Can You Tell The Sex Of Cannabis Seeds? Facts or False Knowledge?

I recently seen this visual chart online that describes the physical differences between male and female seeds. However EVERTHING I have ever learned, about how to know the sex of your cannabis plants says this is NOT possible. As far as I know, other than genetic testing, the only way to know if a plant is male or female is the OLD SCHOOL way. When growing my plants, I personally take a cutting from the lower parts of the plant that would be removed any ways, and I put it into flowering to find out if it is for sure a female.

• Please - Comment, share your thoughts, and TAKE A TOKE.
5 Likes

Many moons ago I worked in a retail garden center. Bernice had a method of determining the sex of papaya plants that seemed to be much more accurate than guessing. There were two parts: string and nail.
She would tie the nail on the string and hold the string, with nail suspended, above the plant in question. The nail would move in a circle if the plant was female. The nail would move back and forth in line if the plant was male.

Those are the facts as I know them. Whether it is false or not is up to you.

5 Likes

they do that to women when they are pregnant here.

5 Likes

I agree, not possible.

5 Likes

The same method is used to determine sex in pregnant cows.

5 Likes

I believe that to be more of a hypnosis training trick anyone can do it try it yourself it’s actually psychosomatic muscle motion more that’s at play if you hold a weighted object on a string and concentrate on it and in your minds eye you imagine it going in circles left/right doesn’t matter or straight lines back and forth up/down left right after a bit it will move that direction with a perfectly steady hand .

What’s really cool about doing it is when you have it going in one direction and you reverse direction that’s what really get people wondering what the hell is going on here some voodoo magic going on here?

6 Likes

Get a dowsing rod and have done with it.

4 Likes

They still use those too.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if our subconscious can somehow detect the sex of a baby due to pheromones or something like that, which then influences the person to move the string a certain way.

As far as the original question, I don’t think there’s any way to determine sex besides DNA and good old preflowers/flowering.

3 Likes

I tell the woman in front of a large group of people what I believe her baby will be;

Than in front of another, different, large group I proclaim her baby will be the opposite sex.

No matter the result, I get to pretend I knew what ot would be! :joy::joy::joy: My stepfather is a fucking expert at the trick.

3 Likes

I have heard that one can tell,I know of a few guys that believe they can look through a microscope and somehow visually see that it’s a male or female,I dismissed as BS, although, maybe someone can take pictures of the seeds(under a microscope) and do an experiment? , Follow them along and see if there are any visual cues ! That translate into male or female markings or shape of seed(s) in question?
Just a thought
Peace and love all

As far as I know starting with feminized seed is the best way to make this determination