Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

Yeah, I figure there’s no point in doing too much selecting this round. I’m going to mix all of the males pollen together and use it on the lowers of every female to try and get as much diversity as I can into the F2s. Once I sample the females I’ll keep the seeds of the ones that fit my ideals .The F2s are where I should see some different pheno clusters and I’ll be able to narrow things down a bit more then.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with from them @TopShelfTrees1 . :grin::peace_symbol:

21 Likes

High Budderton

I just received a tester pack of yours in the drop box and found you here so read thru the thread to see what you’re doing.

I’m basically just starting to work on the same thing myself after pollen chucking for 20 years. Kind of focusing on a strain called Cherry Noir from some clones a friend sent me last Oct. Two each from different mothers. He sent some of the bud he grew from it and it’s really different so I think more would be good. The originals are close to being cropped and tho not good at it I can tell there are differences between the two from stem rubbings and now the scents from the almost ripe buds from just a touch. He and a buddy paid over $500 for the original fem seeds and I’ll be making more soon with F1s and S1s of each using STS to get my pollen.

I’m not sure when or if I’ll be growing yours out but will be watching your thread for more ideas how to proceed with my project(s).

:peace:

15 Likes

Right on @LabRat . If I was to offer any humble advice, it would be that you sample the finished flower repeatedly over a bit of time and make sure it’s something you really like. It should to be worth the all time and resources your gonna put into it.
Best of luck with your selections.

22 Likes

These seedling look very nicely uniform. Not easy to achieve. :+1:
:robot:

Edit: even more so in the next few pics. And as many have said, really killer uniformity from a seed-lot.

7 Likes

DIBS!!!" Sorry, think I’m too early. @Budderton, you’re doing an E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T job, simply masterful!!! One can gather knowledge galore following your musings. OG is better for having you here, Bro!! SS/BW, continued success…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

I think a lot of us are thinking the same thing :joy:

11 Likes

Thanks @Dirtron . The AHP from Barneys was a natural fit for a pollen donor. The females finished liked clones.
The real test of homozygous will be in the f2s. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::grin:

14 Likes

Thanks for the words @misterbee , I appreciate them and you for being a role model of generosity on OG.
And if everything checks out, there’ll be plenty of f2s to go around for sure!:grin::peace_symbol:

15 Likes

I was cleaning lowers, getting ready for flower, so I thought I’d shuck the big fans and tuck a few, to get a couple pics that show the branching structure on a typical A9. I’m sure the side branching would have been more robust if I didn’t have the plants jammed together for pheno hunting purposes.:grin::peace_symbol:

32 Likes

They look $&%<€ awesome!

5 Likes

A pollen donor for F2s.

Bagged up and ready for collection in 2-3weeks.

Females are 8-10 days into flower. Almost no stretch and just starting to form some flowers.

If everything keeps checking out, should be pollinating in two and a half to three weeks. :crossed_fingers::grin::peace_symbol:

41 Likes

Cooking along. Some differences in internode spacing after flip but generally the morphology is similar. No pronounced terpenes yet.

41 Likes

Healthy and nice looking plants :upside_down_face: :seedling: ther will be fire in those genetics :pray: :dizzy:

4 Likes

Thanks @Faithisyours . Time will tell about the fire. I’m more interested in uniformity with theses ones though. :grin::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

WOW I can’t explain how fascinating it was to run into this thread. Caught up in just a few minutes. I want to commend you on such lovely and uniform plants.
As a fan of a true Afghani and pure Indicas, I’m intrigued to the end! Maybe one day I can follow this game plan and find me a perfect Afghani that checks all of my boxes. From the group I have, I should be able to do some fine searching.

12 Likes

Thanks for your words @Indoornesian . If they continue to display gender reassuredness (thank you @Gizmo :grin:) I’ll be doing pollinations, to go to F2 , in the next week or so. My end goal is to have something half assed homozygous that I can then use to make proper F1s .:grin::peace_symbol:

15 Likes

A pre-pollination update:
The A9s have finished stretching and are starting to make flower.

Very little stretch to these guys. The A9 (crudely circled in red) and the SFV OG next to it where basically the same hight at flip.

And the dwarf A 11 companion line for comparison. Almost zero stretch, with near the same size flowers (or fatter) but leafier.

:grin::peace_symbol:

50 Likes

Simply awesome mate :ok_hand: what does the a9 stand for? Keep up the amazing work mate, :clap:

3 Likes

LA Affie #9 x AHP

Edit. @Cranio if you read the first post again, @Budderton explains the project eloquently. I love the first post so much I wish I could heart it twice :heart: lol

22 Likes

I get all excited when @Budderton posts updates on this project. I can’t wait to watch these flower. Looking awesome man!

8 Likes