Little insight?

I have been feeding this strawnanna candy fox farm week 2 nutrients in a 5 gallon pot flipped dec 5th
The Two lights I am using are Mars-Hydro FCE-3000 5x5 space approximately 18 inches from canopy both on 50%power ph from tap is tolerable

Yellowing and curling on top…lowers look good
Also have ben spraying the heck out of them with the one and done …I’m fighting a battle I refuse to loose !

I know some folks on here specialize in diagnosing sick plants almost just by eye ! You think I’d learn by now .
She seems to be the most unhappy…I might have doubled up on feed one week unintentionally
Any input will help !

13 Likes

They look good to me my friend
No burnt tips
Good color

Paps

4 Likes

How long in the 5 gal?

1 Like

They look ok let it roll

1 Like

Looks like a few lower leaves are almost completely yellow but can’t see enough of them to say its going from the bottom-up.
To me it’s an issue at week 2 I would want to correct. Calibrate the ph pen and check your nutrient input.
I’m no expert at diagnosing leaves sorry, I hope someone will give a more helpful reply.

2 Likes

Try dimming your lights a touch and seeing if that helps.Ive had them throw shitfits with the lights sometimes and dimmed the light a small touch some i even had to drop to the floor till they greened back up again.Mine did a yellowing thing kind of like this but not quite might be something different best of luck

2 Likes

I say let it roll. plants do weird shit all the time. When and if it goes bad , you will know it.

1 Like

I’m starting to sense it is lol

I have been all over the place with that dang light! Five day intervals not sure how long it takes for a plant to react ! I know the stems r pretty sunburned

You ain’t lying there deff might have to fire up the ph pen been a long while !

She’s been in there for a bit that’s for sure at least a month and then some I switched over most to 5 galling pots a week before flower any suggestions? I know root pruning is out of the question :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Are your temps steady? Mine look like that when they get cold.

2 Likes

Yes sir temps r pretty consistent !
She was root bound a while ago transplanted her slowly started to green right up …few weeks later this …I know I watered once using bites then hit it with a unintentional double dose of nutrients on the 7 th

1 Like

Could be a problem with magnesium . Maybe a foliar fertilization with Epson will help?

2 Likes

Give your spray a break for a few days - could just be reacting to being sprayed often. Hit em hard and less often. Almost looks a little hungry to me.

2 Likes

A bigger pot is what I’d try, if you have one.

1 Like

Thanks fellas imma see what I can do and hopefully post a recovery picture at a later date !

I would doubly make sure pH is correct. If it is, I’d say an Epsom foliar spray or extra in the feed but from the bit I can see, I’d say the whole plant is hungry.

I think the light is likely fine at 50%. They’re 300w lights and you have two in a 5x5 at 50%, so 300w = 12w/sqft. I usually flower around 20-25w/sqft. Can do more with CO2. So yeah, I don’t think the light is the issue. Turning it down more will just make the issue less apparent, but it’s still there.

5 Likes

They do look magnesium deficient, maybe one or more micros as well. Could be because there isn’t enough magnesium in the media, or because the magnesium present isn’t as available as it should be, due to pH.

One tip about light intensity: Plants don’t eat inches, they eat photons. So why measure inches? Far far better to get a 30 dollar lux meter from Amazon. Why guess when you can test?

3 Likes

@BigF I have a lux meter just never sure what reading is a good spot for them !

@HolyAngel so I could turn them up then I also increased airflow I’m gonna feed run or tomorrow I will deff check ph before I feed !
I will also try a dollar spray

Most leads are leaning towards magnesium deficiency or PH maybe just hungry and uncomfortable in its pot

2 Likes

Yeah you can likely increase the light intensity, but you’ll wanna get the plant happy again first or it’ll just make it look worse faster :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Sometimes hormones in the flower cycle will self correct the imbalance of nutrients or PH. I’ve seen plants struggle to stay healthy in veg only to thrive with no issues in bloom. So I say carry on and see what happens

2 Likes

You are half way there already!
8k is minimal life support
12k is good for clones
18k - 30k is good for early veg, can go higher later if you veg long
35k - 40k is usually good for early flower for most, a bit strain dependent, but some really want up to 60k while others won’t like 40k.
75k is where most girls get uncomfortable, but not all. Gets very strain dependent here.

Have seen Grandi Guava eating 110k and loving it, no sign of a burn, crazy girl.

1 Like