Can you help identify my plants problem

I’m growing in coco, using mega crop 2.0 also add cal mag to water at 5ml pee gal. I use tap water set out for 24hrs. Tap is 110ppm. When the promblem started i was feeding at around 1100 ppm 800 mega crop 200 cal mag 110 in the tap. I lowered the mega crop and stopped cal mag but the problem seemed to increase faster.I have no clue I was thinking calcium or mag.

2 Likes

Your flowering lack of n. Every growth spurt they will use a bit more than usual of nitrogen . By the end of flowering you want the plant to use it anyways . Or I do . You don’t want to starve them early on either. I would add some n now . Your not going to fix the damage done though.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t the lack of N just cause plain yellowing? This is yellowing with brown spots and curling edges and are getting crispy also.

1 Like

I’m with @Hugh_Glass on this one. The leaves curling is likely from the leaves drying out and dying off.

2 Likes

I’ve had similar issues with coco.

What PH are you feeding?

Have you checked runoff EC or PH?

Thanks.

2 Likes

5.8 to 6.0 I havent check the run off of the phone tho but in veg there were fine and I have a plant in Veg right now that’s fine. The 2 in flowering are having the same issues

1 Like

My coco grows do better feeding around 6.2 vs 5.8. Better Ca and Mg uptake.

Which calmag product are you using?

2 Likes

I’m using gh Cali magic. Yea next run I might try a higher ph

1 Like

How often do you feed?

I feed more often, with lower ec. Around 200/600. 800ppm total.
Also vary Ph from 5.9 thru 6.3.

3 Likes

You cut calmag out in coco. Thats a problem. Coco is known to take the mag straight off the plants spoon. Make sure your coco is not drying cause that makes it worse. . Put the calmag back in the program. What week now?

3 Likes

And if it got worse when you cut believe or not might mean they want more than 5ml per gal. Using basic calmag 2-0-0 or 1-0-0 right. Not a concentrated form?

1 Like

No , it could but there are stages to N loss.
From what your saying your PPM is good . Your not using R/O water and you use Calimagic .
You are in flower . From the few pictures I seen over the internet I would say lacking N.
I would think you would of devolved Cal-Mag deficiency early . I could be wrong though coco is supposed to suck calmag up . Wont hurt to feed the plant a little extra. Some times some strains are finiky.

4 Likes

@rooted I cut the cal mag once I seen the problem, I already started giving it again. I also feed 2times a day

2 Likes

At about 800 ppm

1 Like

MC is relatively high in N @ 9-6-17

Ca and Mg range.

4 Likes

I think those charts might be right. Base megacrop high in k which would lead to deficiency in mag on top of coco sucking the mag. Mag is where the n in calmag comes from. Epsom salt is mag. Maybe just deficient in mag not cal epsom will give mag n sulfur with nitrogen without adding more calcium if thats what it is.

3 Likes

OK so I get home check the plants and the vegging plant that I thought was fine is starting to show the same problem here is what it looks like before getting bad

2 Likes

Since it happens in the new growth I would go for an immobile nutrient: Manganese or Zinc. I read this:

" Early signs of zinc deficiency occur at the newest growth zones, generally at the top. As pH becomes too alkaline, the roots become incapable of absorbing this mineral trace element. Other micronutrients like manganese and copper quickly become unavailable. Nitrogen and calcium start getting affected too. Font

Maybe you should check pH runoff … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

OK so on the 2 flowering plants I checked and the run off was 6.9 and 7.0 on the two plants I’m guessing I found where the problem is coming from.

2 Likes