Il-legal Grow-Op Busts

20 minutes east of me.How they ever thought they would go unseen is beyond me lol

17 Likes

You always see these massive operations and you always think you know if it was 1/100th the size you’d still make an enormous amount of money and you’d still be running.

12 Likes

Yep agreed Vernal.Back in 2000 where i grew up north ,30minutes south of me they raided a farm with 19000 plants the OPP said it was noticeable in plane from the air miles away lol…

6 Likes

12,000 plants, holy shit. More like corn hidden in a pot field.

5 Likes

Like damn bro 50lbs not enough every season? All the drones, helicopters, planes, shit even google earth.

6 Likes

No kidding can make enuf for mynhead and avfewvspecial people thats all i need

4 Likes

I remember 20 years ago all the Big indoor illegal grows were getting popped by passing the hydro meter.like your harvesting 100lbs plus at a time pay your hydro and you have no problem lol

Now the big thing with organized crime and the easy access to med licenses is they are getting families of 4 to get the 494 plant license each, so one house can grow 1986 plants

5 Likes

People don’t pay their water bill?! You can run your hose all month or have a leaky main and not use more than $800. I had a toilet run 24/7 for a month and it was like $100 extra.

3 Likes

No they were bypassing the electrical meter and stealing power.If they had just paid for the power usuage they would have went undetected.

5 Likes

Oh that stuff. Impossible these days with smart meters. Used to be a “victimless crime” like cable descramblers lol. That being said yeah they’re gonna miss a few hundred thousand watts.

5 Likes

Used to be able to slow the wheel down with a magnet paint it gray to blend in with the box lol

8 Likes

My man. My dad showed me how to use a lighter to roll back odometers to sell a car back when that was possible haha. What’s the world coming to?

6 Likes

I used to use an.old meter and put sleves over the prongs plug it in and thef day before the meter readervcame by put the correct meter in they never i had a bunch of new clips that go on the lock part i dont think i paid more that $200-300 for power for over a year

4 Likes

I know technology kinda sux sometimrs

2 Likes

Am I the only that when a bust goes down, wonders what genetics they were running?

5 Likes

Nope i wonder all the time to lol

3 Likes

At least the math kinda adds up… 1200ish CDN per plant?..averaged across little indoors to big corn-scaring trees? :nerd_face:

When ‘smart’ meters were coming in around 2005 I saw a meter reader & asked him if he cared about me messing with the meter(magnet). He said he’d seen ghetto neighborhoods with a salad :fork_and_knife: fork jammed in to stop the meter & others that were just too unsafe. Those would just get a lien on the property every ten years. :astonished: And he was slated to be replaced by a :robot: smart meter in 9 months so he said he didn’t give a $%^&*( what I did to it. :+1: :grin: :zap:

:evergreen_tree: ‘…talkin bout the ghetto…’ :notes:

2 Likes

I remember those days well lol On big grows they did it because the usage would of been an obvious tip off to the power company , who then would notify the pigs. That alone wouldn’t be enough to bust but it put prying eyes on the location and eventually they would acquire what was needed for a warrant.
The smart people just ran many smaller grows instead and had no need to steal power. Which at the time actually carried a stiffer punishment usually then the actual growing.
The other thing that happened was lots of very big grows moved to industrial parks and such. The largest of which I can recall was the old Molson brewery . Now that was ambitious to say the least haha

3 Likes

@anon60559124 you know it bro.Molson Brewery was set up as a live in grow.they had a full time cook and a video game lounge,a stocked bar and lots of jars of bud to smoke.That was a huge kickass operation.

3 Likes