likes

Washer = yes, don’t pay more than 100 for sure… i think they’re closer to 50 on amazon. I got lucky & was given a washer & set of used bags on top of my own set.

First set was cheap 3 bag set “grow” no name brand, canvas & rubber. Do not recommend. Rubber deteriorated, material frayed, etc.

2nd/current set, “Bubble Magic” 8 bag set, black pvc/vinyl, holding up better but still have a seam repair needed on one bag after 20+ uses.

Part of the “luxury” of an 8 bag set let’s you do a sample test run & see where that batch’s trichomes are hanging out & what you like the most. It’s a hassle but allows you to see different plants have different resin heads.

I’ve had some good 25micron but hardly ever, 75-90 or 75-125 is always the ‘money’ for nice bubble, & this year I’m using the laziest method ever with 190, 75, & 45. The 75-190 is great with this stuff & the 45 is going into my alcohol jar. Continuously. :smile: :honey_pot:

I put a 5 gallon bucket with (too much) weed & water & some ice on top to hold the weed down initially & let it sit for 2 weeks before I did my first batch. :thumbsup: :hourglass_flowing_sand: This pre-soaking really seems to help a bit.

I did hand stirred for the first 4-5 washes & kept it in the fridge for another week & then used the washer(no bag, just cold water, weed & ice). Drain the hose into a CLEAN (AF) bucket until it clogs, then invert/dump it all into the bucket. Rinse washer slightly with (showerhead in my case) into bucket. In my case also, this bucket be chillin in the bathtub for spill control. :grin: :shower: Next put the work(190), 75, & 45 on UPSIDE DOWN on to the bucket, & very snug with the first one or you will cry watching hash go down the drain like I did that one time. :unamused:

Then manly man that mfer & invert it into ANOTHER clean bucket if you want to keep the funk water for fertilizer use or whatever or just down the drain (like a savage/homer).

Remove work bag & material to another bucket for re-use/whatever.

Rinse the 2 bags & collect with a spoon(gently, don’t fuck up your bag).

Place on to pre-moistened/dampened white coffee filter, on top of a few folded paper towels. It will wick away that moisture quick & after a few hours you can smoke it.

Always have more ice than you think you’ll need.

& like Frenchy says, don’t do it when you’re in a hurry. do it with plenty of time & patience.

And alcohol to clean the bags when you’re done. No, not :beers: :wine_glass:, isopropyl/rubbing alcohol. (@Esrgood4u how is it that alcohol leads to rubbing but not rubbing alcohol? :thinking: :laughing: :hugging:)

Dirty bags get clogged & if you have a big batch it means scraping resin with your fingertips in freezing cold water. Like I did the other day. :sweat_smile:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: washi-washi

5 Likes

Ha ha :rofl:. Yeah alcohol turns even the nicest person into a complete wanker :laughing:

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the “all mesh” bags? I have the regular ones, but the all mesh bags interest me.

4 Likes

I have the all mesh bubble bag dude ones. They’re good for the price. If you use them in the bucket your in for a pain in the ass adventure. They don’t stick to the sides of the buckets. I got my self a $45 mini washer off eBay last year and it made everything so easier.

5 Likes