Bubble Milk #6 F2 - Grow & Show - A contest with prizes

@DirtySlowToes still gotta figure some stuff out but cause I’m getting a lot of males back with farmer freeman results ok I’m in

4 Likes

I am very in, if you’ll have me @Ris - I’ll drop them right away too :green_heart:

3 Likes

since my last nightmare with males ive been under the impression that i heard subcool talk about germ temperatures to promote more males to females upon germination like if he eould hunt for a male he’d germinate at X degrees, been trying to dig more into the subject but ive been going nowhere so far

2 Likes

In reality it’s been almost 50/50 split so far just more than I was hoping for. My quicker growing plants did all tend to be male so maybe that would be because the males want to be taller than the females to spread their pollen more if looking at it from a natural selection type of survival mechanism. Would be interested to read more if you find it. That’s also the case with a bunch of reptiles with gators and crocs being a prime example. The temps during incubation in the egg will have an effect on the outcome of the gender. Years were is hotter or colder will have more males or females depending which way the temps lean that year. I don’t remember which is which offhand.

2 Likes

I tested this a while back and I did get a higher female ratio but I only tested it a couple times so i wouldnt be confident in say it does work for sure.

@BasementGardens - happy to have you

5 Likes

Careful the context where this is said :smirk:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@amumayuk Temperature-dependent sex determination in alligators linked to survival, UGA research suggests - UGA Research News

3 Likes

@Ris arrived well. Thank you!

12 Likes

I received mine too, thank you very much!!!
Happy days!!!
:green_heart: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Maybe a November finish date for this? :eyes: How does that feel for everyone. Interest still here? Gardens still alive?

I’m thinking of a mid June start for myself

2 Likes

How does June 10th sound? its my moms birthday that day lol

8 Likes

That sounds good to me :+1:
June 10th gives a decent amount of time to make space.

I’m signed up, and this is my first time having the pleasure of participating in an event like this. Looking forward to seeing how everyone does! I’m excited to be along for the ride. And maybe I’ll win a consolation prize for “Worst Looking, but Hey It’s Still Technically a Plant.” :rofl: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

@Ris I still need a pack of beans, I forgot to message you sooner.

Should I still send you my details? Hopefully there’s enough time between now and June 10, but the way USPS has been lately it’s a crap shoot.

3 Likes

Absolutely

4 Likes

@Ris Is there still time to sign up? I’m a beginner grower, but I can try my best to get something good! I’m from Brazil, I can grow it in approximately 1 month.

4 Likes

Same boat as @VisionGrower. Fairly new to OG but would be cool to get involved, let me know!!

5 Likes

Sounds good :+1: u can tell ur mom a bunch of ur friends are planting “trees” in her honor for her birthday :laughing:

6 Likes

Anyone have links of any already completed grow logs?

Assuming these are reg seeds?

3 Likes

They are regs. I think @VAkish grew some but I’m not quite sure if it’s the same #6 ris has.

Edit: pretty sure they are the same. Perhaps he will chime in

6 Likes