Can we talk spider mites?

I did that as well. Lost it all

2 Likes

Personally, I would never use abermectin on my plants. If you have an acute problem, neem and essential oils work. If anyone wants the recipe/methods I use, I’ll be glad to post them. Also, predator mites work exceptionally well as long as you buy the right ones and disperse them correctly.

Mite and Rosemary Efficacy.pdf (259.6 KB)
GC-MS_Rosmarinus_officinalis_2006_01.pdf (521.7 KB)

9 Likes

Nothing I used is systemic, trans laminar but systemic. All new growth is free of the pesticide. Both Floromite and Oberon only have a 28 day latency so all good after that

3 Likes

I found this, I bet it works
Making the Calicleaner

1.) Get a sauce pan - fill with one pint of water - put on lowest flame possible (do not boil !!!).
2.) Chop 4 -5 Habanera peppers fine. Chop open seeds and central membranes, as the power lies there.
3.) Simmer chopped peppers for 20 minutes - making sure not to boil (you will destroy the active proteins).
4.) When you put your head over the pan and the wispy-steam stings your eyes, the Calicleaner is ready.
5.) Pour the Calicleaner through a fine mesh strainer - a little fine grit is OK - let cool in a clean bowl.
6.) Pour room temperature contents in a mister spray bottle. Your are ready to apply.

HOW TO APPLY Calicleaner
1.) Put on gloves, and wear a mask, or at least put a bandana around your nose and mouth.
2.) Turn off all fans - you do not want this spray in your eyes!!!
3.) Spray the bottom of EVERY leaf - starting with the bottom leaves first, work up to the top.
4.) After the bottoms are done, hit the tops and the stems.
5.) Squirt liberally in new leaf pods - tightly wound new leaf growth (the small mites hide there).
6.) Get the heck out of the room till it clears.
7.) Repeat procedure with each plant.
8.) Spray the soil, the pots, and the floor or earth around the area to kill dropping mites and stop migration.
9.) Wash hands with soap and water when complete - the stuff will heat-up skin for 4 hours.
10.) DO NOT WORRY. Though the stuff is lethal to mites, the plants love it.

WHAT’S NEXT??

Congratulations! You have successfully killed the mites that you sprayed - on contact!. Plus, the mites are thwarted in biting again as they get a lethal dose of hot mouth. Your plants should be turning green again with in half a day. Though the leaves are scarred, they will recover and work again - producing vital sugars for growth.

However, you are not done. Some mites will escape the spray, though you have killed 95% of them. Thus, you will have to do the spray again tomorrow. As a matter of fact you will have to spray every 2-3 days till you see no more mites - usually up to two weeks. SOME EGGS WILL HATCH!!! Thus a week after the first spray, do a super job again, the baby mites are likely out and about. Kill 'em right away.

Use your magnifying glass to inspect each plant carefully, when nothing moves and you see no more webs, your plants are clear. YEAH!!

Additional precautions: make sure your containers and pots do not touch, mites migrate. Clean your floors and equipment so live mites do not return (spray them down with Caliclean). Since no person can kill every living mite in their situation, eternal diligence is now part of the equation. One mite may turn into a million in a month.

Other helpful hints: wash your plants with clean water spray between sprayings, this cleans off dead mites and eggs, and refreshes the plant leaf compromised by the vampire sucking mites. Keep the room cool, 78 degrees to 68 degrees if possible during treatment. Mites hate the cold - thus weakened mites will drop dead. If lower leaves are infested with eggs and mites - cut them off! DO NOT LEAVE CUTTINGS NEARBY! Burn or bury your cuttings far away.

Spraying notes: Mites tend to collect where the leaves join at the nexus and overlap. If you can, lay your plants on-end or position upsidedown (be real careful) to make sure all undersides are sprayed. Cut off curled leaves where they collect. If you’re a rich person you may make a full pound to ten gallons of water and dunk them - even better!!

The best part of using Calicleaner is you may use it always - even during flowering. As the solution is all natural, no one is harmed but the mites: “Nature to deal with Nature.” Your money goes to a farmer not a chemical corporation.

7 Likes

Found a follow up to the Calicleaner method above

This stuff was like making pepper spray for sure. Potent enough to make me want to bail the room when I sprayed my babies. I had a hard time from the mist. Definitely should have worn a mask while spraying. I made the spray with 5 habanera and a few extra hawaiian chili peppers. I had a hard time breathing, started sneezing, eyes watering. Can you imagine what those little pests were feeling. hehehe. I can love using this on them and watch them suffer all the time. Thanks for the Mite Mace. Aloha from Kauai.

6 Likes

Haha that’s what I was thinking when I read the recipe above.

3 Likes

My buddy works for post office, I will see if he can get me a case of the Red pepper Dog Off they carry

This guy gets it. People dick around for years making mites uncomfortable when they could just kill them for good.

