Bubblegumball5000 Seed Run

I’ve got a bunch of seeds from the 90s I plan to give everything I’ve got to get sprouted when I have the time and room. Total mystery, mostly brick weed and I don’t care if it is. 90s random genetics meets modern grow standards sounds like some fun.

6 Likes

That does sound like fun

1 Like

And I wish I had the seeds from the high mids we used to get in the early 00’s. Such fire

3 Likes

I don’t do the whole “seed soaking” thing, I just plant my seeds right in my soil. But if you do and if you don’t know, I’ve read that adding a little fulvic to the water you use to soak can increase germination rates. Just a thought…

6 Likes

I usually just do the wet paper towel deal but fulvic was mentioned somewhere in relation to popping older beans in a thread here. You feel like right in the soil gives you any better results or is it a case of if it isn’t broke don’t fix it?

1 Like

I would throw $20 into the pool if we hunted threw these. https://seedsherenow.com/shop/hybrid/csi-humboldt-bubblegum-s1-feminized/

2 Likes

Ehh… I just feel like all that other stuff isn’t necessary. For newer beans. I feel like, with all of the life in my soil and stuff, letting them crack right in there and start developing a relationship with the microlife in the dirt ASAP is the best and easiest way to go. It just seems more natural to me. Although it’s definitely a bitch resisting the urge to kind of dig in there and see, like,”Are they sprouting??! What’s going on???” You just gotta be patient.

I planted five of Doc D’s Mexican Melons on May 1 and they took five days to break dirt. Most everything else I planted was up in three or four days max, so I started getting all nervous. Even DM’d somebody here, like,”I dunno, man… These Doc D beans… Maybe they’re not gonna sprout… sniffle…” haha. But the morning of day five, they were all up.

For older beans, though, you may wanna think about a little fulvic in the water you use to soak the paper towels, if you’re gonna go that route. That may help. I think with older beans, the paper towel thing would probably be preferable, just to be certain about viability. I’ve seen some people online, sprouting older seeds right in the dirt, it took them like three weeks to finally break through. There’s no way I could wait that long. If they’re not up in one week, I toss it and start over. But that rarely happens with newer seeds.

I’ve also read that really old seeds should be kept at higher temps during germination. Like between 90 and 100 degrees. So that may be something you wanna look in to. I dunno.

1 Like

I just soak 24 hours then straight into coco hydrated with jacks 321 at full strength works really well and if a seed doesn’t pop well then I blame the seed as I have more sprout than not in just a few days after planting

3 Likes

I say these, 25% of the f2’s will have the abc mutation… 6% will be an abc bubblegum, which would be wicked and unique to have for us. It would just require a secondary grow to find which ones to breed, abc structure and bubblegum buds. Get like 4 packs and hunt the most bubblegum scented to breed with.

4 Likes

I bought his Lemon Eyes today. Id like to try his Gummy Trail but i have a hard time justifying $150/6 seeds when I have so much inventory already. Already dropped $280

2 Likes

Almost any bubbl3gum strain looks exotic! I’m wanting to gain experience then grow something like that. I’m wanting to follow along for the journey to see how it’ll play out. Very cool process to see those BubbleGum genetics :dna: becoming revived again. seems like a lot of you are wanting to make it happen. OG surely is unique.

3 Likes

That’s…very logical, and refreshing!

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve got a couple of these beanz if these would be of use I could certainly part with them if would benefit in this grow!

1 Like

@Art_Vandelay
Super kind offer! But unless something doesn’t come through I just don’t have space In this run. But (I think) we have 5 good lines represented. We will see what makes the cut and gets to make baby gumballs.

If something changes I will let you know.
(Yours can be on deck)

Otherwise maybe @anon71563794 can run em?

4 Likes

I believe that THseeds’ version is the actual Indiana bubblegum - they and one other breeder ( Serious Seeds- maybe.?!.) were each given/sold/whatever a clone each from the Original clone of I.B’gum. ?!

Good project for preserving the Bubblegum genetics for us that haven’t yet smoked/grown any … :facepunch:

Good luck with this one peeps …!

Gaz

3 Likes

:facepunch: back at ya! Let it rain bubblegumdrops!

5 Likes

Sorry can’t full with TK till @Oldtimerunderground and I can sync up some pollen.But I am loving the group co-op style grows I have been seeing lately. I have 20 bucks for the pool and I can keep looking for solid lines

5 Likes

What will the plan for distribution be after, once you’ve developed a great genetics of bubblegum? Compensation to the contributors and for sure yourself first @Dirtron . Or are you still developing a plan for how you’ll execute the process?

5 Likes

Baby gum balls…gonna leave that one alone

2 Likes