Bunny's Mad Misshapes. (CBD with a sprinkling of other adventures)

With that few male nanners, you can easily monitor them and when you see them open gently collect the pollen / flowers. You can also put a piece of glass or parchment paper under the branch for falling pollen. I was collecting single male flowers with tweezers (do that right over your collecting vessel, plenty of pollen can be shaken out / dropped accidentally). Doesn’t take much pollen to make little ones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A little problem with that. I have oscillating fans in my grow room. Without them the plants would not be happy as they push heat outside of the room also through the door. I have been inspecting the regularly, hope to catch them before they open. I know a little goes a long way but I had some clumpy pollen last time I tried reversing a plant and am a little gun shy. It will all turn out alright (I can feel it), I can feel it. Clicking my heels together.

5 Likes

Lost the plant on the left in the top picture to mold, the other one gave 70 grams, the four plants in the lower picture gave 273g for two plants and 189 for the other strain. The 189 strain had one smaller plant, if it was the size of the other it would (feel stupid saying it) would end up closer to the other plant’s yield. So with the lost plant I ended up with 529 g under about 1000W. Not too shabby considering I did not manage the canopy all that well. And these are Dollar Store light bulbs. Won’t get that for my current run, I threw in some of the plants when they could have taken another month to veg but I did not want to run this bunch deep into winter. So a little over 18.5 oz, My first decent grow getting over a pound. I think that might call for some kind of celebration.

8 Likes

You know those wild and wacky 80’s, Rebel Yell and all that? Well, I helped this waitress move some of her stuff and afterward there was a few people having drinks at my place. I won’t get into details but I found a not on my night table when I came home from work to see her at the bar later, for the next month and a half every day was a happy one. Kind of nagged at me, you know, over a month of good times? A few more weeks and the world righted itself.

Kind of the same feeling today when I found a nanner that, might be a premature sort? Did it sneak one beside me or not? Not really sure but I’ll go with the wishful hoping response. I reversed some of the plants but did not want to cross them, I have pollen for that. And I still have not found my microscope yet, I have two little plants that should come out soon, need the space so one of the big ones can give the other three more breathing room.

Other than that I am baking soil. Picked up a yard from the gardening center, don’t want any pests so running it up to 150 F or more in the oven. Shame it rained the night before I picked it up, would heat up faster otherwise.

3 Likes

Very cool, good to see more CBD being grown. :heart: CBD :heart:

3 Likes

Yoo hoo! After three years of struggling and screwing up myself, bugs, adventures in reversing, I think I may have it. Well at least there was enough fairy dust for me to do a couple of bottom branches. It is not a big plant, but it is a high CBD and I bought beans three times to get where I am now. The soul survivor of a bad idea is almost a dozen now and hopefully in a few months I should have enough seeds to take breaks in growing.

Now if only I can find my microscope (hint, hint, dust fairy).

5 Likes

Doing an overdue trimming of the underbrush. Greenpoint Cherry Wine F2’s looking really good at this time. As soon as I decide two other small plants I have are done (where the heck is my microscope?) I can move one of these into their place and give the other three more room to breath. Either way, I am liking what I see with this plan, my first time trying them.

9 Likes

I would strip everything from the bottom 25 percent of that plant, anything down there is just sucker branches that use a lot of energy and produce nothing worth keeping.

Looks nice and healthy.

4 Likes

I did strip it one I decided which branch to pollinate. I also have a strip of lights hitting the side of the plant about a foot down kind of doing a semi-vertical grow. I would like to put one more light from the sides but I have to build one up. To do that I have to clean off my work bench. Have a guitar clamped to it waiting for me to finish it. The lights might be my motivation to finish it.

5 Likes

Your bench sounds like mine, its got about 4 half finshed projects on it depending if the weather is an inside or outside job for the day and whether I need to go buy something else to finish it lol.

2 Likes

:blush:
I never mentioned the other four on mine, guess it is OK to. It is like looking at an archeological dig. Or just the tools on it tell of which projects they worked on. I am glad it is not only me. I popped a few seeds as testers from a guy on another forum. Also a few pollen chucks I did. I had two containers labeled the same, one with three seeds and one with many. I ran what I though I called Starry CBD but they turned out to be autos so that meant either they were from some ditchweed pollen that mucked up my outdoor plants or there was a recessive auto strain in the two parents I had.

So I am running the three seeds along with the other container that has the same name. If the container seeds turn out to be auto (which I highly expect) they will be trashed, actually same goes with the three. Either way not making a big production of them, hopefully I will end up with CBD seeds I am more confident in before the end of the year.

Confused? So am I, just noting it for future reference.

4 Likes

I finally found a use for these chips tube liners (not going to mention the brand although they are blue in color, darn addictive). Just had a single pod of reversed female, more might come later though. Placed the sealer under the pod and brushed it with the paint brush. It is easy to see the pollen as compared to using parchment paper which was my plan.

6 Likes

Dinafem CBD with Cherry Wine, most likely bag below has the same. The other two could be a reversed Dinafem and a reversed other CBD plant. Mind you, it was my first not very successful reversal and who knows if the Cherry Wine just found its way over there? Will have to grow them out to find out. The Dinafem has a nice citric smell to it and seeing if it jumps over to the Cherry Wine is something I am hoping for.

7 Likes

With the four plants in the closet portion it was getting crowded, moved one to the end and have the three with some more breathing room. But with the added light I stuck on the floor and the room the two fans take, as well as the horizontal lights on the three in the closet, not much room for me to attend them.

11 Likes

It definitely looks crowded in there.

1 Like

Collecting reversed pollen from a few different branches, one was not marked, think it was from the ‘red’ plant (I put different color pipe cleaners on the different plants to mark which is which). Went down to check, yeah must be the one. Then I noticed something. It is a good thing I got up and personal with it.

There was one pod open, hopefully it did not pollute the plants. And while I had some magnifying glasses on, looked at the Dinamed plants. Not much in the way of stickyness yet. A little concerning as it should be a little further on.

4 Likes

The Cherry F2 Dinamed CBD cross, let’s see what these can do.

7 Likes

Looking good. Following!

1 Like

I put some flower in the oven long enough to be absolutely sure it was dry. Then I mix it about 5:1 (flower being the 5) and add some rice to the mix before sealing it in a 2 inch zip lock and that goes into a medicine bottle and in the freezer it goes.

4 Likes

Putting the flower in the oven is a good idea. I have the pollen in a container in the fridge with a desiccant bag in with it. I probably am done collecting pollen and should throw it in the freezer.

6 Likes