Cal mag deficiency?

I’ve noticed a few of my leaves turning orange/brown ish in between veins

I have my reservoir full of distilled water pH to 6.2.
Growing in a supersoil I made.the reason I’m thinking cal/mag def is due to the distilled water I’m using.

4 Likes

Are you adding in cal/mag as you feed?

1 Like

I have not. But also they take up as much water as needed. (Autopot) I didn’t add anything to the reservoir. Just pure distilled water

2 Likes

I am under LEDS and add cal/mag supplement to my water or nutes. I use soil.

2 Likes

I was hesitant only because I was trying to not put anything in my res, but i think i might have to add the cal/mag. I have added epsom salt once in the beginning but that was about a month ago

1 Like

Supersoils usually have enough cal mag…or u using l.e.d light. They burn cal mag more out the medium…but the water is fresh or oxygenated before use?. " stale water " has bacteria and different things . another is the air flow …fresh air coming in old air going out very important. … Im just going down the list of maybe :smiley:… Hope you can solve it. Please post what caused it an the remedy used to correct it . please​:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

1 Like

You can apply the Epsom salts as a foliar spray, eliminating the need to add it to the reservoir.

2 Likes

@jamMAKEcan -I am using LED’s. Would my supersoil be why it has taken until now to show signs? Fresh air is a check. Water was fresh distilled No oxygenation prior to use ph to 6.2, and i check it every 2-3 days and adjust as needed

@Tejas - Thank you sir, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Possibly

1 Like

I was under the same notion until i checked the ph and it was good. It shouldn’t be fluctuating that drastically, should it? but if cal mag isn’t it i’ll have to reconsider.

I’ve had the issue happen with ph fluctuations when I go from feeding tap water with nutes to tap water with nutes phed correctly(down) I don’t usually check ph the first few weeks, my meters are not portable. So 3 weeks In when I start the tap water with nutes and ph down. Only happens the first week or 2 and then won’t come back, if that’s your issue I’m not sure. Did you change feed/water ph value?

What ratio do you use for this and how often do you apply? I know that is going to be determined by a lot of factors so roughly how often?

1 Like

I read today 2 tablespoons to one gallon of water, 2 tablespoons equal 6 teaspoons and a gallon is 4 quarts. Works out to be 1.5 teaspoons per quart. My spray bottle is 25 ounces, so I used a teaspoon of epsom salt. I spray once a day, turning the plant to hit the undersides of the leaves. Some people do this at lights out or before lights on. I have sprayed with lights on with no ill effects.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the Ratio, I was going to wing it… as far as the spraying during lights on it has a potential to get light burn, not 100% of the time but it does happen.

2 Likes

Yes there is the potential to burn the leaves.

Since it is being used as a foliar spray, should you stop using it at a certain point in flower or does that even matter since it is only water and Epsom salt?

1 Like

I have used it during flower, be careful not to soak the plant , more of a spritzing.

3 Likes

Needs nutes and cal mag

1 Like

Show us a picture of the entire plant, including the pot, thank you.

I’m growing under LED with nothing but kitchenscraps, tree leaves and grass clippings, watering alternatively with rain water, bottled water and tapwater.

No one growing in soil ever needs synthetic fertilizer of any kind.

Like this you can grow in the same pot for the rest of your life:

Companion crops are your friends.

2 Likes