What s going wrong? Need help please

Hello OGs,

my plants look like there are some bugs.

First, i thought it was a PH problem, cause i was to lazy to check it all the time.

Now, i think it s a bug problem.

In the past i had some fucking fungus gnats but it s different and much worser are these thrips?

My girlz are in the 4th week of bloom, they grow in soil and get half tap- and half rain water.
Nutrients are from Canna.

Here are some pics from the beginning:

And then they look like that!

Thank you for helping my girlz and me.

6 Likes

do the bottom of your pots smell?

3 Likes

I am not an expert by any means…but possibly mildew? Have high humidity?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your having issues @GCC.Bud, glad you decided to post em and ask for help.

Could you provide more info on some of the details of the grow?

Looks like there could be some root rot going on. How often are you feeding/watering? What are the temps and humidity like? How much airflow do you have going through your grow space? These are all things that would help narrow down the issues that are causing this.

5 Likes

Not OP, but curious. What are you seeing in those pics that points to root-rot?

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re having spider mites :sweat:. I had them and this is how it looked:

Check the back of the leaf with a scope, you cannot see them naked eye … :neutral_face:

13 Likes

That’s what I was thinking as well, from the first few pics with the dotted pits on the leaves.

3 Likes

@George what causes the leafs to turn brown similar to the last pics? is that something left behind by the mite?

1 Like

Looks like mite damage to me.

3 Likes

yeah it is bugs but there more going on here, was wondering if the bottoms smelled cause then thats rot
but to me past the bugs is the leaf going like that, that is like super lock out and looks like because of the bugs that theres something going on at the root level. theres more than meets the eye on this one

4 Likes

Picture of bottom side of leaves please, I agree with @George mites attack and thrive on the underside of leaves.

4 Likes

The nerd in me is fascinated with this. Reading all sorts of stuff about mites now. Down the rabbit hole we go. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

they cause deficiencies in the leaves as they divert nutrients and they act as a vector for diseases, fungus and molds.

4 Likes

Hey @khaoohs, hope all is well :slightly_smiling_face:

The second set of pics with the dead leaves, seems like something else going on there.

Looks like eggs under the leaves. Anyone else see that?

3 Likes

It just means the infestation is advanced and plant suffering its consequences, check mine:

Next thing you could see are webs and those little bastards crawling on them, there’s nothing much you can do about it at this stage … :disappointed:

4 Likes

Thx for explaining further! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wish I could have given you better news :pray:, if you need help on next steps just ask, not an easy task ahead … :sweat:

1 Like

That is not true. There is something you can do about it. @GCC.Bud , if you have not been using neem oil or any essential oils on the plants, go grab some Doctor Zymes. You can spray all the way to harvest and beyond, and it will knock them dead.

1 Like

In 4th week of bloom and with an advanced infestation I have my doubts, with fewer numbers maybe, those little bastards are hard to defeat at that stage. I only suggest, it’s only one opinion among others … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. I would also have to say you most likely have a mite issue. I heard in a podcast that mixing a few drops of essential oils like Peppermint, Rosemary and/or eucalyptus oil with an ounce or two of Doctor Bronners organic soap and a few ounces of 90%-99% alcohol per gallon of clean water will really knock back the bugs. Spray daily for 3-4 days as far as 10 days. The alcohol dries up the eggs and the oils make the plants less desirable. I just started with an IPM regiment like this and seems to be doing well.

2 Likes