Bug identification

Anyone know what these flying bastards are? My basement seems to be infested with them.

1 Like

Can you get a couple on a white paper or something non reflective kind of hard to make anything out

I tried a video but it moves way too fast.

2 Likes

Kinda looks like a fungus gnat

3 Likes

I uploaded a better video sorry I used the wrong one initially. @DesertHeartGardens

I believe those are called cluster flies. They’re harmless and mostly annoying. They are probably drawn to your basement due to higher humidity levels.

Vacuuming them up is the easiest way of removal.

I stand corrected after seeing the video.
Those are called Phorid flies.

1 Like

This makes sense. It’s like 70% RH down there. However they don’t look like a cluster fly when I Google it.

Yea I was gonna say the same thing looks like gnats.

I released lady bugs in the tent. If they were gnats wouldn’t last bugs eat them?

1 Like

Not sure I think lady bugs are more for aphids.

1 Like

Definitely fungus gnats. Use yellow sticky paper, nematodes, predator mites, or all of the above.

3 Likes

Looks like fungus gnats to me also. Comes from packaged soil.

1 Like

My last bag o earthworm castings carried gnat larvae! Mfrs !!! Its all outdoor garden soil now!

Looks like I’ll be using mosquito dunks for the next few rounds of watering.

1 Like

add a lil molasses to your nutes they get stuck in it and die :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

My whole house is infested with no see-ums this fall. I don’t have anything growing right now. They are coming in droves from the tiny gap in the sliding screen door. Stupid things get up your nose and in your mouth as they are attracted to the glow from my laptop.

:rofl: :green_heart:

6 Likes

What i wanna know is how do you get your laptop in your nose and mouth.

3 Likes

Pretty Sure it start off like this… :wink:

2 Likes

Have I told you lately I love you🤣
You guy are great.

:green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Im just glad you can take a little cuttin up. You and @Bobgrows are two of the coolest ladies i know.

3 Likes