Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

I’m gonna jump aboard and come along, for the ride, as well :v:t4:

9 Likes

5 Likes

I got asked how one could use theses beans, in DM, and I thought it would be good to copy my answer here.

“Infinite possibilities. This batch of seeds is a stepping stone toward a homozygous genotype. I have yet to test them but judging from the very close similarities of the parent stalk, I expect fairly uniform expression in phenotypes. After a few more filial generations, I hope to have all the major alleles matched up and hopefully all seeds coming out as the same thing, a true P1 or IBL if you will.
These seeds would go well crossed into themselves, to do the same thing I’m doing. Also because they are such pure Afghani ( indica) they would probably do some cool things when bumped into a sativa dom genotype. Get some hybrid vigor going. Also if you have a polyhybrid that you keep that came from a pack with 5 different phenotypes it could be used to help get uniformity and possibly help tame inter sex traits in that keepers offspring. For the same reasons they could work good for the pollen donor in a back cross project with a cut you like and want to make in seed form.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and follow your intuition. There is no right or wrong really. It’s your show and you can do whatever you want. Happy chucking!:peace_symbol:

40 Likes

Well said. Looking forward to the work bud! It makes me happy to see generational work. :ok_hand::sunglasses::popcorn:

6 Likes

Well I’ve finally got to popping the LA Affie #9 x Afghan Hash Plant F1s to start on my P1 mission. Early days still, but I’m happy with them so far.:peace_symbol:

56 Likes

Nice project and selections @Budderton. Coincidentally, I was looking for some Afghani reading last night and found your thread. You interested in a trade for a pack of these?

4 Likes

Nice looking afghans!!

3 Likes

Here’s a couple pics that demonstrate the differences in pheno selection. The seedlings from two different LA Affie females, pollinated with the same pollen. The plan is to run parallel lines to bump into each other down the road, if need be. The A11 was a painfully slow vegger, and a dwarf, but had the nicest quantity bud( of course!) As you can see, this trait has be passed to 100% of her offspring. Basically the same number of Leafs, only smaller. Might be good for cab grows. I’m hoping for 25% normal veggers in the f2s but we’ll see.:thinking:
On a side note, the A9s are vegging as fast or faster then 13 other genomes I’m going through this hunt( not counting the autos I’m trying for the first time) and are looking like clones while in veg.The A11s are quite uniform as well, only varying in hight.:grin::peace_symbol:

42 Likes

So just looking at the physical traits for selection here? Are you going to chuck with only one male or multiple males? If you chuck with multiple males, won’t only the dominant genes express themselves, and if the runts are the better smokes, won’t that end the runt line and only create the stronger growing plants?

Just curious as to your thoughts on the matter, the plants look super healthy. Much love

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

One this project I’m selecting for structure and terp profile on the A9 line and for quality of bud on the A11 line. Still haven’t decided how many males vs females I’m going to use for the f2s of each line. Have to grow them out and evaluate. I plan on keeping the two lines seperate for several generations. They may meet up after f5 or so, once I see what comes out. Hope that answers your questions @Dr.VitaminGreen .:grin::peace_symbol:

19 Likes

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I’m interested to follow along and see what you decide with the males. The future growers of the world will be blessed with all of the knowledge these grassroots movements have gathered through triAl and effort

6 Likes

Love this! Absolutely definitely down for this show!

6 Likes

This tray of hurtin seedlings kinda looks like a tray of hurtin clones.:grin: The A9s have been in solos for far too long, stepping up today. I am pleased with the uniformity of these so far, we’ll see how they flower out.:grin::peace_symbol:

48 Likes

Bloody awesome mate :clap: such a great project, and the uniformity of those seedlings is insane :ok_hand: I’ll definitely be following, looking forward to seeing some flowers down the track :+1: peace brother :v:

7 Likes

Thanks man. Being an F1, you’d expect them to be fairly uniform, but these are pretty tight so far. We’ll see how they flower. I’ll have to wait to see how uniform the F2s come out to try and figure out how homozygous these really are. :grin::peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Definitely watching these! Looks awesome :clap:

4 Likes

Thanks @Emeraldgreen .

4 Likes

Huddled together like a pack of penguins during a raging storm are the A9s. :penguin::grin: Sorting sexes and then they’ll get spread back out, vegged for 4-5 days, and then flipped to flower. :grin::peace_symbol:

47 Likes

Crazy how similar they are, that’s not even uniform that’s damn near identical from what I can see. Really looking forward to this one!

10 Likes

I’m going to second that. Looks fantastic

8 Likes