Burning leaves

Hey guys! New here. Autoflower white widows. Having this problem… Using Medi one every time I water… 25mls to a gallon of water. I was not PHing the water… The leaves tend to turn yellowish first on my other plants before eventually doing this

12 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You generally always want to ph your water. Unless you have some organic super soil or something along those lines.

I noticed you’re using organic bottled nutrients. Not sure if you’d want chemical ph adjusters with that - but they do sell organic ph adjusting products.

4 Likes

Zinc deficiency maybe? Need to know more about ur setup…

1 Like

My set up is fairly simply - just fox farm happy frog soil, some perlite. For water, it’s been tap water with Medi one, watering til I see runoff. I’ve also been adding U-cann abundant bloom dry amendments as a top dressing. I’ve got 400w LED available, so no problems with light. I feel like the plant should have plenty of nutrients available… That’s why im thinking PH problem… Temps in the tent is average of 26 degrees and 48 percent humidity. It’s important to note that I haven’t PH’d the water prior to today, and I found that it was very acidic… Like in the 5’s… Too low for soil? Today I balanced the PH and watered to runoff with fresh Medi one and the dry amendments…

4 Likes

Welcome aboard
There’s a lot of great info here

It’s definitely a ph issue everything starts to go wrong when ph is off

Peace
Paps

3 Likes

It does look like it could be zinc

I think your best bet is to give a couple more waterings with proper ph and see if it clears up.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! I thought about zinc as well., maybe potassium too? But I’m gonna just give it a few more regular watering and see how she goes! I will update!

3 Likes

Prob just needs less fert

5 Likes

It could be Zinc. Or even Calcium and Potassium. But that doesn’t help OP much.

The likelihood of having a Zinc deficiency is low. Having multiple deficiencies when OP seems to have an abundance of nutrients leads me to believe my previous prognosis is correct.

…pH! Fix that pH and you should see some improvement in the yellowing. As long as it’s not getting any worse you’re on the right track. :+1:

1 Like

I had some problems a couple grows back that looked like yours, it ended up being a pH issue and stopped spreading as soon as it was corrected.
Full disclosure - I grow in DWC.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

2 Likes

You have chlorine in your water? Most of the municipalities that use chlorine used a type that cannot simply be bubbled out. Chlorine is a salt and will kill the microlife in your Fox Farm soil, locking out nutrients as well if it builds to toxic levels.( it does look like salt buildup a bit, or too many nutes) Flush the soil good if you don’t do it on a regular basis.use rain water if you can. Welcome to Overgrow!

2 Likes

Here’s another Pic from the camera I have mounted in the tent (which is sweet by the way!)

I haven’t done anything additional yet, watered to around 10% runoff with ph’d water a couple days ago. Those yellow edges are crispy… The one on the right is getting worse quickly too

What’s the water source. I am too curious now. You can PH that water to your hearts content, but if you kill the bacteria it will constantly rise because of the fertilizer thats just sitting, not breaking down; which if it’s not breaking it down then your plants won’t get the nuits they need either… on top of swinging back forth in PH stressing the plant. I’d say a good dose of silca is in order. Maybe add a little tiny bit of milk to that water and let it sit for 48hrs unsealed (strain before use).

Hope you get her solved. V

1 Like

Welcome @International-Herb, it is looking like pH so far but just a few more questions for you just in case:

What light are you running?
What wattage is it running at?
How high is it off the plants?
What is the size of your space?

1 Like

I’ve got 2 optic 2 Gen 4’s in the tent both running at 50 percent power, so 200 watts of light and they are 18-20 inches off the tops. As far as the water, yeah I’ve been using chlorinated water from the tap lol… However I have since stopped since coming onto this forum, and yesterday I flushed each plant with a few gallons of RO water.

2 Likes

For LED you could run your temps a little higher. I had nutrient deficiency issues because of light toxicity. The issue was to lower temperatures. It took me a while to get my head around why but there is science behind it. (Not Broscience :slight_smile: ) If you have LEDs and think you are giving them a lot of light you need to give them some warmth too.

Yep got cold temps add more leds haha and more plants