Canna butter question

Doing it this way will work but it’ll be awful green. We used to use a similar method with a slow cooker and water.

I highly recommend a vacuum sealer for herb and butter and then a 45 minute boil and then strain.

It makes the cleanest butter I’ve ever had. Not even a touch of green.

I know you say you don’t have fancy gear but a vacuum sealer is a versatile thing to have for our hobby.

3 Likes

Any body have any insight on the liver processing cbn better than thc? Is that why I never get a soaring high like some describe, and it’s just naptime by the time I feel it? :thinking:

CBN is very sedative and not much psychoactive, I have some leftovers from a decarb at 100C / 212F for 3 hours, but it’s uncomfortable, just wipes me out, super sleepy feeling but doesn’t improve sleep.

At 3 hrs I guess there’s more CBN than THC present.

1 Like

Vey true about clarified butter…but dissolved solids-such as herb infusions are done this way to flavor the butter without having actual particles in it.
So it will change the flavor.

1 Like

Got it for 15 bucks at a US store called Home Goods!

1 Like

180-200 for 1hr (high) then 3-4 hr on low

What?

Use more words please. :smile:

1 Like

sorry : use my old crock pot with low and high
fill 1/2 way with hot water ( this speedds up temps)
add 1 lb butter to hot water
( have a thermo) put it in crock till 180-200 (I don’t decad in oven at all)
Now I add trim
High for 1 hr
low for 3-4 hr (longer the cook increase cbd)
strain
put in Ice box for hardening
have use magic butter .ect machines this works the best for me

4 Likes

Sounds interesting for people with a crock pot.
Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for this old man it’s easy !!

2 Likes

very young for the infinite souls which I think we all are :smile:

1 Like

they say once a person dies they lose 4oz’s body weight – this is what the “soul” weighs

2 Likes
1 Like

Interesting! I am going to give this method a try :+1:
I do have a vacuum sealer.

2 Likes

stand corrected 21 grams is the right amount – waht about “dead weight” heaiver when alive !!! ??

I do this:

Do some math to arrive at the exact numbers you want. Some do an oz per pound of butter but you can do whatever you like.

Seal and then boil in the bag for 45 mins or so.

Remove, strain through cheesecloth, let harden in fridge, strain off liquid. That’s it.

Cleanest most golden least green butter I’ve ever seen

:+1:

3 Likes

In my experience this is not true. I use probably 2-3 times as much water as I do butter when I simmer. Comes out golden. In fact I started using that method because my butter came out so clean and low on weed odor.

2 Likes

I use (before MBM) a pot to hold 4 sticks butter, start melting it.
Set oven to 250 f, place 60 grams weed into a oven 20-25 minutes.
Add 1 tbls lecithin we like sunflower lecithin, into butter, add decarb’d weed to butter.
Watch pot, AS butter starts a tiny bit of simmer bubbles, reduce heat. It can over heat and boil over, until you find that sweet spot on the dial.
I know my stoves setting, once I find simmer, I let it simmer for 2 hours.
Separate/strain, pour into molds, or an upside down butter dish, as a mold if you want.
OR pulverize extracted weed and butter, and get all the goodies from the herb, as you make bread/cookies.
This simple way, still after almost 20 years, keeps wife’s restless leg and night sweats from wrecking her sleep pattern.
She gets about 2-3 weeks worth of relief from a stick of butter.
Just my $.02.

4 Likes

Could I do busted up weed on a silicon mat 17 mins at 135 f.? …and then what? So many different ways of doing this.
Take decarbed weed and put in double boiler? Boiling water in pot 1, and pot 2 sitting inside pot 1, with 1 pound butter and 30g decarbed flower? Let double boil go for an hour (on high boil)? Strain through cheesecloth into bowl and let cool and use for baking?

Am I close?

4 Likes

Breaking the decarb process up into stages to fine tune and maximizing the final THC content is a major goal in the final tweaking of any process.
When the curve is showing a decrease in THC after hitting the peak… That also means that some of the THC is being converted into CBN and therefore changing the final product into a different sort of medicine.

Cheers
G

2 Likes