Bx'ing the OG clone

We will start here with @GPaw’s wayward progeny. Some of these had ventured forth in a separate journey that was indeed successful.

These beans were started on the January new moon and are in the 3rd day of 12/12 the following is a photo from last evening. From these we are mainly after pollen donors.

Please don’t judge the girl by the way she looks at the moment. I broke the top out of it lollipopping the branches and now we only have 3 left from the bottom. It will be enough to make a few buds and some first round of seeds for BX1. It did not help that I was so excited I forgot he had just watered it and it made the plant more brittle, then with the top out it wasn’t sucking water and all the leaves curled, Nevertheless she is getting better.

This will be a rather long journey since bx2 is the intention. But to leave something nice to look forward to this is the room all the cuts went to from that lame looking girl above.

A picture from last year outdoors

40 Likes

That’s looking great! :+1:

That male (blue) was a ‘hungry boy’ and passed that trait on to the kids.

They all seem to take LST and HST well but I did find they liked it a little dryer (55%RH) in flower.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

This plant seems to like a drier rh. I have been running at about 55-60 just about the whole way and they love it.

7 Likes

Woot! This is exciting! Plants look good despite the issues on momma. Looking forward to see what you pull out of here! I’m gonna bx the TK soon.

7 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to this one. Very cool

3 Likes

So Big Ugly was ruining the vibe, took a couple clones of her and here are the 2 that made it. Pushng up nodes, as they adjust to my lighting.

Of the males we had 2 early dwarf males and they had little to no stretch. I will be collecting pollen from those two boys to make the first Bx. They are the 2 on the right in the tray.

17 Likes

Those are really happy looking boys! :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

These rooted cuts are sunbathing in the light from a window this morning. Getting large enough to move forward soon.

I took pollen several times. Once with both males, twice with the male that has heaviest flowering going on. Saved it a couple different ways. I will up pot the two girls. One will be a mom for further clones. One to be the mom of the first bx seeds. About that…apparently OG’ers is an IX so technically…

13 Likes

Great project @Herbie!

3 Likes

OG Kush
Up potted the other clone and now both are in 1 gallons. Soon to start some training and take a couple clones then one will begin flowering and make the first set of seeds.

There is another pic or two in the ‘hothouse’ thread of this girl -linked below.

OG Kush

OGer’s girls
all 3 seeded by both males.

11 Likes

OG Kush (clone)
Up potted one yesterday to a reclaimed ‘throne’. She seems happy in the sunlight from the window today. I dusted her with some sulfur dust and diatomaceous earth to deter any pests. Those crinkled leaves though…This one will get big by the time we flower it :wink:

And two little ones I took recently. This thing roots so easy. I fully believe that is one of the reasons this ‘cut’ has been around for so long.

And the one in training for round one is about 10 days into flower. I am doing a bit of LST with it,
IMG_20230518_192206525_HDR
The pill bottle to the right was cleaned out and then the desiccant reclaimed for the pollen. It is ready for use. If it doesn’t take there is backup in the fridge.

8 Likes

OG Kush (clone)

Flowers are looking pretty nice and the crinkle is on.

So I sprinkled a few buds with some pollen from the dwarf males and waited 2 days…looks good I think.

A couple clones are coming along to be ready for next round. Might run one seedless in between. We will see.

12 Likes

OG Kush finished what little stretch there was and I pulled some of the larger low fan leaves. It is easier to see how she leans back now. A little color coming on some of the fans.

If there are seeds from the one above I will be running the following clone of it seedless and be flipping it in a week or so for some of those awesome terps! :wink:

A couple in 4 inch pots I topped a few days back. These last 2 are running at 16/8 atm as is the larger one above.

9 Likes

this is exciting! they look really health. im sure youll get more seeds then youll know what to do with. a tiny plant like that could easily hold a few hundred seeds hiding in there. OG kush seems like a great backbone for any genetics program, were all rooting for ya.

3 Likes

Too interesting! I believe you just confirmed I made the best selection on CripXmas B1 male. Dwarf that had no stretch, yet smoked stamens had potency and terps. I highly suggest smoking the stamens, it’s how I’ve achieved the intense pronounced terps in my CripXmas, making sure each male had smokeable quality to it before being collected.

2 Likes

I haven’t smoked male pollen in at least 45 years. But I do know what you mean. Here it is all about the stretch, early flower time. I did make seeds from the OG’ers girls. Bonus that one of the males was a heavy producer.

4 Likes

OG Kush
Getting closer, if the root ball gets too dry it will fall over now. Love that smell! I trimmed a couple of lowers on the back side.

Littler ones in veg. (The shorter ones are MaMilk clones…ignore them. )

And the bigger clone. Too much sulphur dust, the light intensity, light source and hours changed.

8 Likes

OG Kush Before the trim

After

She is at 2 days since the beginning of 12/12

The flowering one should be right at 56 days from the start of 12/12, not from the first flower appearance.

A couple of clones of the same plant.

I ran this same girl last year in a hempy bucket

There is also an outdoor pic of her in that thread. A fella I met gifted her. He said he had her a couple years. The fella he got it from had had it for 10 years or more and that the one who gifted it to him had had it for 10/15 years. Would make it going back to the 90’s. Still it is all just hearsay :wink:

9 Likes

OG Kush

The 5000k light spectrum is not doing this thing any favors at this point. Wants to foxtail under all that blue.

Vegging

15 Likes

Looks pretty similar to the TK honestly, but she’s got the Crinkle leaf trait I see all over the SSDD. Clearly the cut that went into bubba kush :thinking: Can’t wait to compare these two, she looks damn good! 5K be damned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes