CADMANs Cannabis Thread!

Best of luck to your little seedlings !! They are in good hands!
Just don’t let any Kitten near them lol:(

Appreciate yourr chatting n answers!

Back to you now Cadman! Over and out

1 Like

But did you know you can use a hacksaw blade and cut the plastic bulb off that exposing the flat LED panel inside. Much brighter. the light is not trying to come thru the opaque plastic. try it, you’ll like it.

2 Likes

I have a couple I was using for seedlings that I cut the bulb off. I can post a piccy here tomorrow of it if you’d like, so you can see what it looks like. easy to do and pretty safe, in my opinion.

1 Like

I like it already :wink:

I’ve seen someone open such a bulb to replace something or overclock or whatever but never :bulb: haha

Thank you sir

Yeah those Plastic bulbs are just covers. They have no vacuum or gas. Now it wont be “waterproof”, but I never had a problem and I would say just dont spray anything on it, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

@Mithridate i have some old threads or buried in some old threads some posts on LED bulb utilization and popping domes… let me find it

heres one of them, no need to go further than popping the dome. Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018* - #13 by Mr.Sparkle

As for @CADMAN question 20-40w if more than enough of say either SIL led Bulbs or say your older cobs or whatever, your still gonna need ventilation as heat does build up regardless though can be a pc fan.

As for myself i typically just run them in the same cab till they are getting close then shuffle things around where when pollen is ready to fly those plants are either in a space with seedlings they wont effect or plants i intend to pollinate or at least don’t mind the odd seed being created, though i do turn off my circulations fans if they are running with plants that can be pollinated.

3 Likes

Oh wow thanks for taking the time but I’m really only using them because lately I’ve been running like 8 strains/100+ seeds at a time and pollen management can be a problem. So boxes and bulbs is what I had on hand to solve my problem. I run them mayyybe 7 days every 2 months.

You guys are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this is heartwarming

2 Likes

Well if that’s all your using them for popping the domes does increase their efficiency quite a bit as they become more directional.

And sounds like my kind of seed numbers lol.

3 Likes

In a 2x4 split in half by a shelf and 756w of t5s… but you wouldn’t like it :innocent: :wink:

2 Likes

Not from what I’ve seen you grow Uncle @Oldtimerunderground! :yum:

1 Like

Thank you for this info my friend :+1: it’s appreciated :blush:

Let’s see this plz. I had a brain fart soon as I read this. :books: which gave me the gas to spark an idea.

2 Likes

How I made my Blueberry Auto seeds was with 2 x 50 watt 6500K LED “shop” lights from Amazon in a 3x3 tent…

I’m 100% confident a single 50W 6500k LED would work perfectly for your proposed male tent!

Brian(Alaskagrown)

1 Like

This is my legacy here huh? :neutral_face: :laughing:

I only collected pollen once so I just separated the male and put him in a closet across the house from the grow room. So I guess I prefer my males closeted :laughing:

For a serious response though I’m always amazed at what people are doing with space buckets and how little light they use that actually gets results. They use LED strips which would also free up some headroom for you in a tight space . Something to think about.

4 Likes

It’s my overgrow a tent thread, I don’t have any group shots in flower because you can’t see shit anyway lol :green_heart:

23 Likes

This makes me laugh every time man I think its awesome.

Thanks for your insight :+1: it’s appreciated.

4 Likes

I like the tent setup :ok_hand: very nice.

1 Like

Bad publicity is better than NO publicity.

1 Like

I can’t go back to that. LOL. guitar half stack amps, speakers, crawl spaces, window wells, boxes in closets. Hell, when I jumped back in I said “Just a 3x4” and now look at me.

I do have a 2x2x5 for males though. But next males will be kept on the main floor, pollen floats TOO easily, and I just gotta keep my boys alive long enough to drop pollen (autos). I have that lit by a blurple that wouldn’t be in use otherwise (Gixxer I believe)

2 Likes

Most of the globes just pop off. The globe is just a diffuser, without it you can aim the light beams. This is a good thread on the SILs:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/grow-diaries/micro-grows/315715-off-the-shelf-retail-store-screw-in-led-and-cfl-bulb-comparisons

They work great in small spaces.

2 Likes