6 Likes

Lol neem does not work for mites use avid hexagon floramite forbid shuttle and pylon. U rotate 3 or 4 of those products in veg and the first 10 days of flower And u will have no mites. People may talk shit but my weed tests clean and if it tests clean in cali this clean. All that hippy shit may work as a preventative butnif u have mites they wont work it’s easier to just use the products I mentioned as an ipm

4 Likes

Here’s one approach. It works for me.

This is for plants that can be picked up with their pots. It is for preflower/early flower stage of growth.

First clean areas outside growroom/tent into which plants will be moved. Have a clean trashcan as the killing zone that is filled with your solution. It needs to be tall and wide enough to be able to dip the entire aboveground part of plant into.

Solution can vary in ingredients. The one I am using now is made in the following way. Essential oils: clove, peppermint, cinnamon, rosemary, eucalyptus. Mix these with some everclear, I use about a quarter cuo. Have the trashcan filed with water. Mix hot water and Dr. Bronner’s peppermint oil soap with the everclear/essential oil mix. Use about ten drops essential oil per gallon. My trashcan holds 21 gallons. Mix soap/everclear/Dr. Bronners into filled trashcan of water. Then add some plain brown Listerene. Now make something to cover the soil at top of pots to help keep soil from coming out and dip and swirl around the plants in the solution. Set plants on cleaned surface and wash saucers and wipe all surfaces you can reach of the pot Move back into completely cleaned growroom/tent. Repeat for each plant. Of course the lights will be turned way down low, or be off.

This is the best method I’ve found from many, many others, including some very expensive ones.

The most important thing is your attitude. You must be determined and unrelentingly persistent. Cleaning the grow area and the area around it is part of this approach.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Is this just another name for a biodegradable soap?

1 Like

All mites i ever had in 4 states been krushed w organic ipm. Add sulfur n russets n all else is toasty toast.

Disagree worx fine 4 me 4 yearz. If u gotsta spray to day 10 of flower you aint got rid of yer mites in spite of all them poisons. Git yer shit right in veg first n dont go poisonin patients.

Neem n rosemarie n organik options werk fine. If u need 2 get tough add wettable sulfur in veg.

@ spicy spray guy ouch them mite mace work best on u not dem mites. hahaha

ya bronners err ne castile soaps

6 Likes

Should check out my JWA tutorials pretty easy to make at a fraction of the cost of dr bonners or like a Castile soap like safers.

4 Likes

Kool man thx. Got bronners cuz the ole lady warshes w it but thx.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree. I have eradicated mites from several facilities with neem and essential oils. Throw some predators in there, and they don’t stand a chance. Last facility was a warehouse with 7 flowering rooms, one is harvested every 10 days. That means constant plants in all stages of flower.

6 Likes

U must have a fuckload of workers spraying that shit everyday. And funny u call it poison when I emphasized my shit tests clean. By the way they use active ingredient in avid in livestock and food u eat so miss me with that poison shit. I grow big and I’ve tried that oil based bullshit and it isn’t even good for ur plants let alone the residue it leaves on the buds. I am not saying the hippy shitnwont work but u gotta spray daily and soak em in that shit. Adverse effects on ur plants from all the oil and shit is a good possibility and honestly it is more of a preventative I’ve never seem an infestation cured with hippy shot and believe me I’ve tried. I killed a 15 light room trying to spray plant therapy but the shit fucked my plants up really bad. To each their own tho. I got multi indoors and outdoor spots u guys see my posts I am not a rookie at thos so believe who u want to but I doubt anybody grows the scale I grow will tell u to use neem lol

4 Likes

Can you please use English can’t understand a Damn thing you type.
A far as using Floromite and forbid I’ve never had to spray but once. Then the only thing that gets sprayed are clones I take in.

2 Likes

I dont git why yall git defensiv. Actin like its a competition. Cant both work? How bout sum perspektive. It aint black n white yer right im wrong. Got dang.

Yall know ea state has its own rulz. Sum tuff sum weak. Post sum lab tests in a tuff state. As they say extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. N who is sprayin in flower on the reg? Yuck!

Big ole list of They Said They Was Clean n Safe Until It Werent:

5 Likes

I can’t help how you type, you have to understand most don’t read ebonics or l33t or whatever made up language you’re using. I tried the hippy way once and lost an entire grow. I’ll never make that mistake again.

2 Likes

I genuinely doubt the claims that one can completely eradicate any infestation from using neem, essential oils, soap, isopropyl alcohol, and whatever other “natural” remedies you guys use, especially in a large room. Best case, with constant spraying and application, you’ll keep the infestation minimal enough to not really notice.

I’d so much rather smoke trace amounts of pesticides than dead insects and their excretions.

To the guys suggesting capsaicin for mites, you’ll have better luck asking the mites politely to leave.

If you’re a crunchy type who absolutely HAS to use something, IDK, that’s like from a plant for whatever reason, use tobacco “tea” and spinosad, at least that might actually work.

4 Likes