Expensive bubble bags worth it?

I got a set of 5 cheapo bags on amazon, I’m wondering how much better the more expensive bags really are.

I’m looking at this set ICExtract Bag Singles and Kits 5Gal V3 - ICExtract

I called them because there is little to no info about why these bags cost so much, and the rep on the phone told me they use 100% accurately sized polyester mesh that doesn’t mold, made in USA with HQ materials, lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.

Anybody use these and can say they are definitely worth it?

What don’t you like about your cheap ones? I was wondering if it’s worth to buy some.

1 Like

Never seen nor used those…but have an el cheapo set and a good set from Bubbleman. I no longer use the cheap set…the “nice” set works much , much better. Easier to use, returns more, easier to clean.

4 Likes

There seems to be a lot of heads that get caught in the nylon, I have to do a ‘cleaning wash’ to get them out and even then there is still stuff stuck in there.

I did a run, then i took the same water without adding any more plant material and ran it through the bags again, and got some heads in the bag, not a lot but enough to make me wonder how much is getting through and being wasted.

Also from reviews and info on the internet the cheaper bags don’t hold up over time, they are good for 30-50 washes then they start coming apart, ripped canvas, colored fibers in the hash, etc.

3 Likes

I don’t have firsthand experience but from what I’ve been told the cheaper bags have a tendency to release little fibers from the mesh. It might not be a lot, but I didn’t want to risk contaminants so I bought more expensive bags for my first bubble run.

There’s also reports of a lot of quality control issues from the knockoffs. Make sure to read the worst reviews in case they’ve spammed fake reviews to bury the bad.

4 Likes

Cheap ones are typically really tight on the buckets, hard to put on and take off, do not clean up near as well, and leave 20 % of your goods in the water. My 1st run back to back with the Bubble Bags and the cheapies…was eye opening. They have not been used since.

9 Likes

if you can afford the quality GET them. cheapos last a year tops.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I also have to agree bubbleman bags are proven to last , had a cheap set and sold them once I realized that quality makes a difference on the returns!

3 Likes

You get what you pay for.

5 Likes

Those icextract bags look bootleg. Would definitely suggest a higher quality.

1 Like

id pass on the cheapies, theyre more pain than theyre worth.

2 Likes

These are supposed to be an improvement on Marc’s bags. They are double the price.

Saw a post that said cup winner was using these, they could be bootleg IDK don’t believe everything you read online.

We’ll find out, I ordered the 8 5gal bag set. Got haze and widow clones almost ready to come down.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe they’re legit than. I hadn’t heard of em,
This is what threw me off. I figured if they’re selling a ten dollar spoon they’re probably inflating the price of the rest of their products.

Maybe there’s a bunch of spoons and these guys are just bad at descriptions.

1 Like

another trickle down effect of SF housing costs, $10 spoons :smile:

1 Like

These are the ones I’ve been looking at. Not this whole 8 bag kit, probably just 3. They’ve got the normal bottom filter bags for significantly cheaper too tho.

https://boldtbags.com/product/frenchy-full-mesh-5-gallon-single-bag/

3 Likes

I was looking at those too, I like that they are full mesh. I watched his videos great info in those.

The icextract hashtag on instagram looks legit and they have a bunch of positive reviews on a search of the googles.

1 Like

I’ve had bubble bags for 10 years , if you wash them and dry them after each use and keep out of the sun they last a realy long time. I’m much more into dry seive and press myself though maintains much for flavor.

4 Likes