CANNA/HOPS Let’s grow it together

2 Legitimo germinated so far. Im going to leave them near the soil surface covered with sand

8 Likes

Updated pic

19 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy. I have to go back through this thread and catch up. Those leaves have a definite hop look while still looking like a cannabis. Congrats on the germination!

4 Likes

So weird.

I would have never believed this to work, so I’m excited to see the flowers.

:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Thanks.
Happy May 25th everyone. Germination was 25 days ago. Shortly after the last photo was taken, the plant began shooting up. Here it is today:

Looks like it may need some cal-mag. I’m trying to use some LST to promote side branching.

I’d like to put it outside and let it take over my yard. :heart_eyes: But I’d also like to have a backup. Not everything survives my outdoor environment. (High mountain desert in the southern rockies)

18 Likes

That looks like a hop plant to me bro…you got me all excited though. Fingers crossed it’s cannabis-hops, lol :fire::wink::grin::blossom:!!!

Beautiful btw.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Still waiting on my seeds to pop…

I was reading up on Japanese Hops and if you are planning on planting in the ground - This species is considered to be invasive

3 Likes

I’ve gotten 1 out of a dozen to successfully germinate. I also had one in the worm bin germinate, but it never made it past the cotyledon stage. That’s a pretty shitty germination rate. One would think an invasive species would have an easier time germinating. :rofl:

7 Likes

If this turns out to be real, give me all the invasive marijuana please. :+1:

5 Likes

You should top it to see what happens.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

LOL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have 2 seedlings doing OK. 2 hops germinated with only 1 cotyledon then died.

12 Likes

Seeing that makes me happy! :grinning:

5 Likes

I’m behind. Planting tomorrow in the ground. @Kabuddha it’s Japanese hops that produces hops cones that have t h c resin. The cones are very slightly modified from typical as far as I understand it.

5 Likes

@PineTarBastard looking good!

1 Like

This is crazy cool weird plant breeding! I love it, it’s so weird. I can’t wait to see what they turn into!

2 Likes

It took a while, but the LST prompted a couple of side shoots to grow. I took a couple of cuttings that went into the aero-garden cloner and the plant will be heading outside this afternoon.

16 Likes

20220614_162726 it is ok

14 Likes

I can see how it looks like both cannabis and hops. The early leaves were rounder like hops, but the upper leaves are getting pointy like cannabis.

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

4 Likes

Adjusting to life outside

16 Likes