CANNA/HOPS Let’s grow it together

Nothing yet. i suppose the positive side is the seeds haven’t gotten moldy. :neutral_face:

On a more positive note, 2 of the 18 Mulanje seeds I planted 50 years ago are showing signs of life. :partying_face: I’ll need to start a thread once I know they’re not going to die. haha

6 Likes

Haha, “What is a Jackalope”. :sunglasses:
It’s close to 420 right?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I canna hop(e) my legitimos are going to pop soon. :rofl:

5 Likes

Any luck getting a Legitmo seed to sprout yet?

I just ordered some legitmo seeds to test them also.

2 Likes

Very interesting I’ll be watching this one

1 Like

Not yet. It’s been a month.
I tossed them in the worm bin yesterday and started a few more.

4 Likes

I am starting some Legitmo seeds :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Did you get the tips on germination? Put them in the dirt they will finish in. If they are going in your garden soil, use garden soil to germinate. They require multiple wet dry Cycles for germination to happen. You don’t want the flat/ pot to get completely dry before re moistening, but nearly so, to mimic outdoors. I don’t know about Frost tolerance with these so I am holding off for a little longer. Might be worth asking if you should freeze the seeds first. I don’t recall that part

4 Likes

First thing that comes to mind is curcuma (turmeric).
Would definitely give the beer a nice extra saturated color. :smile:

1 Like

Wondering how much they used? I mean the last batch I brewed we used about six ounces of hops total. :thinking::grin:

3 Likes

Yay!

14 Likes

legítimo? Ir something else? A slow poke :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Interesting looking little seedling!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the Legitimo. It’s the 1st to germinate. The cotyledon isn’t what i was expecting.

4 Likes

I guess if you are a freak you do it from the very beginning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

2 Likes

And we’re off! Nice to see one broke ground. A good reminder for me to start mine.
Which one popped? First effort or second?

3 Likes

This is wild, nice hybrid!

Check it out, found this online, hops sprouted from seed…

9 Likes

Actually, it was the third attempt. There’s a few seeds in the cup, so i am hopeful that more will pop. The first ones went into the worm bin last week. The second group is still in cups of dirt.

3 Likes

Here’s an updated photo from this morning.

18 Likes

I have some Legitimo - starting 2 seeds - could be interesting :wink:

3 Likes