Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

After reading that article a second time, I can not help but wonder if most of the edibles and vape pens sold in stores are not chemically converted THC from hemp.

If you think about it, the profit margin is far greater than cannabis THC.
These folks are all about the profit and who would know if it never got tested?

A quote for the article…
Eighty percent of what Delta was producing was the Conte brand that included the hemp-derived THC, :thinking:

Think about that next time you purchase an edible or vape. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hightimes.com/culture/the-primary-colors-of-cannabis/amp/

5 Likes

Interesting article.

2 Likes

The comments at the bottom of the article, as well.

1 Like

I had to go back and read em, thanks!
From the article.
The guy could have just said a fellow breeder as that is what nevil was.
But he said this…

a heroin addict named Nevil used a grant from the Dutch government to get clean by growing cannabis seeds

Nevil is dead now and can not defend himself so why not smear his name to discredit what he has said in the past.

A kick in the nuts if you will, kinda dirty too.

Oh and no mention of those mysterious haze brothers that were supposed to have had the first haze beans.

2 Likes

Yowza! Some blistering responses to the article.

2 Likes

Author

Todd McCormick

I’m shocked - absolutely shocked - that someone with a business based around having the “authentic genetics” everyone is looking for would write an article simultaneously tearing down the competition while explaining why he is miraculously the only one in the world to have the real thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Didn’t even realize his name came out as a link. Since it’s a link anyway, but one with no information about the author, I pointed it to where it should go - his seed company’s web page. Just a bit of an ulterior motive there…

9 Likes
4 Likes

“We must call on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Department of Justice to issue statements that neither agency will enforce the Controlled Substances Act or the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act”

4 Likes

I guess people don’t want seeds. For the homegrow, nothing is more fun and interesting than seed making. Then you figure out its not hard to make your own awesome crosses. Hit a few lower branches with some pollen, seeded nugs at the bottom of every jar if you get that far.

4 Likes

You can have some of my seeds. Problem solved.

5 Likes

I am a little confused by one thing in that article… the Colorado retailer who said he didn’t know the THC extract used in the pre-rolls he was buying was derived from hemp… didn’t he know he was buying from an out of state producer, and therefore in violation of federal law and the Cole Memo? One would think you’d either be a little gunshy about acknowledging you’d knowingly done that, or that maybe you’d clue in to the fact that it probably wasn’t extract made from drug cultivar plants?

5 Likes
9 Likes

When they legalized here, along with conveniently leaving homegrowing a felony until they’ve collected enough bribes, they also neglected to write up any legal methods for determining impairment. Now, instead of it being flat-out illegal and “a smell of marijuana” being the preferred excuse for cops molesting kids they don’t like the look of, it’s legal and cops can instead call a “drug recognition expert” to perform a 12-step test to determine if someone’s impaired. Luckily, there are no standards for said tests, so now instead of just saying they smell weed they have to call someone else to say they think they recognize the signs of drug use in their behavior. Seems like it is in no way an improvement, except for the politicians being bribed and the ones bribing them. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

It’s a living!

5 Likes

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obituaries/oregon/name/jenifer-valley-obituary?id=36485451

Rest in peace to Jen, an important figure in the bay area and portland medical cannabis community.

If anyone still holds her berkeley or berkeley blues line, please get in touch. I would like to arrange a co-op seed run to keep these lines alive.

Her strain Berkeley Blues won a local cannabis cup in 2011. I haven’t grown it since 2013. really great quick flowering sativa heirloom.

18 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I wonder what quantity she consumed to cure her cancer.

4 Likes

Editorial: New York’s continuing marijuana mess

The state failed to properly prepare for the legalization of recreational cannabis. Growers and retailers are paying the price.

https://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/editorial-new-york-s-continuing-marijuana-mess-18375496.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fmarijuana

7 Likes

Hey I’m one of these! I’ll put it on my résumé

6 Likes

And they continue to fail. I goto one of the Indian reservations when I don’t have anything or I am looking for something different.

3 Likes