Building an LED fixture? Read this thread!

I’m not far off being as weird and my lights not even done. In the process of ordering another 2x2700k and 4xred/blue strips

Ya know to take care of that gap in the centre that’s gonna destroy any par mapping lol.

Weird is good @ReikoX never change

2 Likes

Watch out for the purple Orange :slight_smile: It stretches like crazy! I switch them when they had around 25cm (10inches) and they stratched to 1m! (40 inches) in Just three weeks. Today is my day 26 and they are still stretching a bit :smiley: Good luck! :slight_smile: Looking great.

How highs your light bro?

I always kept it around 40-50cm above tops and I waited till they were around 20cm above and then I had to raise it. The other strain (OG kush CBD)) that is in the tent didnt streched as much :slight_smile: Only the purple Orange… Check my grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

is that with your strips. They’re supposed to sit at 12 inches I’m sure (30cm) can’t dispute your girls are looking good but your height of light may be what’s causing stretch bro. What cct you got going on in there

1 Like

eh fellow Canadian I have a question maybe you can help me out with. Bring in or ordering led boards or lights do I have to worry about customs ? I have an opportunity to get in on a group buy on of led samsung boards. they will all be ship to one person in USA and then sent from there to me in Canada. not sure on duty or any other charges at boarder. thought you may have idea

1 Like

Yeah I would like Have the Light 30cm above my tops but when I do that then my Light spread isnt optimal and some buds on the side are in the dark :-/

fuck those narrow led Lights :-/ finaly we have got the oportunity to Have big area Light with many led chips all around and they do it that small :smiley: I cant wait to make my own solstrip Light which will cover my whole area :slight_smile: I am planing to make 480w Light with 14 solstrips that will be 90x90cm big on aluminium sheet :slight_smile: And bigger box ofcourse :smiley:

Keep growing! :muscle:

1 Like

If your light spread isn’t optimal at 30cm bro your light isn’t optimal. Solstrips lose about 50% efficiency every 6 inches above 12 inches raised. Basically meaning youre wasting energy. At least you know that’s gonna be what’s causing the stretch now. I look forward to seeing what you do with your space bro

1 Like

Yeah I dont have solstrips now :smiley: that is the KINDLED 600W Light system from manufacture. Next Light will be solstrips and I also ordered those Red/blue strips for better photosynthesis. Will see the the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just ordered some of the red/blue too and 2 2700k to add to my light. Once I’ve got my cobs in order and wires on mines going in

Wow. You will Have some ultra great Light in there :slight_smile: sound like a dream for the plants. Gl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure where you are what customs are like but US to UK we pay 20% duty our end on receipt. If you have an equivalent to value added tax or import duty check the percentage and work out the maximum you will pay on that order. B420 will mark the customs form down so you save a bit. He’s a good guy like that.

@anon58740919 in Canada :canada: there is a group buy on Q boards. They will be shipped to USA Then shipping from USA to me in Canada. So not sure if they will charge me duty or not. Thxs for your reply
@legalcanada can you maybe help me out with this.

1 Like

Brother q boards are like gold dust to get. Never in stock. Hit @baudelaire up for solstrips. At least you can augment your spectrum to suit then. QB’s are outdated with not the best light spread nowadays. Baudelaire will hook you up on a bulk buy. Absolute pleasure to deal with. And started for the community not the cash. Ethics are good in this game. Whatever you decide tag me in a thread when you’re growing with them please brother.

Seems you have a very similar setup to us. Even down to centimeters and millimetres bro. How much is duty in Canada as standard on a product

We are ordering over 100 directly from manufacturers and can mix and match spectrum we want. Thxs bro

1 Like

I’ve just bought 100 strips and sinks off b420. Out of curiosity what you paying for the QB’s bro

Final price not in but think it will be 22-24 $$ USA then shipping from USA TO CANADA

1 Like

You sure they’re using legit chips bro. There’s a few Chinese that are palming off sub par diodes on products. Be careful wherever you end up buying. The pool idea is good to keep costs down. I love a community effort. Is it via OG?

No it’s another group I’m with and this will be the second group buy and chips where not knock offs and coming from same supplier, so should be good. But Thxs for heads up bro

1 Like