Bunker!? Why not?

I’ve been thinking- moderately painful he he

I see so many people wanting to build barnlike structures Above ground. Why aren’t bunkers a bigger thing? In commercial settings I mean maybe… And rich people lol

How much do you think something like this would cost? The structure With plumbing and Electrical.

I know it’s significantly more than the Pole barn. But I’m more curious what’s the cost difference. It just seems that a bunker is a much better way to control environment. I love growing in my basement.

5 Likes

I have an “overactive” memory and you just reminded me of a video I saw when YouTube was young. A guy walking through a large backyard walks over to a landscaping rock and lifts it up like a hatch and there’s a weed batcave down there. Wish I had a basement. :weary:

5 Likes

Buried old shipping containers and heard of people getting reefer trailers cheep enough to make it work.

8 Likes

Stoner moment. Forgot to put the link.

4 Likes

See that sounds awesome

1 Like

Do you mean this one?

Also check out this one:

6 Likes

Exactly! I just couldn’t forget that rock because I think we all said to ourselves that if we ever won the lottery, that’s what we would do. Think about it now with LED and better motors on pumps and fans, maybe some solar panels. I happened to be in Douglas, AZ right after they found the El Chapo tunnel under the border. The US side with the huge hydraulic lift was for a pool table that sat on top of that platform. It was a business that never did any “business” but had people hanging out in this lush living room area. I was also taken into the vault at the police department in the chief of police’s office where there were kilos on top of pounds to the ceiling of marijuana seized at the border and it smelled wonderful, but that’s a long story.

1 Like

Thats crazy. Wow… baked af and read this… el chapos tunnel??!

1 Like

This would be, I think, the first tunnel he worked on. He made several others in AZ and CA and that’s how he had the people get right to work when they tunneled him out of prison. That one even had a motorcycle powered train cart. This tunnel ran from the house directly across the border to that shed which was blue or green at the time. I have an unusual memory and I was given a tour of the facility by an Officer Tattaglia Douglas PD which stuck because of The Godfather. For reasons completely unknown to me, we were in the police station in Douglas and he walked me back to a locked office that belonged to the chief of police and over to a huge blue steel door there in the office. I could smell the weed when we walked back to the offices and it was loud in that chief’s office. I don’t understand how he could even tolerate that smell unless he was enjoying it. That vault was about 6 ft wide 8ft tall and I could not see how far back it went because it was full of bags and suitcases and boxes full of marijuana. 500lbs at least. No tags or evidence stickers, no organization of it at all. Got dropped off at the Seward Hotel and immediately got high.