Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

3 Likes

You did see Coors and Anheiser Busch(or their parent companies) feel threatened by microbreweries, in fact AB-InBev had a special department for how they were going to deal with the threat. It didn’t stop there either, they were afraid growing home brewing was a threat. Their response was to buy up everything that they could. The number of solid independent microbreweries is shrinking almost as fast as breweries were opening.

Fuck, even employee owned New Belgium and long time home brewer favorite Bells have been bought up now. Quality doesn’t necessarily drop when this happens, but it often does……and selection starts catering more to the middle of the road.

And ABInbev now owns several home brew supply houses, including what I’m pretty sure is the largest(Northern Brewer).

Any ways, moral of the story is 15-20years back all the big beer conglomerates felt very threatened by the craft beer boom taking a piece of their pie. Now a lot of formally “craft” brewed beer is macro brew in a fancy package with a high price tag.

5 Likes

Cannabis Compounds Prevented Covid Infection in Laboratory Study

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-12/cannabis-compounds-prevented-covid-infection-in-laboratory-study?sref=cv51C53O

8 Likes

just be glad that those us that actually got the herb legalized for y’all didn’t get butthurt so easily. That’s all I can say to Overgrow.com.

Good luck walking into a State House and lobbying former cops and prosecutors to legalize weed for 15 years if you get butthurt easily. Good luck legalizing weed once the right to protest and speak out is gone from your country.

5 Likes

this Covid/cannabis story is fascinating…here is a similar study from last year - it looks like it’s a completely different team of researchers:

Cannabis compound inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication in human lung cells

Strikingly, the incidence of SARS-CoV-2 was only 1.2% among the patients prescribed CBD, compared with 12.2% among the matched patients who had not been taking CBD.

Cannabidiol Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Replication and Promotes the Host Innate Immune Response

8 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/01/14/oregon-marijuana-legalization-black-market-enforcement-527012

6 Likes

Shameful.

Garden State hi-jinks!

5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

I am surprised this is not being done more. I see stuff on faceybook operating in this way. Buy a bag of candy and choose what weed gift you want with it. It’s a good way to beat the system, but these loopholes will be closed soon I think. The government needs it’s pound of flesh.

2 Likes

Shocked face.

2 Likes

The State of Georgia is still running amok–full speed ahead!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Which translates to, we will sell a lot less weed if people can grow there own, and they difinitely will when they see the costs and taxes they have to pay buying it lol.

So sad these useless gits are in control.

6 Likes

I approve this campaign ad:

8 Likes

As a former New Yorker who considered moving to New Jersey for a more affordable life, I’m glad I went back to New England instead. When it comes to sheer cravenness in a liberal mask, NJ is pretty hard to beat. “Can’t just drop seeds in a pot” my ass, they’re talking about seed to harvest tracking for homegrow instead of plant counts? Absolutely fucking insane. I’m so happy to have ended up back in a state where we can have twelve plants in the house without any registration or licensing.

7 Likes

interesting to see the NY Times keeps using “marijuana” so does the Boston Globe, the AP and my local newspaper now use “cannabis” exclusively…

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/03/travel/nepal-maha-shivaratri.html

As a holy offering to Shiva, Sadhus — Hindu holy men who wear saffron-colored clothing (or, occasionally, none at all) — smoke marijuana out of chillums, or traditional clay pipes, sharing with those around them.

A man smokes from a chillum, or a traditional clay pipe.

7 Likes