Do feminized seed plant produce seed?

I was wondering last night if I was to plant a feminized seed and pollinated the resulting plant with a different variety would the plant produce viable seed?

2 Likes

Would be a reg seed then as you’d be introducing a male pollen component so results will be male and female

On the other hand if you reversed a female plant and got female pollen then the results of pollenating a female with said pollen would make all female as there was no male genetic material to make male seeds

12 Likes

I’ve had a few people say that they heard plants from feminized seed will be sterile and not produce seed… who the hell knows who spreads these lies.

7 Likes

no sorry i dont know lol follow the money

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard they would be sterile too, but maybe they’re talking about a female plant that hermies because of stress and self pollinates?

2 Likes

@Pug-love that doesnt have to be sterile, i am no expert but have run seeds from a random nanner fem

1 Like

I have no doubt it will produce regular male and female seeds. Perhaps of some quality. What I wonder is will it affect the future generations?

2 Likes

If you hit it with reg pollen you’ll get regular seeds both males and females

If you reverse or force it to produce male flower( Cordiality silver works ) the pollen will produce female seeds On any of your plants

Hope this is helpful

7 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. I’m gonna give it a go when the time comes. Peace

Sad but true, money and greed seem to make the lies and bs arise. Peace

1 Like

I’m more of an “Ignorance fills the void with Bullshit” kind of guy, myself. They don’t have a clue so rather than say hmm dunno better go check, they make up some lies they think will pass as truth to cover up ignorance.

5 Likes

Triploid seeds make sterile plants.
Crossing a diploid plant with a tetraploid plant results in triploid offspring. These are also known as Terminator seeds.

I know at least a handful of strains that are sold on the open cannabis market that are triploid offspring. Breeding attempts with triploids will fail every time, it’s how the genetics work in this case.

6 Likes

Wow that’s pretty interesting, wonder what mother nature’s reason is for making terminator seeds?

something like that plant in the middle?

3 Likes

Mother Nature doesn’t make them… people do.

Those who enjoy seedless watermelons are eating the fruit of a triploid plant. These plants are not GMO by any means, just genetically incompatible.

They’re not made naturally, they’re made by pollinating a field of tetraploid watermelon plants with the pollen from a diploid watermelon plant. This will result in all offspring being triploid and sterile, with no possibility of reproduction and the fruit will be seedless every time.

7 Likes

Great info as always @DesertGrown

does it also not make a difference, the origin of the feminized seed, natural or silver? or would that not make difference?

regards,

1 Like

Feminized is feminized, no matter if it was created by using colloidal silver or the Rodelization process.

3 Likes

Hi @DesertGrown I figure you may know I’ve heard
That there a way to trim roots to force a female to produce males flower is this true ?

1 Like

I’ve had auto female throw seeds,I’ve grown them out and no hermie plants,I’ve never had a photo plant throw seeds